Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its not really a character design, but that Giraffe getting sucked off...

R61-569x606.jpg
LiarLiarOHCOMEON.gif

I get it's funny and widespread meme and it barely looks like a 6 but you really have to struggle to actually see a giraffe fellatio.

Also, since when is "6" a character design?

I'll never be able to see Metapod as anything but angry.

YosQehL.png
Like..... you thought this was a picture of Metapods back? So the "arm" of the coccon is his nose or something?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
250px-282Gardevoir.png

I used to think Gardevoir was some ugly Picasso looking monstrosity for the longest time until my friend finally told me the right way to look at its face lmao

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
*sigh* Let's get this out of the way...
agahnim-how-he-looks-in-how-his-how-i-saw-21699730.png
I remember watching The Runaway Guys where Chuggaaconroy first brought this to my attention and now I'm mad because I can't unsee it and it's distracting

WiiUVC_FinalFantasyTacticsAdvance_03.jpg

During my first playthrough of FFTA I used to believe that Moogles had beaks according to their sprites. (Yes, it sounds stupid specially when you can clearly see Montblanc's portrait without a beak, but to be fair it doesn't have the moogle nose either)

OMG this too

It still looks like a beak to me tbh

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
In Chrono Trigger the Yakra sprite. I was looking at this one wrong until someone posted this on the other site I thought his face was his mouth.:

1472261783337.png

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
11-117708_chrono-trigger-nu-png-download-chrono-trigger-pixel.png

It's dumb looking at it now, but I used to think that its nose holes were its eyes and its eyes were weird antenna things.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Another one. Mack from Mario RPG. I always thought it was a sword with eyes. But that's a person bouncing on the sword like a pogo stick:

latest

latest

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
And last one, promise.

I had no idea what was going on with Geno's face in Mario RPG. He looked like an old dude who got puched in the right eye with a big red nose. But they're the twirlly things on his cap.

images

200px-Geno_SMRPG.gif

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I totally thought Snokie was a hairy caveman since I never saw the box back in the day.
snokie_8.png

But it's a bird.

346056-snokie-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg

Nov 17, 2017
v4-460px-Catch-Pokemon-in-Pokemon-Red_Blue-Step-2-Version-4.jpg

I thought the red orbs on Tentacool's Head were eyes and a mouth. I thought it was some sort of alien skull head. When I actually saw it in the anime, I felt stupid.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Always thought the Bullet Bill from Super Mario Bros. was smiling but it's actually its arm. I still can't unsee it tbh.

c9e981356fa8144.png

1200px-BulletBillMK8.png
I didnt even think the eye was an eye or that they had a face at all. I thought the bullets were just bullets and the white was just added to give it a textured look.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, bede is not only supposed to be a kid, but they're also a male? Whoever designed that character did a piss poor job if thats the case. Tbh bede wouldve been more interesting if your rival was a grandma

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ever saw a character that you thought was completely different and now that is how you see them? Pokemon Sword and Shield introduced a character named Bede, who is apparently a teenage male, but what I see is an old lady Pokemon trainer. This sums it up perfectly

a5a.png

Thank's a lot, now I can't unsee it either. :/

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
113px-Marin_singing.png

Link's Awakening was the first video game I ever played as a kid and I always thought Marin was like an older lady and the parts of hair behind her back was actually her like hunched over holding her hands behind her back. Even today I have trouble seeing her sprite correctly
If she's holding her hands behind her back... then what would those two lumps in front of her be?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Whenever I look at the art for Squawks in DKC, his wing looks like a mohawk to me:

latest

dyne

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Wow, so many Chrono Trigger entries. After all these years I thought it was a flawless game but clearly the sprites are flawed. When Crono is lying down, I can only imagine a big old pair of white goggles on:

190151-chronotriggeraction1.png

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
wait how am I supposed to look at Metapod so he's angry.

vsabelle

Jun 4, 2019
I thought the gold part of the hat on Bobberys cat were shut eyelids and his one eye was his nose. I thought he was just a little old man and not a tough looking sailor.
latest