Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
It has good scene composition, good texture work, ambient lighting and a dense level of detail
I get being critical of the low points but going "it's actually just tricking you to think it's good" is so weird to me
The fact you are saying this is "good texture work" show that, yes, the dark ambiance works on that front.
And I am not saying they used a dark ambiance to trick you. That not the goal.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The fact you are saying this is "good texture work" show that, yes, the dark ambiance works on that front.
And I am not saying they used a dark ambiance to trick you. That not the goal.
If that isn't good texture work then no switch game has good texture work save maybe Xenoblade 2's rocks. I love those rocks.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fairly certain they've already said there would be game and other announcements in the lead up to the concert, right?

They said...

"Fans can expect more announcements that week from across the franchise."

So they didn't specifically mention games. Would be extremely weird if they didn't show up at all, but they never promised them.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
They said...

"Fans can expect more announcements that week from across the franchise."

So they didn't specifically mention games. Would be extremely weird if they didn't show up at all, but they never promised them.
It's really interesting how people interpreted that.

People and some youtubers interpreted that as being "we'll get announcements every day" and got grumpy on Monday

Anyway, we had our first announcement today, a full thread of upcoming content starting Friday

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
I don't usually get irritated about Pokémon releases but man, a Let's Go! Version of DP would piss me off. 😭

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
HGSS was announced in May, ORAS was announced in May, Let's Go was announced in May as well. So there's a bit of a pattern here with remakes. But, you know, this being the 25th anniversary, I think it's very likely that if there is a remake coming this year, it's getting announced this week.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I would love a Let's Go Sinnoh, but with the regular wild battles.
Keep the catching, the style, it's fine, but give me regular battles.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I would love a Let's Go Sinnoh, but with the regular wild battles.
Keep the catching, the style, it's fine, but give me regular battles.

I think a clever way around it would be having it so if your party's average level is, say, 5 levels above the wild Pokémon, it defaults to Let's Go style

Would make the grind for specific natures less arduous while still making the initial journey through an area feel satisfying

Parker

Feb 5, 2018
I expect an announcement of the Friday's Direct today.
tenor.gif

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
they made Pokemon Cafe mix. they might be assisting with other pokemon games as well. I wouldn't say they're in a position for larger games anymore
Correct. They currently have a staff of 22.

A lot of key staff got absorbed into Game Freak, such as James Turner who was the Art Director for Sword & Shield.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man Diantha is the most nothing champion.

How dare they leave out Wallace though, boooooooooo!

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
do you think we're getting a new mythical this year, a new Gen VIII mythical?
See this is a tricky one.

In any normal year, the answer would be yes and we'd probably have it on Pokémon Day or around now.

However with the last movie delayed to December and the next one not even announced or tease, the usual patterns are off the table

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Diantha's been on the Master's title screen since launch and she's barely making it into the game after Leon of all people.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It wouldn't surprise me if there are no game announcements by the end of this week, and the only major celebration is that silly concert on Saturday.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
All I want for Pokémon are soundtracks in the games that actually have some bass and don't live in the high levels.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Can we finally get a sequel to Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, please? Or at least a port/remake/remaster.
I feel for Genius Sonority, wish they had more time to develop 3D games before most of the staff got absorbed by GF. Their games were such delicious spectacles. Would have loved to see what their battle sim games/XD sequel would have looked like on the Switch.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
All I want for Pokémon are soundtracks in the games that actually have some bass and don't live in the high levels.

I would like more (any?) use of actual live instruments, because one of my main issues with SwSh was how it sounded. I liked a good amount of the compositions, but man...the actual quality was rough for me. It also has some of my least favourite music in the franchise, but with better quality samples or live instruments it may have helped things.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel for Genius Sonority, wish they had more time to develop 3D games before most of the staff got absorbed by GF. Their games were such delicious spectacles. Would have loved to see what their battle sim games/XD sequel would have looked like on the Switch.
they would have had full 3D backgrounds, accurate pokemon sizes, stadium-sized spacing, a variety of body types for your custom trainer, and better visual effects

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I would like more (any?) use of actual live instruments, because one of my main issues with SwSh was how it sounded. I liked a good amount of the compositions, but man...the actual quality was rough for me. It also has some of my least favourite music in the franchise, but with better quality samples or live instruments it may have helped things.
This too. We're not on handhelds anymore. Let's up the audio quality, Game Freak.