• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the next X-Men writer?

• Kelly Thompson

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Jonathan Hickman

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Donny Cates

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Brian Michael Bendis

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Al Ewing

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
the logic at play for these people across all mediums is less to do with the content and more to do with the people behind it. ex. a strong female character in the past was totally cool because there was no agenda, but a modern strong female character is because there is an agenda. I am not making this up.

"Your replacing our favorite characters with SJW replacements!!"
"Like when Rhodey took over for Tony Stark before he became War Machine? Like that?"
"We just don't want the originals replaced!"
"Man you must hate Barry Allen and Hal Jordan, the second people to be Flash and Green Lantern then."

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that they want to be professional but the only proper response to these people should be "fuck off" because they'll never be satisfied and aren't worth engaging with.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Freezasaurus I read Scarlet. I'm not a fan of the time skip. Otherwise it was a fine if unremarkable return. The time skip felt unnecessary. Also if thru have no power how did Scarlet watch a movie on her ipad.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
East of West volume 8:
The mad lads actually killed John. All the Chosen are going down now.

I had heard someone say that it was supposed to only be 40 issues, is that still the plan?

Oct 25, 2017
Runaways #12 - This book is too good. Teen superhero comics at their finest. I honestly think it's as good as the Vaughn run at this point.

I feel like Gert/Victor has been teased a bit, so I wasn't that surprised by their hooking up, even with the weirdness of him being a HEAD. But it was cute, and making the whole Vision thing explicit was great. They've handled his PTSD about that whole situation really well.

The Nico/Karolina stuff feels... a bit too easy for me. I guess if you've been shipping them all this time, it's long overdue, but I've never been a huge fan of them as a couple and moving Julie out of the way for the friends with UST doesn't quite sit with me. I'm sure there will be more drama about the whole situation though so I'm sure this isn't a happily ever after type thing.

Like, for example: ALEX IS BACK. SHIT. I honestly didn't think she'd pull the trigger on him so soon, even if the solicits have teased a villain returning. No idea where this is going.

And I really loved that first page, where it's sort of Anka-after-Miyazawa for style in the flashback. Very cool. Rowell's writing was really, really YA there, too, and I like it. "Life doesn't keep opening doors for idiots who slam them shut without thinking."

Agreed with all your spoilers. Anka doing Myazawa was fun to see (that spiky hair!) and the rest of the issue was beautiful as well. Good book is good.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Freezasaurus I read Scarlet. I'm not a fan of the time skip. Otherwise it was a fine if unremarkable return. The time skip felt unnecessary. Also if thru have no power how did Scarlet watch a movie on her ipad.

770.gif

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Spiderman on PS4 should have a multiplayer mode called Spider-Verse. Pick between the Spider-Man of a bunch of different universes and either fight each other, or do co-op stories.

Man I think of some good ideas sometimes.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I just read Dead Ends and Soule makes some pretty good villains(though a lot of people hate Tenfingers).

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Watched avengers infinity war again, still like it. I'd have fixed the Thor/Peter Dinklage part though that segment was super random. Braun Strowman should have gotten that role just so he could say " look what he did to THESE HANDS"

But really that whole thing needed to be rethought.

Last edited:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
lol what is this from
https://gumroad.com/l/thatboxwesiton

Here's a fun question to ask a comicsgater:

"Is it possible to have a story with a transperson that ISN'T "political" to them?"
If it's written by a white dude and the character never says they're trans or does any kind of allusion to it

speakin of transphobia, has anyone here actually READ Ve'Nam #1?
Wait what

East of West volume 8:
The mad lads actually killed John. All the Chosen are going down now.

I had heard someone say that it was supposed to only be 40 issues, is that still the plan?
Around 45-48 is the current plan I think

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
This new Jessica Jones series has been great so far, even better than the last one. And the last one was really good. Elsa Bloodstone is a ******* riot.

Serpentine

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that they want to be professional but the only proper response to these people should be "fuck off" because they'll never be satisfied and aren't worth engaging with.
Saw a take from some goober who i guess writes for Aspen (lol) that said "I worked in service for years before i was a writer and i still believe the customer is always right!" and I was so done
thanks!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
VanWinkle, do you still read Hillbilly? New issue dropped this week (I guess he's doing minis now), and it's in color. It looks good, of course, but it's kind of strange because this is a different aesthetic than the book initially had. Powell only seems to be writing now, and he got himself an honest to goodness art team.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Man the art in Extermination is so good. Larraz is definitely my new Immonen, at least with this colorist. And I love that it's just as much a Cable story, as it is one about the 05 X-Men.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Man the art in Extermination is so good. Larraz is definitely my new Immonen, at least with this colorist. And I love that it's just as much a Cable story, as it is one about the 05 X-Men.

That colorist just killed it. Excellent work.

2500 comics is a drop in the bucket. That list needs to expand over time.

Hopefully the cap will get bigger, but it's meant to be a Netflix style rotation rather than a library that just grows and grows like MU.

Status
Not open for further replies.