Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Kelly Thompson needs to stop giving Carol these dope as fuck outfits that I know are never going to stick.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Goodwill having to censor these covers with post it notes cracked me up.

SCTDSTI.jpg

nl5eTlC.jpg

"Janet, bring me the notes. They brought more of those pervert cartoons"

You purchased that much Freezing? Why?

Also, GL won the poll? Huh?

And if Taylor's on Superman, what about the other guy?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I'm going to take y'all's word that Excalibur is pretty good now and hope that translates to this book as well.

Its... Ok. The book is definitely not living up to its potential. A lot of the air went out of it after Apocalypse left the cast and it became almost entirely about Betsy having an identity crisis

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I've always been tempted to grab that Marvel Classics book, but even at 55% off that's a pretty steep price for the material. Ditto with the Horror Lives Again book, very tempting but the characters don't grab me like the original Horror omnibus that I foolishly passed on.

I think it's pretty obvious these are books that wouldn't move at the usual price, but good sign they're marking stuff down at all. Hopefully an indication things are clearing up? Maybe? Fingers crossed?

Yea I too am intrigued by Marvel Classics but even at that price it's still not quite there yet for me.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
A Marguerite Bennett creator owned book thats not at aftershock? Glad she's still writing.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Kyle beating Zatanna
eventbrite.jpg

Kyle vs the collective might of the Bat-family:
Rocky-ii-knocked-down.jpg

The Green Lantern book on the poll is the Kyle and Kilowog book, right?
Yeah.

This really seems more like an Emilia Clarke project that will be turned into a movie or show relatively soon. How did I not know this was happening?
It worked for Keanu.

deadline.com

Keanu Reeves To Star In ‘BRZRKR’ Film & Anime Series At Netflix Based On His Comic Books

Netflix has secured the rights to BRZRKR, the BOOM! Studios-published comic book created by Keanu Reeves. Reeves will produce and star in the screen adaptations which will start with the story getting the feature treatment followed by an anime spinoff series. BRZRKR, based on an original idea by...

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Kyle beating Zatanna
eventbrite.jpg

Kyle vs the collective might of the Bat-family:
Rocky-ii-knocked-down.jpg

Yeah.

It worked for Keanu.

deadline.com

Keanu Reeves To Star In ‘BRZRKR’ Film & Anime Series At Netflix Based On His Comic Books

Netflix has secured the rights to BRZRKR, the BOOM! Studios-published comic book created by Keanu Reeves. Reeves will produce and star in the screen adaptations which will start with the story getting the feature treatment followed by an anime spinoff series. BRZRKR, based on an original idea by...

Yeah that blows but Robins was always gonna win this thing. I'm fine with it, 'cause I do like Robins so at least I'd be getting a book I wanted to read. I can't say the same about some of the other pitches. If Suicide Squad wins this whole thing would be a waste of my time lol.

Also, a friend of mine on Twitter made a great point. It's quite likely these pitches weren't sent in, and were more likely requested from the editors.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Way of X was good comics. They're finally starting to ask why they aren't bringing back any precogs, and I'm glad they're finally going to explore that.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus DC announce a Batman book, no one cares about this crap.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
The Jon Kent debate reminds of something. Y'know, dramatic controversial character change that editorial refuses to undo. Can't quite put a name on it though.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are being mean. Dan Jurgens is a hot new writer with his finger on the pulse of modern pop culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.