Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I can only be disappointed at this point, since I was hoping for that rumored full remake.

But I'll warm up to it eventually.

Mar 11, 2020
I can only be disappointed at this point, since I was hoping for that rumored full remake.

But I'll warm up to it eventually.
Not that i am complaining, but i'm shocked at Front Mission 1+2 getting full remakes and they look so good! Weird something like that was chosen for a full remake of Chrono Cross. I still think still images look good and i think something was def up with the trailer.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Nvidia:

worried-concerned.gif

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Nice to see Chrono Cross come to a modern platform. I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Xbox version is a nice surprise, too! :)

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1. I played through FF8 for the first time last year and the qol enhancements made up for any visual crust so I expect this to be the same.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
The music redone thing
Day 1. I played through FF8 for the first time last year and the qol enhancements made up for any visual crust so I expect this to be the same.
Did FF8 Remaster ever fix Renzokuken requiring you to time your slashes incorrectly to work?

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
This looks not good. I'll probably stick to emulation or playing on original hardware through a scaler.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At this point can we officially bar NatetheHate threads or rumors? Dude missed the mark on everything today lmao

Jota typeZERO

Nov 3, 2017
Spain
I feel really relieved, now that it is announced. Also the PC version is on Steam, so I'm dipping so hard on this. Having said that, the remastering works look quite shoddy. The soon-flourishing mod community will eat really good this time. My current doubts are about if it will be EFIGS localised or English only, so I don't have to play an emulated PSX version with the Spanish patch.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Chrono Cross fucking sucks but sticking Radical Dreamers in there is pretty fuckin' groovy.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy about this…

But I'm also sad about how it looks.
After Saga Frontier and Legend of Mana I expected the backgrounds to get similar treatment and it doesn't look like they did?
Plus the frame rate… like other said the game was unlocked on PS1 and this is not a shmup or whatever, why emulate the abyssal performance of the original??

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, if I can turn the battles off, that is a huge game-changer for me. The battle system in OG Chrono Cross stiiiiiinks.

I'm in.

Press Release

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the press release says you can switch to the original graphics, so the filter can be turned off

Here

Players can look forward to some exciting new features, such as:
  • 3D models converted to HD*
  • Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki
  • Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
  • Switch enemy encounters on or off
  • Background filter feature*
  • Battle enhancement features
  • Auto-battle function
  • French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
  • Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font*
  • The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West.
  • Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics
*The 3D models, illustrations, font and background filter cannot be toggled separately. They will all be switched together.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the inevitable "I don't understand the plot", "I'm 20 hours in what does this game have to do with CT?" threads

freikugeln

Oct 27, 2017
Don't wanna be that guy but c' mon, how can they not use the same AI tech they had on Saga Frontier and Legend of Mana backgrounds instead of super 2xSal. Thank god for the pc release at least, modding community to the rescue yet again.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So how did leveling work in Cross? If you can turn off enemy encounters was it all level scaling so you won't get stomped by the bosses? I don't remember

There is this star system where you gain stars when you defeat bosses and your characters get stronger. Enemy encounters give the chance of having very small star increases.

Square's been pretty good about putting out English releases out in Asia, though some of them like FFIX and FFVII only ever come out for Switch for whatever reason.

A lot of Asian countries have no official eshops, even if Nintendo has an official release channel in the country. So the physical copies are the only way to sell the games.

The backgrounds look really bad in this.... Especially after Saga Frontier and Legend of Mana.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
it would be super on-brand for square to omit analog controls and vibration from this remaster lol

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
There is this star system where you gain stars when you defeat bosses and your characters get stronger. Enemy encounters give the chance of having very small star increases.

A lot of Asian countries have no official eshops, even if Nintendo has an official release channel in the country. So the physical copies are the only way to sell the games.

The backgrounds look really bad in this.... Especially after Saga Frontier and Legend of Mana.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be tough to beat the quality of that original soundtrack. They were doing some wild shit with the PlayStation's sound chip.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
So it's just like the previous remasters like FF 8? Updated character models, same chunky battle framerates