• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Do you want them to throw an entire wheel of ages gouda at their heads or something?

dead2.gif

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I wonder how accurately a good AI program could tell which commentators have children and which don't...Im thinking it could nail it at a 90% clip.

Easily.

Its a dumb as rocks challenge, but wow at the feigned outrage over it some people have.

I've raised two. I'm not seeing any feigned outrage here. I mean if you can't get angry at people filming themselves throwing crap at babies for fun I think you'd have to be a pretty bloodless individual.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
My coworkers were laughing. Then showed me the kid getting cheesed...

It was yet another indication that we're in idiocracy.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this all over TikTok, except it's just everyone vs. everyone. Kids throwing at parents, parents at kids, coworkers, etc. 99% of the time it looks either staged or at least half-expected by the targets.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people come up with these stupid shit and call them "challenges"

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i mean most kids are gonna grow to hate and resent their parents anyway so when you think about it this doesnt change much

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
My friends did this to me when I was a kid (14) and I still haven't forgiven them. Cheese is fucking disgusting, and it was vile Cheese Whiz.

MrDonutHouse

Feb 13, 2019
My friends did this to me when I was a kid (14) and I still haven't forgiven them. Cheese is fucking disgusting, and it was vile Cheese Whiz.

I wouldn't forgive them.. There's really never a point where throwing food at a child is ever acceptable unless it is obviously a food fight and fun. This whole thing just seems bizarre and cruel.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I've seen this all over TikTok, except it's just everyone vs. everyone. Kids throwing at parents, parents at kids, coworkers, etc. 99% of the time it looks either staged or at least half-expected by the targets.

When someone runs up to you with a slice of cheese in their hand and a phone in the other, there's no surprise.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ok with this. My friends and I even as adults smack each other in the face with food often. Out at a fancy restaurant? Doesn't matter. Might get smacked in the face with a steak.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the places on the internet, I'm most shocked to see that so many of you guys here are perfectly cool with this.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not shocked. After all, we've had spanking threads before.

I'd actually say this is worse than a tap on a bottom. For one because this is mainly younger babies and toddlers who you would never (or at least shouldn't ever) consider even spanking in any way, at least not a sane decent parent. Two, this is completely and totally unprovoked just for laughs and views and clicks. Three, you are recording it for the world to see your stupid little baby look stupid and shocked and crying over PRANK BRO. I hate this generation of parents, and I'm a father of a 20 month old myself at age 38.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Atleast in the US, I do think they wouldn't care. Corporal punishment of kids is largely legal and largely accepted. So bit cheese on the face probably wouldn't register as abuse of any kind, when spanking in example doesn't (that definitely should). And that's what I'm truly worried about with parenting in the US, not the cheese.

Possibly there is a United States bias here. I don't think the authorities would be nearly so blasé as you suggest in Europe, whether about corporal punishment or about humiliating children for entertainment.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I saw one video of this a few days ago. My immediate thought was "why? The kid clearly isnt in on the joke. It's just uncomfortable and weird for them."

This is dumb. Dont use your kids as props.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
That was a good video.

Clearly animal torture, someone should call the authorities and have that person's cat taken from them.
How will that cat ever trust people, or cheese, again?

What kind of awful human would do that to a poor cat? Don't they know the damage it can do? Just for laughs? Oh Em Gee.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Clearly animal torture, someone should call the authorities and have that person's cat taken from them.

What kind of awful human would do that to a poor cat? Don't they know the damage it can do? Just for laughs? Oh Em Gee.

I can see what you're trying to do here, but please don't assume that your views about the use of pets as props in prank YouTube videos are uniformly supported. They're not humans, but using animals as playthings is still disturbing to many if not most reasonable people.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Though I enjoyed that video, I do think it can be a bit mean. I toss things at cats too but usually to play with them. I don't do stuff like put tape on their back and record it for likes on YouTube (and some people actually do this, cats don't respond well to stuff sticking on their back, it can be funny).

And as for babies, well, I don't feel a great urge to prank babies even if they'll forget about it in a day.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Don't think any of these kids will be old enough to remember this and I will totally admit I laughed. Of course if you're repeating it or doing other "pranks" consistently, that's fucked up.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I'm gonna call them "cheese challenged parents" because they seem not to know how to properly use cheese.

OopsieDoopsie

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Derogatory language and history of trolling
Fucking retards. They're humiliating they're kids for likes and views on social media.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'd actually say this is worse than a tap on a bottom. For one because this is mainly younger babies and toddlers who you would never (or at least shouldn't ever) consider even spanking in any way, at least not a sane decent parent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporal_punishment_of_minors_in_the_United_States#Prevalence

Corporal punishment is most frequent for toddler-age children and continues into children's adolescence. More than a third of parents in the US report using corporal punishment on children less than a year old, often with a slap on the hand.

Willkiller

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trust Reset to be hyperbolic about the negative effects of throwing a cheese slice at a baby. It's obviously stupid, but c'mon.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Trust Reset to be hyperbolic about the negative effects of throwing a cheese slice at a baby. It's obviously stupid, but c'mon.

It's what it says about the parent-child relationship that is so disturbing to me as a parent. This is somebody who depends on you for literally everything, so treating them like a toy for personal entertainment is toe-curlingly bad and sends out very loud warning signs.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Introducing the be a good parent challenge.