• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Concern trolling, instigating off-site drama, previously banned for attacking the community using alt-right troll rhetoric
[mod edit: off-site content removed]

here is one that is not quite so random

Last edited by a moderator:

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
That avatar and name are so familiar... can't place it. Is that an Era user? Or someone from the old place?

That equivalence is fucking terrible. Do they really think they've made a point there?
She used to be on GAF, started with a different name I'm not sure if I should mention (if she's cut ties with that name, I don't want to deadname her), not sure if she ever made the leap here. She was an editor at Gamefan before it imploded, and is trans herself.

Super Rookie

Oct 25, 2017
London
So what actually happened with the review threads and the Night City thread OP who got banned? I've read a few pages back but not really got the full picutre.

Were offensive remarks made to the trans community?

I've only just realised there is no review thread for this game.

Seems both Spikes were unaware until we went searching for the review thread, at least it goes to show that it is helping more users highlight the issues raised.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
What even is this post. It's a perfectly valid view, and worth pointing out

I do not think a "rando" from twitter is less important than any "rando" here, as long as the opinion is worth discussing

yeah but they seem to have a terrible read of the situation. how often did hobbes, who had the game and was actively playing it, get shut down for discussing it in threads? never that i saw.

RedShift_

Jul 24, 2018
I've been here since almost the start of this board, but I mainly lurk and post whenever I feel I have something to say. What's your point?

Excellent argument, though. Very mature.

EDIT: My bad, I lurked here a lot before I subscribed. But it's still been 2 years. Again, your point?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
So no review thread or OT right? Man did black chamber fuck this up for everyone. just answer the fucking question that you will add something to the OT to raise trans awareness Instead of sidestepping it with 💯 everyone is welcome. This turned into a dumpster fire when it didn't have to be 😡

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It could be achieved though honest, constant communication between willing members of the trans community and staff.

The reason it has not worked, so far, is because staff have not allowed Trans Era to steer. You can't write this off before it is even attempted, and the previous threads were all controlled by a person who was actively working against the trans community.

Trans Era need to make the call, but there is an opportunity to steer it in a productive direction here. It is down to how willing staff are to really crack down on certain behaviours, and the willingness of the trans community and how they would like this to go.

Okay, I hope you're right. I've just been really frustrated lately and I want a good outcome. I'm not sure what the underlying issues are because I don't see the moderation hours, the financing, or the internal and intra-community staff discussion, but I want Era to make the most of this opportunity and steer things in a productive direction, as you say.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What even is this post. It's a perfectly valid view, and worth pointing out

I do not think a "rando" from twitter is less important than any "rando" here, as long as the opinion is worth discussing
It's just more of the same "both sides" style rhetoric that completely ignores the fact that the frustration and anger certain communities are feeling is an inventible outcome of consistent dismissal, gaslighting, attacks etc...

If you actually follow account history of many trans members, you'll notice that many of them go through a long period of actively trying to diplomatically engage with people doing the above in an honest attempt to try to get them to empathise, and how having that thrown back in their faces numerous times has led an intolerance of these behaviours.

That thread, from a Twitter rando, is ignoring all of this. It's saying "can't we try harder to be civil" while we take streams of constant abuse. Can't we turn the other cheek AGAIN, for the benefit of those who can't even be bothered to read a staff message linking to an OT that honestly and articulately explains our concerns?

It is the usual, dismissive, "both sides" nonsense that plagues these discussions and tries to paint the legitimate frustration and anger of people who have TRIED to reach people.

I've cancelled my preorder before the preload went up today. Receipts.

lLwhxpu.png

I knew there were trouble, I saw the tweets, I know from where CDPR are from, I knew what was going on, but I still preordered for full price. Monkey Island ref comes to mind.

So right now, I will just wait, possibly for it to be really cheap before buying and then feel like a hypocrite, but for now, no Cyberpunk and more of voting by wallet by disagreeing with what they were doing and how they are treating people.

I just don't get the hate for anyone on this planet except for really BAD people.

Sending love and friendliness my peeps.

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the review thread that highlights reviews that talked about how transphobia should have been done in the way GG was done. We can threadban people here anyway. Just threadban anyone asking questions or complaining about not having the space to discuss the game without touching on the transphobic aspects. I felt that we could have gotten into some sort of balance in that thread if we did that.
That's true, I forgot threadbanning was an option. I would like to get to the point where we all recognize the disguised bigots, but preventing them from derailing is a good first step and it would mitigate potential martyring.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User threadbanned, further action pending review: extreme hostility against another member (who was not participating in the thread) over multiple posts

Lmao what a piece of fucking garbage. I'd love to hear their defense of this shit.

So tired of this bootlicking bullshit. I'm tired of being fuckin civil around here. There's no two sides to this shit.

IT'S A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

HUMAN BEING EMOTIONS AND SAFETY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN STUPID FUCKING TOYS

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I hope you're right. I've just been really frustrated lately and I want a good outcome. I'm not sure what the underlying issues are because I don't see the moderation hours, the financing, or the internal and intra-community staff discussion, but I want Era to make the most of this opportunity and steer things in a productive direction, as you say.
I personally think it's possible, but I still can't decide if this hope is realistic or if I'm being naive.

Time will tell...

I hope we both get what we're hoping for here.

vash1122

Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck do we get through to people like that, without compromising our own care and sanity in the process?

This shit is fucking exhausting and heartbreaking. :(

While it's not impossible to change some people, you can't put the pressure to get through to them on yourself. They have to have a moment of reflection and that is completely on themselves. And that isn't accounting for when some of them aren't even posting in good faith.

If helping people try to see reason makes you feel like you're making a difference, I say go ahead. It can even help getting the message out to people you aren't directly responding to. But just don't have any expectations of changing any one person in particular. That's just setting yourself up for failure and frustration. You have to take care of your health before anyone else's. Especially someone that can't see past their own selfishness.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao what a piece of fucking garbage. I'd love to hear their defense of this shit.

So tired of this bootlicking bullshit. I'm tired of being fuckin civil around here. There's no two sides to this shit.

IT'S A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

HUMAN BEING EMOTIONS AND SAFETY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN STUPID FUCKING TOYS
so are we just attacking folk for mentioning CP2077 now?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
While it's not impossible to change some people, you can't put the pressure to get through to them on yourself. They have to have a moment of reflection and that is completely on themselves. And that isn't accounting for when some of them aren't even posting in good faith.

If helping people try to see reason makes you feel like you're making a difference, I say go ahead. It can even help getting the message out to people you aren't directly responding to. But just don't have any expectations of changing any one person in particular. That's just setting yourself up for failure and frustration. You have to take care of your health before anyone else's. Especially someone that can't see past their own selfishness.
Total agreement, thank you for your kind and considerate words <3

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
It's just more of the same "both sides" style rhetoric that completely ignores the fact that the frustration and anger certain communities are feeling is an inventible outcome of consistent dismissal, gaslighting, attacks etc...

If you actually follow account history of many trans members, you'll notice that many of them go through a long period of actively trying to diplomatically engage with people doing the above in an honest attempt to try to get them to empathise, and how having that thrown back in their faces numerous times has led an intolerance of these behaviours.

That thread, from a Twitter rando, is ignoring all of this. It's saying "can't we try harder to be civil" while we take streams of constant abuse. Can't we turn the other cheek AGAIN, for the benefit of those who can't even be bothered to read a staff message linking to an OT that honestly and articulately explains our concerns?

It is the usual, dismissive, "both sides" nonsense that plagues these discussions and tries to paint the legitimate frustration and anger of people who have TRIED to reach people.

yeah. just look at their responses to banned luigi over there. had the patience of a saint with them.

May 26, 2018

This community just gone done nearly disentigrating over not being listened to by staff after calling out a dismissive "feel-good" poster who slobbered all over 2077 and ended up being a MAGA-hat wearing fascist in disguise.

Tensions are high as fuck, so you might be well served to read about what's happened here.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Really disappointing but unsurprising to see the Metacritic score so high, but heartened that some of the bigger, more thoughtful sites are taking it to task for its content as much as its bugs and faux-ambitious design.

Sorry you're being put through all this just because CDPR are such stubborn edglords, TransERA.

Oct 25, 2017
This turned into a dumpster fire when it didn't have to be

Maybe it didn't have to happen, but it absolutely needed to happen. This shit has been ignored here for so long it was bound to blow up eventually, but a public reckoning like this will at least force some members/board leaders to square up there idealized vision of this community against the gross reality. Honestly, I don't have a ton of faith at this point that real positive change is likely, but at least now there's a better opportunity.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
This community just gone done nearly disentigrating over not being listened to by staff after calling out a dismissive "feel-good" poster who slobbered all over 2077 and ended up being a MAGA-hat wearing fascist in disguise.

Tensions are high as fuck, so you might be well served to read about what's happened here.

I don't think that should mean ignoring the big purple thing at the bottom about attacking members of the site. I mean it's not like Shinobi is some undercover maga guy.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have no idea why the shitshow review thread was redirected here. All it does is welcome the chuds and trolls

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Attacking him? Or calling a spade a spade? You can feign ignorance of the underlying issues all your want, but this dude POSTS here and is well aware of this. He's a piece of shit.

If you know what's going on and all of CDPR's shit and continue to spew that congratulatory garbage and "hype" you can go fuck right off.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017

• By the same token, avoid sweeping generalizations about people who are excited to play the game.
  • Do not engage in personal attacks on other members, direct or indirect, whether they're participating in this thread or not.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I'm sorry if it was out of line to post that tweet. I see now my post has been edited to remove it. I just thought it would be helpful for members here to see who exactly they are sharing a space with.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I'm sorry if it was out of line to post that tweet. I see now my post has been edited to remove it. I just thought it would be helpful for members here to see who exactly they are sharing a space with.
No need to apologize, just try to see how pointless it is to entertain them.

Look at some of the replies they've had in the comments genuinely asking them to reflect, going ignored.

They didn't want to engage, and they didn't get it... there's no value there.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I've cancelled my preorder before the preload went up today. Receipts.

lLwhxpu.png

I knew there were trouble, I saw the tweets, I know from where CDPR are from, I knew what was going on, but I still preordered for full price. Monkey Island ref comes to mind.

So right now, I will just wait, possibly for it to be really cheap before buying and then feel like a hypocrite, but for now, no Cyberpunk and more of voting by wallet by disagreeing with what they were doing and how they are treating people.

I just don't get the hate for anyone on this planet except for really BAD people.

Sending love and friendliness my peeps.

good on you for cancelling your pre-order.

one thing I would recommend, to people who want to play it but don't want to support it, is to look to your local library, which may have a copy you can borrow for free, to satisfy your curiosity without compromising your values. I'm not doing that with this game personally, but it's a method I've considered for games where I'm interested but some issue or other has me preferring to go a legal-but-free route.

May 26, 2018
  • By the same token, avoid sweeping generalizations about people who are excited to play the game.
  • Do not engage in personal attacks on other members, direct or indirect, whether they're participating in this thread or not.

People expressing frustration does not amount to attacks and sweeping generalizations. We just got done with that particular conflict.

Maybe posting the tweet does though? That's a little more of a gray area and up to the mods.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That metacritic is an indictment on the entire industry. Only extreme ignorance or apathy can explain it.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the Greg Miller posts last page... Being a follower of his content for years now, someone was absolutely right that they get swallowed in the hype machine very very easily, no matter what its for.

He does support progressive views, but I'd bet he's at the same stage I was before this thread where he doesn't even realize the real problems here, and reading what you guys say would get to him if he notices it.

I know I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, but, just my viewpoint as a fan.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why the shitshow review thread was redirected here. All it does is welcome the chuds and trolls
They would eventually show up here now that there's nowhere else they can discuss their precious game. So they need to complain that their right of talking about the game without criticism has been taken by people with actual problems.

Quite a sizeable batch of new faces in this thread since all other threads were locked.