Status
Not open for further replies.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Mental gymnastics sure is a fun sport to watch.
GBSuNLN.gif

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
All of the photos of him in the past few days from news stories have been really good at making him look like a dead-eyed psycho.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
IF IF, the brothers kept the magazines, thats not stupid, because if the cops have already pinned it on them, now they've presumably got piles of proof Jussie faked it. So really it was all riding on CPD never finding who did it.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
IF IF, the brothers kept the magazines, thats not stupid, because if the cops have already pinned it on them, now they've presumably got piles of proof Jussie faked it. So really it was all riding on CPD never finding who did it.
i do think the brothers will get let off easier for the cooperation. Maybe not get deported either.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting to weigh in on this one until the very end so that I can be the only one who didn't jump to conclusions.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I want to be clear is that above all I STILL don't doubt terrible shit happens to black and LGBT people. And still will.

That said, just imagine if he had chosen to "Fight Club' this whole thing and ram his own head into a brick or something. No one to pay off at all.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing is for certain, the two brothers will definitely get their 15 mins of fame, certainly worth more than the alleged $3500 that Jussie paid them.
It's gonna be hilarious if after all this attempt at trying to climb up the fame ranks, the brothers end up being really famous and Smollett drops off the face of the earth. The shit people do for fame...

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
His cooked sadly. And his also taken away a lot of goodwill and made some very powerful people look like fools

So for his own ego, his probably tanked his career and had blackballed himself.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
How long before Jussie checks himself into a mental health facility to provide an excuse for why he orchestrated an attack to raise his profile?

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
On one hand i feel kind of bad for the brothers, they were probably just trying to find work. Extras dont get paid much at all.

Now question, assuming everything is true, is what they did considered a crime?

Is what they allegedly did even illegal? Basically performative art if it's all true and they actually rehearsed this thing. Can "intent to deceive the public" be punished by law?

Yea that thought just crossed my mind.

Oct 2, 2018
On one hand i feel kind of bad for the brothers, they were probably just trying to find work. Extras dont get paid much at all.

Now question, assuming everything is true, is what they did considered a crime?

dunno about the criminality. But having all these law enforcement involved... they've wasted a lot of resources being involved in a scam. I say, they would be charged with something.

Oct 25, 2017

Jussie and his defense team still refusing to talk to police. Police saying they'll take it to a grand jury if he continues to refuse to be interviewed.

Well, I think this is par the course when you have a good lawyer. Police can twist anything you say against you so they always advise not talking to police unless absolutely necessary. If they have evidence as the sources have been saying, then they should have enough to arrest him.

Those would be two entirely different sources. It wouldn't be police sources saying his motive was getting fired from the show.

Was it ever even really "reported" that he did it because of getting fired, or was that just internet speculation?

That is not correct. It wasn't an internet rumor. That was the reason given by the 'sources' that specifically mentioned why they think he did this.

Officially the police had denied everything other than they need to talk to him again due to the interview from the brothers.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
dunno about the criminality. But having all these law enforcement involved... they've wasted a lot of resources being involved in a scam. I say, they would be charged with something.

Everything that all 3 of them did are crimes for sure. The thing that's really going to get them is sending that threatening letter (if they did).

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, don't get why people do this shit... now all over my FB feed with "liberal Oscar nominees" from conservatives..... ffs....

what goes through your head? Certainly not "this is going to give bigots so much fuel", or "this is going to make it that much more difficult for people experiencing racism and hate crimes", or... etc.

Fox needs to just drop him and we need to move on. Get him out of the spotlight.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So is the dude who's responsible for Empire still saying he believes him?
Deadline: Jussie Smollett Gets Renewed Support From 'Empire' Showrunner Over Attack

jussie-smollett-and-brett-mahoney-1.jpg

https://deadline.com/2019/02/jussie...tt-mahoney-chicago-police-fox-1202559396/amp/

The show runner of Empire still believes and supports Smollett.

This is an interesting development. Either we're about to experience another major twist in this story, or the show runner is going to feel a sense of betrayal few of us can ever imagine.
Sooo....

Wonder if he still stands by that. I doubt it.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yeah, don't get why people do this shit... now all over my FB feed with "liberal Oscar nominees" from conservatives..... ffs....

what goes through your head? Certainly not "this is going to give bigots so much fuel", or "this is going to make it that much more difficult for people experiencing racism and hate crimes", or... etc.

Fox needs to just drop him and we need to move on. Get him out of the spotlight.

A pathological need for attention.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Is what they allegedly did even illegal? Basically performative art if it's all true and they actually rehearsed this thing. Can "intent to deceive the public" be punished by law?
It sounds like they will get away from any charges from CPD and any charges against may be weak.

But mailing a threatening letter (if they did it and not Jussie or participated together), then they are fucked by the feds probably.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Is it time to go full Alex Jones and spread the word that Jussie Smollett is a false flag crisis actor hired to weaken the progressive agenda? nah, conspiracy theorists brains are pudding, but they still need to have the theory support their default worldview to bite.
They were born and raised in Chicago.
These days, you never know who they'll try to deport

Status
Not open for further replies.