• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm trying to play catch up with all of this but goddamn are people fucking shitty. Imagine pretending to have morals and then sacrificing those pretend morals for a fucking video game.

Fuck this stupid game, fuck it's apologists and fuck this all lives matter bullshit.

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
No one here is saying posting PMs is fine, just pointing out that people are hand wringing over that but either had fuck all to say or were dismissive in regards to our concerns. It's possible to be concerned for both issues and really, people should be concerned with both. But supporting basic human rights is a bridge to far for some apparently.
and those hand wringing while also dismissing the issues have to own up to being wrong in doing that. i can support kyuuji for what they do re: helping raise awareness about issues with CDPR, but they allowed a situation to come about that isn't decent by sharing that exchange / allowing it to be posted publicly.

Deleted member 27872

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ugh I cant believe all of this shit, I think im probably gonna leave the site as well. I dont know what else I can say that others havent said already, the way this site has been handling trans issues has been really bad lately.

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland
i don't really have much to say that hasn't already been said, just wanted to drop a message of solidarity for fellow trans posters. i've never been super active on here (more of a lurker) but it was nice seeing a more "mainstream" place than discords where people actually held CDPR accountable even if that place was literally only part of this thread.

i'm not sure whether this whole thing will make me outright leave but it's definitely significantly soured my opinion of the site and while i'm somewhat frustrated for my own sake i'm more sad at how everyone who's more invested here has been treated by fanboys, you all deserve way better than this.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I don't understand why that thread hasn't been locked again. It's way worse in there now than it was the last time it was locked.

The arguments saying only like truly abhorrent games about school shootings etc are banned should be reevaluated given how toxic this shit is. What would the site lose if all Cyberpunk discussion was banned? Maybe some members would cry censorship and leave, but if the alternative is losing members of the trans era community then... just take that L tbh.
At this point i think its for the best. This game is not worth losing a great community over and i wouldn't lose any sleep if it happened.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
The last 24 hours have kind of just left me sad, frustrated and at a loss for words.

I hope we're not in the midst of another exodus, because there's so many people in here that can speak my exact sentiments so much better than I can, and so many people that I enjoy seeing. =/

I don't really know how this can even be made right at this point. It feels like people are just continuing on their way and hoping to out wait the problem until it's fallen by the wayside again.

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
TransERA you are all wonderful human beings and if any of you leave because of how this site handled this situation then we are all so much worse off than before for having lost you. I hope you all can continue to lean on each other, your true allies, and your loved ones to foster a welcoming place somewhere (whether your community thread, or somewhere else entirely) where you can enjoy your hobbies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TransERA deserves better. This site was built to be a progressive and welcoming community and we are falling prey to the same Gamer bullshit that every other site does.

There is no room for transphobia in ERA. There is no room for a game made by a company that openly and unabashedly fetishizes Trans lives for their stupid new toy.

Fuck that. Fuck Gamers.

TheOther

Jan 10, 2019
Texas
I really thought Era was supposed to be a little more empathetic than this.

Nope. Never has been and never will be. It's all performative.

People love to act like the all of the problem persons were left behind at the previous site but that's just not the case. This community came from there and it was always a problem.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Never has been and never will be. It's all performative.

People love to act like the all of the problem persons were left behind at the previous site but that's just not the case. This community came from there and it was always a problem.
It's the equivalent to a corporate twitter account putting up a rainbow flag avatar for Pride Month.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What Cyberpunk fanboys think TransEra is like towards Black Chamber right now:

P5Uko8SV20Ry_V-UOeI31lZnXCE=.gif

Jun 5, 2018
I've also been keeping an eye on what's been happening, have to say having an OT is not brining the awareness to the issues at hand enough to justify its existence imo, seeing kyuuji literally be polite enough to answer a question about that game taking the highest ground only for pages upon pages of people to defend a very stupid dismissive response actually hurt to read,

I'm extremely fortunate in that o don't have to deal with the discrimination the fear and all the hate that you all deal with every day, I'm not stupid enough to think I know what that's like nor would I presume to try, is it really so much to ask for people to take a step back and look at things with a more critical eye? Especially when by doing so, by spreading awareness of these issues you increase the chances of making the world a more inclusive place?

No one is perfect but we ought to be able to understand each other when one of us suffers, a video game or anything so superfluous in no way shape or form should ever be compared to or used to drown out such important issues.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
TransERA deserves better. This site was built to be a progressive and welcoming community and we are falling prey to the same Gamer bullshit that every other site does.

There is no room for transphobia in ERA. There is no room for a game made by a company that openly and unabashedly fetishizes Trans lives for their stupid new toy.

Fuck that. Fuck Gamers.
These issues have been present since day one, so it's not really accurate to say we're currently "falling prey".
In every single one of the community meetings stuff like this was brought up and that's why a lot of people from those communities have left.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh but that was ages ago, they have learnt so much since then and have always been nice and replied with an emoji when I said "HYYYPE" in the thread.

(Points to last 48 hours)

That doesnt count either.
"So what do you want him to do?"

"Show actual support for trans people."

"No, seriously, what do you want him to do?"

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
After reading this thread and other past CDPR-related thread, I have made the decision to pass on this game to show support to the trans community here. Just though I'd let the trans community know you have allies here.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Dropping in to express my solidarity with TransEra. This whole situation is awful and I'm really disappointed in the way ERA generally has treated the trans community in light of it. Thank you to everyone who expressed their frustration and hurt—you shouldn't be into put situations where you have to, but it's really helpful to those who are hurt who aren't as articulate at expressing those feelings.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just wanted to chime in showing my support for the trans community, both here & elsewhere. You deserve better than what you've gotten as of late. There shouldn't be any tolerance for transphobia here, at all.

Deleted member 64002

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2020
wait I was gone 2 hours playing with friends and I come back to icemonk getting banned and that pm that just reeks of sand burying. What the absolute fuck is that shit I am really grossed out and disgusted with that dude even more now. That man needs his OT taken away from him there is no excuse. Dude doesn't give a fuck about trans issues and that thread is even worse than it was before. I'm severely considering leaving sooner than I thought if this is how Era sees us in the community. But hell might as well derail the thread talking about trans issues. It's more fucked when you realize the first replies when the OT opened up were from racist dickheads. I'm really frustrated and upset and I have no words. Era needs to do better and while I've fucking fought for this community tonight has been very hard to keep going. I'm still glad I made those initial threads to get the ball rolling for us to get here even if we are kicked in the face with sand just for us to see some of these people go completely mask off with stuff I've known for a long time being a problem with the site. And that gaming side lacks any moderation oversight and needs a deep cleaning badly.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Last post before I'm done I swear(just finished Miles Morales and wanted to catch up), this place has never really been "progressive" lots of it is performative. I'm not saying there aren't any genuinely progressive people but this place has massive issues with racism, transphobia and ableism in general but if you're clever enough to hide it under a bunch of paragraphs in a "civil" manner you'll more than likely get away with it.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry y'all, ended up jumping back in when Kyuuji got misgendered.

I finally understand why some of my elders said do what I say, not what I do.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Read over some of last pages of that Cyperpunk thread and the lack of empathy from people there is truly sad to see. I'm sorry to everyone in TransEra, you all don't deserve being made to feel as if you're unreasonable for asking for respect from other members. At this point multiple minority communities have had problems with the site, felt unsafe here, or have left / stopped posting entirely despite the original promise of inclusivity. That promise has felt incredibly hollow for a long time and it doesn't seem like things are being done to really remedy it unfortunately. I also agree that hype threads should die.

Kyrona

Jul 9, 2020
If anyone does end up deciding to leave, send me a pm first. I'd like for us all to be able to keep in touch

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I said this to Kyuuji privately and I'll say it here

Fighting to convince the .5% who will listen may be worth it, but don't catch a ban for it, and don't waste your time.

There are plenty of people in that OT thread with bad faith takes and interactions with many of you that frequent this this thread. It's not worth it to explain shit to them. They aren't going to be convinced.

The fight never stops but your battles have to be chosen.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You all deserve better. This site and people who want to be allies are continually failing you.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
That One S footage in the spoiler thread.... THAT is the game people are willing to go mask off for?