Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
As a bit of a film snob who skips most blockbusters... I will be watching the everliving shit out of that.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I thought the first reboots were great lmao, some of my favorite movies for no reason at all.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
The original was campy, but it wasn't Adam West Batman. That was all McG's input.

But that's my take, if the other reboot had played it straight or at serious as this one seems to, there wouldn't have been a sequel. The fact that they weren't what anyone expected and didn't fear making fun of itself, reveling in the campiness of a film based on a cheesy show from the 70s is what made them worth watching imo.

See: 21 Jump Street reboot/movie

Drew Barrymore as Director makes more sense, wonder if they tapped on her shoulder at all; would have been perfect.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to express my bewilderment at Charlie's Angels being remade so soon...until I realized the first remakes came out damn near 20 years ago.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Female director of a female action film maybe?

Again though the reference point isn't particularly impressive as they specifically put 'From Director Elizabeth Banks', though of course given the limited opportunities female directors generally get it's not surprising!

That may well be why they've done it but I would assume, though admittedly could be wrong, that simply saying it's from a female director isn't going to make a difference to the BO.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Feels more like Totally Spies than Charlie's Angels.

I mean that in a good way. Those 00's Charlie's Angel are abominations to movies. I'm sure the originals are miles better than them and this but I never watched the originals.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I saw the first one in theaters, and I kinda wished I hadn't. Looks like a rental at best to me.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's gonna be fun seeing people pretend like the originals were untouchable classics now that a reboot is coming out. Happens every time.

This reboot is especially blessed by having a low, low (loooooowwww), bar to clear.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
kristen stewart's haircut

giphy.gif

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Again though the reference point isn't particularly impressive as they specifically put 'From Director Elizabeth Banks', though of course given the limited opportunities female directors generally get it's not surprising!

That may well be why they've done it but I would assume, though admittedly could be wrong, that simply saying it's from a female director isn't going to make a difference to the BO.
She is also a well known actress, so that helps.

I need the killer soundstrack of the first and a creepy thin Glover in the next trailer.

And more Simon says DANCE ROCKWELL! DANCE!!!!

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. We're actually going to pretend the 2000s Charlie's Angels movies were good now.

Fuck.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Remember that rumour about some super-duper rich type who paid a Hollywood studio a fortune (like millions and millions) so his offspring could have a major role in a potential franchise film like some sort of weird human based product placement?

Memba' ?

Anyway, this new trailer looks fine I suppose. Fairly inoffensive and slate compared to the McG films (certainly the first one) but it might work.

*cough *

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible trailer but that was mostly the song, which isnt a good trailer song, and the edit which was atrocious.

Otherwise the cast seems to be having fun.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
They rather lucked out casting Naomi Scott now that she has approximately 1800% more name recognition from Aladdin. The McG films or even the original show are hardly a high bar so looking "fine" is par for the course in this franchise.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh? Honestly Charlie's Angels is the Sonic the Hedgehog of TV/Film. Any attempt to make a new one past its initial conception has never worked saved for that one attempt in the early 2000s that people like for some reason.

With that being said we need to give Kristen Stewart more roles.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
First half of trailer was bizarre and confusing, second half a bit better. Gonna be a tough month to release, releases same day as Ford vs. Ferrari (Matt Damon, Christian Bale) which is gonna pull a lot of the guys and a week later Frozen 2 is out which is gonna grab all the families.

Wonder why they don't pull forward a week or two, the only other big movie in Nov is the new Terminator and I can't imagine thats gonna do well after Genisys/etc.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Directed by Elizabeth Banks!? Cool.

Why are they drive such old Audis though?

Anyways, Kristen Stewart is awesome.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Movie looks fun but I'm so tired of the untrained person becomes a super spy trope 😪. I hope they add a nice spin to that.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
They rather lucked out casting Naomi Scott now that she has approximately 1800% more name recognition from Aladdin. The McG films or even the original show are hardly a high bar so looking "fine" is par for the course in this franchise.
While neither were high art they both benefited from star power, mono culture and nostalgia.

Kids don't watch re-runs nor do modern shows really reference/parody Charlie's Angels anymore so I don't know who this is for. Add this to the pile along with King Kong,Godzilla,Robin Hood,King Arthur and Tarzan of once huge IP's that no one cares about. Plus this has 8 credited writers so I have zero hope that Banks will somehow make a 21 Jump Street.