OP
OP

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I've asked the mods to threadmark and change the tittle.

Let's remain strong, ChileEra

Kodaman

Oct 27, 2017
This is consequence of decades of inequity ignored by left and right governments.

Sadly, 3 dead already confirmed.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of chileans in here should make your way to the chile era thread in the community section of off topic. We need more activity there.

I am scared to see the mess in the streets tomorrow.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is awful. Santiago and Chile seems like one of the chiller central and South American countries I've been too lately. I knew it had its problems, but still, this is worse than I thought it would be.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
It's almost 3 AM here.

I'm fucking tired. I can barely stay awake. I can't sleep because I'm anxious and nervous as fuck. I'm about to cry, probably.

There's an helicopter flying over our heads at this moment. Has been flying for the past hour. Comes and goes. Awful noise.

When you know what happened in our country decades ago, that noise doesn't give you any positive feeling at all.

And the helicopter keeps on flying.

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost 3 AM here.

I'm fucking tired. I can barely stay awake. I can't sleep because I'm anxious and nervous as fuck. I'm about to cry, probably.

There's an helicopter flying over our heads at this moment. Has been flying for the past hour. Comes and goes. Awful noise.

When you know what happened in our country decades ago, that noise doesn't give you any positive feeling at all.

Stay safe, brother.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile

thank you <3

fuck it. There's an image that just broke me. It's 2019 and many of us never thought we'd be alive to see images like this, that were commonplace between 1973 and 1990.

EHS7WVdX4AAV0JR

fuck fuck fuck fuck

EDIT: and it makes my blood boil to see the replies to the tweet containing this image justifying this shit or downplaying it, because "they were looters". Fuck that. Fuck that. They, the people at the top, did a number on us. We've been emptied, as a society, for decades. Indoctrinated that the right to property overrides any other consideration. Drained of empathy. It's every man for himself. And if somebody tries to take your property, you're justified in killing him. Fuck that.

Last edited:

emilioasis

Nov 1, 2017
I'm in Austin right now. I'll be back in Chile on monday. Please be safe. And go fuck yourself Piraña.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
A lot of chileans in here should make your way to the chile era thread in the community section of off topic. We need more activity there.

I am scared to see the mess in the streets tomorrow.

Yep, we can talk about more local stuff there and focusing the discussion on this thread.

Link :https://www.resetera.com/threads/chileera-ot-eramos-tan-weones.4168/

It's almost 3 AM here.

Man, I know what you mean.

The 1973-1990 PTSD is real for a lot of people. I'm trying to calm myself over this analyzing the context and whatnot, but I was born on 1993 so it's easier for me.

Those who lived it, fuck, they are afraid but keep fighting. I admire you.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When your politicians and commanding officers are telling you to turn your guns against the people, you should be turning your guns against the politicians and commanding officers.

And this is why I would never want to enlist in the military, nor would I be allowed to.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
thank you <3

fuck it. There's an image that just broke me. It's 2019 and many of us never thought we'd be alive to see images like this, that were commonplace between 1973 and 1990.

EHS7WVdX4AAV0JR

fuck fuck fuck fuck

EDIT: and it makes my blood boil to see the replies to the tweet containing this image justifying this shit or downplaying it, because "they were looters". Fuck that. Fuck that. They, the people at the top, did a number on us. We've been emptied, as a society, for decades. Indoctrinated that the right to property overrides any other consideration. Drained of empathy. It's every man for himself. And if somebody tries to take your property, you're justified in killing him. Fuck that.

Haiti, Ecuador, Chile, Lebanon, Barcelona - Neoliberal policies, injustice and corruption have taken their toll on people across the world. People are tired.

I'm reminded of this quote from Mark Fisher's Capitalist Realism whenever these large protests and riots flare up:

The long, dark night of the end of history has to be grasped as an enormous opportunity. The very oppressive pervasiveness of capitalist realism means that even glimmers of alternative political and economic possibilities can have a disproportionately great effect. The tiniest event can tear a hole in the grey curtain of reaction which has marked the horizons of possibility under capitalist realism. From a situation in which nothing can happen, suddenly anything is possible again.

Strength, love and hope to you and yours Altazor. Stay safe and keep fighting <3

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Dude, the country Is in total chaos.

Several deaths, Facebook Is restricting Pages that share news, even unbiased news

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell, dictatorship never left Chile... be safe everyone.

Hopefully this way of acting doesn't spill to other countries

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The military were beating a firefighter while a building burns...

It's weird, we are full of cops and military, but they aren't nowhere near all the Places that are being robbed or burned (big supermarkets, big brandy pharmacy, etc).

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus this is horrific. I can't see some of this stuff as I don't have a Facebook account. Good luck everyone stay safe :(

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The radio stations are the only good mass media left.

They too are enraged with the response of the goverment. There's 0 account for things that need to change, only "we are going to go with full force". They too find weird that the cops and military aren't stopping mass robbery even when there are thousands on the streets.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm waiting for having a ban on a Chilean player for ERA to care about the third world lol

Remember that Chile is a veeeery close US ally. Popular sharing of the news is the only way we have to have the world care about us.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
A Tweet from Valparaiso Mayor:

Military on the streets these nights on Valparaiso and the images speak for themselves. It's the clear image of the agony of a democracy that doesn't represent anyone more than themselves. The escalation of the violence and repression is COMPLETE responsibility of this authoritarian government

OP
OP

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for having a ban on a Chilean player for ERA to care about the third world lol

Remember that Chile is a veeeery close US ally. Popular sharing of the news is the only way we have to have the world care about us.
Lol, yeah. Liberals only care when a "communist (actually capitalist)" country is being a cunt. But when a Neo-liberal™©® country is being fascist, little do they care.

The revolution of our time has started, and it's not Hong Kong only.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Lol, yeah. Liberals only care when a "communist (actually capitalist)" country is being a cunt. But when a Neo-liberal™©® country is being fascist, little do they care.

The revolution of our time has started, and it's not Hong Kong only.

Good luck we are a lot of Chileans here, and if there is something we are known about, is not shutting up about it lol

Oct 27, 2017
London
Imagine being military personnel and doing the mental gymnastics necessary to shoot or beat the shit out of your compatriots in the name of neoliberalism and unrestrained capitalism. If I was in that position I would point my weapons towards the government.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
What can non-Chile people do to help?

Imagine being military personnel and doing the mental gymnastics necessary to shoot or beat the shit out of your compatriots in the name of neoliberalism and unrestrained capitalism. If I was in that position I would point my weapons towards the government.

This is the story of every revolution. Every time the chips are down, the cops and military side with the government. This is why people are inherently distrustful of them. Their purpose above all else is to defend the state.

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile

This is the story of every revolution. Every time the chips are down, the cops and military side with the government. This is why people are inherently distrustful of them. Their purpose above all else is to defend the state.
To be 100% fair, when the Ecuador protests happened, the military was mostly on the side of the protests, protecting people from the police (and in one memorable video, beating the shit out of some cops that tried to hit civilians)

OP
OP

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017

You can help by posting what's happening here. Use the Twitter accounts that have been posted in here. Spread awareness :D

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I generally stay away from political threads here on Era, but I just want to say that my thoughts are with the Chilean people right now. This is fucking disgusting behavior by your government, and their corporate allies. I hope this is the revolution needed to straighten things out and improve your quality of living.

The damn military should be turning their guns on their masters, and not the people who have suffered underneath them. Dogs.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the best way to help Chile from outside is sharing what's going on.

Piñera only cares about his image, so show everyone what's going on here.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I shared the footage of the tanks on FB, but it was taken down. Dunno if the og poster took it down or something else.

Additionally, it's frustrating trying to talk about this or raise awareness when the Chilean news is basically running a propaganda campaign for the govt.

Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones, Chile Era.

Edit: gonna find more to share. It's basically a timed social network battle rn. Is there any form of organized resources for getting the word out?

OP
OP

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Welp.... The curfew starts at 7pm now ..

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Christ... that's straight-up murder...edit: the news-story claiming the driver of the police car was hit with a rock and lost consiousness... the maneuver still looks to have been carried out with intent with the swerve just by the kid, but who knows...

Last edited:

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
We need a Chile Era Discord.

You can join us on the Etcetera Hangouts thread!!

Spread the word. As a close US ally, it's hard that this will get international attention. Share share share and you will help us.

I shared the footage of the tanks on FB, but it was taken down. Dunno if the og poster took it down or something else.

Additionally, it's frustrating trying to talk about this or raise awareness when the Chilean news is basically running a propaganda campaign for the govt.

Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones, Chile Era.

Edit: gonna find more to share. It's basically a timed social network battle rn. Is there any form of organized resources for getting the word out?

Some independent news pages have being taken down. There is a lot going on.