Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Oh lol...

I really hope we're talking about minis here and not any sort of ongoing projects. Claremont has written more than enough X-Men and Byrne is a piece of shit, so he need not even apply.
Does he still have that contract with Marvel where he gets paid to not jump ship? Because otherwise I don't get why they keep giving him books.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
DC has really done something special with their Hanna Barbera crossovers.

Between those and the Flintstones the number of great, not just good or passable, but straight out great comics based on Hanna Barbera characters is ridiculous. When they first announced all of the series I assumed they'd all be trash tier. Many have been a very pleasant surprise and they put Mark Russell on my radar. I'm anxious to read more from him in the future.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Between those and the Flintstones the number of great, not just good or passable, but straight out great comics based on Hanna Barbera characters is ridiculous. When they first announced all of the series I assumed they'd all be trash tier. Many have been a very pleasant surprise and they put Mark Russell on my radar. I'm anxious to read more from him in the future.
What would you want him on next? Let's say its a mini(6 or 12 issues)

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 90% sure Extermination is just a crash course on turning young Cyclops into old Cyclops personality-wise.
giphy.gif

That's the kind of content I'm here for.

Damn. So if Miles has a book, they have to have someone else on it.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Does Russel even want to touch mainstream cape stuff? Because otherwise I'm shocked DC hasn't brought him up to the big leagues.

giphy.gif

That's the kind of content I'm here for.

Damn. So if Miles has a book, they have to have someone else on it.
No way are you touching a Spiderbook for an extended period of time without being an exclusive.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Something where he could look at big-scale societal issues, so I wouldn't mind seeing him on LOSH or even a Booster Gold time traveling comic.

Does Russel even want to touch mainstream cape stuff? Because otherwise I'm shocked DC hasn't brought him up to the big leagues.

He's had side stories in a few of the Superman specials, so it seems like he's starting to dabble in those waters.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Young Cyclops is gonna be on some meta shit and ask why the X-Men have seemingly accomplished nothing over the years.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Extermination was straight up good this week. The art is killer, man.

I think Old Hank slipped Young Hank something. Maybe something to ward off Ahab?

Glad it's only a two week wait again for #3.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, usually the splash screen when you load up MU is related to whatever MCU movie has recently released. It was Wakanda and then Thanos with the infinity gauntlet for a long while and it never did change to ant man. But today it changed to fantastic 4.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
If eXtermination doesn't result in the deaths of Shark Girl, Eye Boy, Glob Herman and Goldballs I will be mildly annoyed.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Did some reading and catching up today.

From this week:

Moon Knight was awesome. I feel like this series has really hit its stride after a strange and rocky start.
Power Rangers Shattered Grid #1 was good, but
I feel a bit let down by the whole conclusion. I liked that the Rangers knew they had to make the right choice as heros and all, but the direction this took overall felt like a rehash of Hickman's Secret Wars.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Read the prologue and first issue of Snagglepuss. It seems like a bit of a slow burn, but I'm enjoying it. I'm really fascinated by the whole idea of it though. I loved how Brubaker used this setting for The Fade Out as well.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
HOT CLAWS BABYYYYYY

I love how Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends isn't actually about the dead ends but about putting all the pieces together.

The minis were still a mess but the payoff is good now suddenly

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
It's still good but man FF #1 already being out really deflates 2-in-1. Like here's this reveal at the end of #9 but it's pretty clearly either
not their universe's Sue or they get their memories wiped.
...or of course it just ends up being a continuity error that gets ignored because of how Slott wanted to write his first issue. Regardless of quality it feels like this whole thing kinda got botched because Marvel just had to hit that anniversary date for FF #1 or that any plans to reunite them in 2-in-1 got trashed because of what Slott wanted to do.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
He extended his contract a little while ago.

He's locked in four years, right? That seems smart. You stay too long and editorial gets lax. Anymore than that and they'll have him writing the spiritual successor to AXIS. He should put himself in a position where he's worth competing for when the time comes to re-up.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It's still good but man FF #1 already being out really deflates 2-in-1. Like here's this reveal at the end of #9 but it's pretty clearly either
not their universe's Sue or they get their memories wiped.
...or of course it just ends up being a continuity error that gets ignored because of how Slott wanted to write his first issue. Regardless of quality it feels like this whole thing kinda got botched because Marvel just had to hit that anniversary date for FF #1 or that any plans to reunite them in 2-in-1 got trashed because of what Slott wanted to do.

Think that was supposed to be Ultimate Sue, but That could be wrong.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I'm 90% sure Extermination is just a crash course on turning young Cyclops into old Cyclops personality-wise. Wouldn't shock me if he somehow sticks around and old Cyclops stays dead.

Also Jessica Jones is still good. But de Luis cannot draw action scenes at all even if everything else is good.
Neither could Gaydos.

I'm all caught up with Red Hood and the Outlaws now. At least with the trades. Rebirth is definitely a step up from Red Hood/Arsenal but so far I prefer New52 Outlaws.
I do like Artimas and Bizarro but it feels like they are downplaying Jason's friendship with Roy and to a lesser extent, Starfire. Just because Jason knew Roy from before his death, these guys are his first real friends? I don't buy that.
And one more thing I'm confused by. The last issue of volume 3 was a stand alone with Dick showing up.
Bizarro was back to being dim Bizarro. Was that him acting or did I miss something.
I know most of this seems like I'm down on Rebirth Outlaws and I'm definitely not. I will continue to read the trades (as I don't do single issues) because it overall has been very good.
Doesn't it say in the Annual that it takes place pre-smart Bizarro? Before the Artemis arc? Because if not, that's when it would have to take place.
I think it's less Dani and more The new Mutants as a whole.

Outside of Illyana, who got a hell of a renaissance during 08 - now. They've as a whole been left in the dust. Cannonball and Sunspot were just lucky as fuck that Hickman wanted them otherwise they'd be as MIA as magma, wolfsbane, karma, warlock, cypher were all basically ghost.
Hey now

Cypher was in Hunt For Wolverine: Weapon Lost as part of that team.

Sunspot, Cannonball, and Warlock were in Ewing's New Avengers and the first two were in U.S.Avengers.
They call me "evil" today, but future generations will understand.
Nah those are the future of the X-Men. Fall back.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I read a lot of manga today. What a time to be alive.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The fact that you can only name that comic for Cypher says a lot.

And I said Cannonball and Sunspot were fucking lucky.

You think they'd have been anywhere if not for that Hickman run?

Status
Not open for further replies.