• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagger

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah this has been known for a long time. And also the part of the dad making Anthony lose his virginity at 12 is true as well, and effed up. He really traumatized Kiedis when he was a kid, and Anthony still has always cared for him, which is kinda sad and scary. It's wrong and disgusting that nothing was done at the time. Im sure the experiences Anthony had to deal with with drugs rape and dad making you lose your virginity all at age 10-13 also affected the way the Peppers acted during their early years towards female people.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
People tended not to care when it came to underage boys. 15-16 year old being raped by a teacher was common sitcom fodder around that time. Frasier and Everybody loves Raymond both had that as a plot (2 off the top of my head having seen them recently), where the emphasis was not at all on the predatory nature of the teacher.

Friends has a throwaway joke about Joey sleeping his way through seventh grade, and we're supposed to laugh at Joey for it.

Oct 25, 2017

https://www.throwbacks.com/edward-furlong/

There are articles around from bigger named sources, but this was the quickest to find.

When he was only 13 years old and on the set of Terminator he began a romantic relationship with his 26-year-old tutor.

They even moved in together and were in what he called a "quasi-spousal relationship" for his teen years. In 1994, California's laws on rape changed, and technically their relationship was illegal. Furlong's guardian tried to have Jacqueline Louise Dormac, the tutor, charged, but it was unsuccessful. Their relationship ended when Dormac sued Furlong for violent behavior.

Furlong would later wed Rachael Bella, and in 2006 they had a son. But this relationship didn't last long. The drama of Furlong's life led their son to test positive for cocaine and after their divorce he was restricted to supervised visits only.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus... This isn't okay. If the genders were swapped, I'm sure the folks having the nonchalant responses would probably be up in arms about this. This is really really sad to hear. His dad is a fucking monster, and Cher is just... ugh...

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
I believe this is a mistranslation that's ended up going viral multiple times. People combine two different stories together.

I believe the autobiography just says his babysitter was Cher and he used to sleep in her bed, but in an interview about the book that was in Italian, "sleep" was misinterpreted to "had sex with".

He did however have "sexual relations" with his Dad's girlfriend, arranged by his dad.

Deleted member 1777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His dad also mentioned in an interview a while back that he set up the girl his was dating at the time to have sex with Anthony when he was "12 or 13".

https://youtu.be/bK6wzwjyfrs at the 3:30 mark

I remember how super odd and disconcerting that was to hear about the time. This even more so.

I believe this is a mistranslation that's ended up going viral multiple times. People combine two different stories together.

I believe the autobiography just says his babysitter was Cher and he used to sleep in her bed, but in an interview about the book that was in Italian, "sleep" was misinterpreted to "had sex with".

He did however have "sexual relations" with his Dad's girlfriend, arranged by his dad.

Looks like in that video the father calls his girlfriend Kimberly, who slept with his son, whilst that isn't Chers real name. Still obviously unpleasant either way but sounds like it could be two different people.

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 Week): Rationalizing Stauatory Rape
I mean it's fucked up, but if that happened to me at 13 I would probably have felt like the luckiest guy ever.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Its fucking gross, she was almost 30 having sex with a 13 year old. Rape, outside of statuatory might be a bit of stretch though since he lost his virginity at age 12 to an 18 year old, stated in the same article, -which is ALSO fucked up- but he doesn't mention hard feelings or any sort of resentment toward either incident, its just matter of fact, which is difficult to judge. It certainly comes off as rape though. Adults should have better judgment. And to be frank some goddamn respect for themselves and those whose lives they can affect. These were probably big contributors to the kind of hard life he lived.
Somehow I don't think you'd be this wishy-washy if it had been a 29 year old man and a 13 year old girl, since that is basically Roy Moore territory.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
This is conflating two different stories or a mistranslation, it wasn't said Kiedis had sex with Cher. They slept in the same bed but nothing beyond that, she thought he was asleep and changed into a nightgown and he basically peeped on her changing.

He revealed in his autobiography Scar Tissue "I was in bed and Cher got up to go to the bathroom and get ready for bed. I watched her take off her clothes. There was a woman's naked body. I remember thinking, 'This is not bad, lying next to this beautiful lady.'"

The woman he had sex with was his father's 18 year old girlfriend. Which everything involving his father is fucked in and of itself.

Last edited:

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
And I bet this goes nowhere... because he was a boy who was raped by a woman. Awful.

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Age of consent is 14 where I live, I have a friend that had sex with a 23 year old woman when he was 14 and this might be not the case for many, but he loved it, back then and he still says to this day he is glad it happened cause it made him more confident. I'm not defending Cher or whoever would do such a thing, but there is the possibility it wasn't a traumatizing event. I mean that guy at least doesn't make it sound like it was for him, he said he was curious and that they had sex he said nothing about her forcing him or raping him.

Deleted member 18192

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
13 is pretty much the age everyone i grew up with lost there virginity... But it was to people there own age group

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Technically a woman cannot rape a man. It's only classed as serious assault (which is still horrendous) but rape can only be committed by a male in legal terms.

Having said that, this is ethically and morally rape, so...

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Technically a woman cannot rape a man. It's only classed as serious assault (which is still horrendous) but rape can only be committed by a male in legal terms.

Having said that, this is ethically and morally rape, so...
This is not entirely accurate. First, a woman having sex with a minor is still committing statutory rape. And while some jurisdictions require penetration for it to be rape, most are defined as a sexual act involving penetration, not requiring the agressor to penetrate. Some jurisdictions do specify male penetration, and some even specify penile penetration. The difference between rape and sexual assault is wildly variable from state to state.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh look everybody jumping and yelling out at the misfortune

As other poster has posted, nowhere has this story come to fruition

Its taking 2 stories and getting mashed up

You have Cher BABYSITTING, young boy peeking and seeing a naked Cher
Then you have the dad, who had his young GF fuck his own son, which I don't think would be statutory rape (I think with it being only a 5 year gap of 13 and 18 year old back then)
So some interpret Cher and GF and you get this mess

I mean that's one story that's being held back and never inklings of it whispered and now all of a sudden it comes out of nowhere?

Let's get the facts first before people start getting Pitchforks out like this real news

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This is not entirely accurate. First, a woman having sex with a minor is still committing statutory rape. And while some jurisdictions require penetration for it to be rape, most are defined as a sexual act involving penetration, not requiring the agressor to penetrate. Some jurisdictions do specify male penetration, and some even specify penile penetration. The difference between rape and sexual assault is wildly variable from state to state.

Huh. Interesting how something so serious can vary so much between states

In the UK rape can only be committed by a male, as odd as that may seem

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
One time he told the story he said they almost had sex. Another time says he had sex. In the book Scar Tissue, he says they slept next to each other. He's bringing the story up in the context to brag mostly, and moves right into losing his virginity at 12, picking his school he would attend based on hot girls. That's the context he puts this story in

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Huh. Interesting how something so serious can vary so much between states

In the UK rape can only be committed by a male, as odd as that may seem
Not that odd. It's also true for about fifty to sixty percent of the states. And twenty years ago it was true of more. There's been a very slow, very quiet movement to degender rape that's still going on. The FBI still focuses entirely on penetration, but includes any sort of penetration and any gender mix of perpetrator and victim. The laws regarding rape simply haven't kept up with modern ideas of consensuality.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Oh look everybody jumping and yelling out at the misfortune

As other poster has posted, nowhere has this story come to fruition

Its taking 2 stories and getting mashed up

You have Cher BABYSITTING, young boy peeking and seeing a naked Cher
Then you have the dad, who had his young GF fuck his own son, which I don't think would be statutory rape (I think with it being only a 5 year gap of 13 and 18 year old back then)
So some interpret Cher and GF and you get this mess

I mean that's one story that's being held back and never inklings of it whispered and now all of a sudden it comes out of nowhere?

Let's get the facts first before people start getting Pitchforks out like this real news
All of these things are fucking awful.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you read the interview

The question before and after, like it makes no sense

Hey I see your going out with this lady (sex life prior)
Yeah, she's something great, but for others no comment
Oh like that Cher thing you've spoken about
Yeah, I watched her naked and then she raped me
Cool, how are you feeling now your turning 50...

Like WTF?

The dude said Cher raped him and your next question is how's it feel to be old...
Like come on.

Unless there's audio or video proof of him saying it, that interviewer added the other story as old wives tale and mashed it together

Also this is 2012, so it's still recent, it's not like an interview done in like 1998, 20 years prior
No one batted an eye and no one said anything to this?

All of these things are fucking awful.

I'm not taking it lightly or drowning out what happened to the dude
There has to be a due diligence at least

I mean this can become rumor mill, gossip trash that can be flamed up do to misinterpretation
Like I'm no Cher Stan or RHCP fan, but can we get the facts

I'll wait till either its confirmed to get riled up and posting fuck yous to Cher and being heated at her
I mean the dad can be vilified for his actions and what he made his son go through cause those are laid out

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017
Maybe the mods want to change the thread title and OP, given that this is two seperate stories being mixed up, and apparently Cher did not rape Anthony Kiedis?

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
If you read the interview

The question before and after, like it makes no sense

Hey I see your going out with this lady (sex life prior)
Yeah, she's something great, but for others no comment
Oh like that Cher thing you've spoken about
Yeah, I watched her naked and then she raped me
Cool, how are you feeling now your turning 50...

Like WTF?

The dude said Cher raped him and your next question is how's it feel to be old...
Like come on.

Unless there's audio or video proof of him saying it, that interviewer added the other story as old wives tale and mashed it together

Also this is 2012, so it's still recent, it's not like an interview done in like 1998, 20 years prior
No one batted an eye and no one said anything to this?

I'm not taking it lightly or drowning out what happened to the dude
There has to be a due diligence at least

I mean this can become rumor mill, gossip trash that can be flamed up do to misinterpretation
Like I'm no Cher Stan or RHCP fan, but can we get the facts

I'll wait till either its confirmed to get riled up and posting fuck yous to Cher and being heated at her
I mean the dad can be vilified for his actions and what he made his son go through cause those are laid out

There's a book he wrote called Scar Tissue. In the book he describes that Cher was his babysitter. She would sleep nude and one night he saw her taking her robe off. Cher was one of the few mother figures he had in his life.

Although, Kiedis had sex with his dad's 18 year GF when he was 12 because his dad wanted him to be the first kid to get laid

Status
Not open for further replies.