Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
New Superman line stuff looks fun. I'm praying that we get a Jon/Yara team up book with Watters not too far down the line as well.

Also looks like a new Batbook (shock) might be getting announced today too. Batgirls please. ...hopefully not by Ayala.

Sinister War tease was good, I'm really excited to see how Ock's own deal with Mephisto plays into Spencer's plan. Maybe some catharsis for all the people that hated that ending.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
New Superman line stuff looks fun. I'm praying that we get a Jon/Yara team up book with Watters not too far down the line as well.

Also looks like a new Batbook (shock) might be getting announced today too. Batgirls please. ...hopefully not by Ayala.

Sinister War tease was good, I'm really excited to see how Ock's own deal with Mephisto plays into Spencer's plan. Maybe some catharsis for all the people that hated that ending.

What if its a book about Bruce Wayne? Batman?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Goodwill having to censor these covers with post it notes cracked me up.

SCTDSTI.jpg

nl5eTlC.jpg

"Janet, bring me the notes. They brought more of those pervert cartoons"

So that's where Freeza got his handle.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
ASM #64

Hey, Doc Ock is back! That's cool. Dunno what this Sinister War thing is but it sounds fun.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Are my faves finally back together 😭😭😭 please

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say Pixie making up fake lingo to try to fit in hurts my soul. Nightcrawler please save this girl from her degenerate peers.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I like the aged up Jon. These new titles sound like fun. Loved the outfit for Clark in the Authority and the new Supergirl series looks like it could be good. I mean it's not like Jon will be wearing the big boy boots for long. They'll do a story about when Clark is supposed to die and then he'll survive and get a new pic of him looking impressive next to the daily planet.

I just really hope they keep his secret identity public. Like him getting married I feel it's added a lot to the character. It's also removed a load of tropes that everyone was sick of (Like making excuses to get away to save someone). I love the dynamic the public identity has caused. It'll be sad if someone comes along and decides sales will be better if everyone forgets.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kind of in the same boat on the "aging Jon up" situation. I don't think it was a good choice and I think there was a lot of potential, but at the same time this is perfectly fine and the two key points of: 1) being Clark's son and being able to be mentored by him, and 2) be besties with Damian haven't changed. He's just now in a different age bracket so the dynamic's different. Damian can't be the "genius adult" in the relationship like Tomasi loved writing him as, and Clark's not going to need to train him to stop vaporizing the family cat.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of in the same boat on the "aging Jon up" situation. I don't think it was a good choice and I think there was a lot of potential, but at the same time this is perfectly fine and the two key points of: 1) being Clark's son and being able to be mentored by him, and 2) be besties with Damian haven't changed. He's just now in a different age bracket so the dynamic's different. Damian can't be the "genius adult" in the relationship like Tomasi loved writing him as, and Clark's not going to need to train him to stop vaporizing the family cat.
Clark isn't around now though because he's doing Morrison stuff. This is going to be a story about Jon becoming the main Superman

Also, Jon and Damian being friends is weird now and doesn't work imo, especially now that he's Superman.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Clark isn't around now though because he's doing Morrison stuff.

Also, Jon and Damian being friends is weird now and doesn't work imo
Clark not being around in universe right now isn't really counterpoint. Like that's what he's doing now, it doesn't mean it can't happen at some point. Jon and Damian being friends still works. In fact it works better because now they're both actually teenagers. Jon is 17 now? Damian is 14. Makes more sense than Jon being a 10 and Damian being 14. Especially when Jon is kept from joining the Teen Titans twice for being too young (well Damian kept him from the second squad because he didn't want him to be a part of all the fucked up stuff they were doing).

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
literally pkj's first story in action and superman is like "damn.... sometimes your kids get grown up.... it's weird to be a dad....."

I mean. Most stories with the kid of a superhero are gonna focus on what it's like to be a parent. It's either that or the rebellious kid route, which sucks. Jon was a kid for...what, two or three years? If you have to age him that quickly you shouldn't have introduced him in the first place. But they didn't need to, Bendis just wanted him to be a teenager.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
finished Immortal Hulk (or rather, caught up to it on MU, which is issue #42). overall it's amazing and I would be shocked if it didnt end up being one of the best runs of a comic ever, it's certainly already one of my favorites ever and it would have to REALLY shit the bed in the last 8 issues (well you guys have read...3 more is it compared to whats on MU?) so you can tell me, but yeah, its really something special.

and because for whatever I couldnt sleep tonight, I went ahead and read Vision 1-12 (seems back in the day I hadnt read as much as I thought, or I just have shit memory because most of it felt new) and yeah, it's even better than I remembered, or expected. It's also very sad, which made me sad, I don't like being sad fam. But much like Immortal Hulk, one of my favorite runs ever. Ironically, much like Immortal Hulk (and also Hickman's Fantastic Four for example), some of my favorite runs end up being with characters I usually wouldnt give a fuck about, which is a bit weird.

Now I'm back to the X-Men stuff again :)

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I mean. Most stories with the kid of a superhero are gonna focus on what it's like to be a parent. It's either that or the rebellious kid route, which sucks. Jon was a kid for...what, two or three years? If you have to age him that quickly you shouldn't have introduced him in the first place. But they didn't need to, Bendis just wanted him to be a teenager.
In fairness, it was so that he could do Legion of Superheroes

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that Immortal Hulk is ruined by its artist being a hateful bigot.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
finished Immortal Hulk (or rather, caught up to it on MU, which is issue #42). overall it's amazing and I would be shocked if it didnt end up being one of the best runs of a comic ever, it's certainly already one of my favorites ever and it would have to REALLY shit the bed in the last 8 issues (well you guys have read...3 more is it compared to whats on MU?) so you can tell me, but yeah, its really something special.

and because for whatever I couldnt sleep tonight, I went ahead and read Vision 1-12 (seems back in the day I hadnt read as much as I thought, or I just have shit memory because most of it felt new) and yeah, it's even better than I remembered, or expected. It's also very sad, which made me sad, I don't like being sad fam. But much like Immortal Hulk, one of my favorite runs ever. Ironically, much like Immortal Hulk (and also Hickman's Fantastic Four for example), some of my favorite runs end up being with characters I usually wouldnt give a fuck about, which is a bit weird.

Now I'm back to the X-Men stuff again :)
glad you enjoyed IH so much, rhaknar! and oh man, sorry you went to bed thinking about vision. that's a heartbreaker.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like IST brought back the deals of the week?

unknown.png

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow McKelvie is writing and drawing Captain Marvel #30

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Juan Ferreyra would have been a good pick if Marvel wanted to replace Bennett instead they decided to be spineless

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like IST brought back the deals of the week?

unknown.png

I've always been tempted to grab that Marvel Classics book, but even at 55% off that's a pretty steep price for the material. Ditto with the Horror Lives Again book, very tempting but the characters don't grab me like the original Horror omnibus that I foolishly passed on.

I think it's pretty obvious these are books that wouldn't move at the usual price, but good sign they're marking stuff down at all. Hopefully an indication things are clearing up? Maybe? Fingers crossed?

Status
Not open for further replies.