• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Xavier the Maker?

• Yes

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 69 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still dont see how this game is going to work as a GAAS style game without it feeling tacked on. This would have been just fine as a Spider-man PS4 type game, with coop.
From what they've said it sorta is that? The SP is linear stuff like this and all the GAAS takes place in open world zones that have their own storyline.

It's a weird way of doing it, kinda feels like even if they're successful they'll end up with two different playerbases.

Also I really hate that we use "GAAS" as a replacement for "Online ARPG"

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt coin the term lol, but yea I get what you mean.

I guess that makes sense, just feels like if your going to do it you do it all the way or not at all. As someone who really enjoys those types of games I was looking forward to having an Avengers "Online ARPG". But this just seems like them checking off boxes of popular game types.

Still hopeful its more expansive than Im currently expecting.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Wait, is this the real footage? *clicks* Oh wow.

I realize ERA hates this game but I'm more excited now than I was when it was announced. So long as they deliver on making it feel like a version of the Marvel Universe I want to explore, I'm probably all in and this is easily my most anticipated game of next year.
Just watched. I thought I was done with douchebag Iron Man after Endgame. Ugh. The beginning looked super dull, but the Cap combat actually looked fun! Also, did y'all see Kamala??

I'll keep an open mind. Not super hopeful, just because I thought Tomb Raider reboot was pretty generic AAA. They need to be more inventive.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
DC/the higher ups just weren't a fan of King's run and want someone different putting out Batman stories they can make more money off of.

I think Tom Taylor is possibility. Lemire is done with big 2 work after his current DC book and is trying to become the new Millar.
Nah Taylor said on Twitter he isn't on Batman next. He does have another DC project coming though, and I'm betting it's Green Arrow.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Missed all of the Cates/King/Knull discourse because I've been reading The Ultimates

it sucked

Deleted member 59

What's the best resource for comic book news, announcements, solicitations etc? I'm relatively new to the comic book game, been buying some stuff digitally via Comixoligy, just wanna see what new and interesting series that are coming the i might like.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This was originally solicited for October, yeah? Pretty cool. Beyond the fact that it only makes me pine for the return of Saga all the more.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"This obviously means Saga is coming back soon" he says for the third or fourth time this year.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
This was originally solicited for October, yeah? Pretty cool. Beyond the fact that it only makes me pine for the return of Saga all the more.

I don't know when it was originally solicited for, but it's been listed to release this week on most lists, including Diamond's, for some time now. So I don't think I'd exactly call it a surprise.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know when it was originally solicited for, but it's been listed to release this week on most lists, including Diamond's, for some time now. So I don't think I'd exactly call it a surprise.
its like you just walked into a surprise party and shit on the floor, freeza.

DapperGoop

Jan 14, 2018
That Avengers game looks ok, the designs and general look of it are so bland though. Wish they would embrace the design from the comics and give me Taskmasters big dumb skull mask.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
to be honest...I had no emotional reaction at all to the ending of Saga #54. I think, like Game of Thrones, so many characters have been killed off by this point that it has deadened my sensitivity to feeling saddened by any new deaths.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
It's up right now lol

I see some of your stuff has made it to IST this week.

toWDugV.png

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is a really interesting video from Near Mint detailing Marvel's Select hardcover line of books. I won't necessarily be buying them myself, but I'll definitely be using them as recommendations for newer comic book readers, or as birthday presents.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
InStockTrades Deals of the Week and featured Latest Releases for August 20 (8/20/2019). Anyone picking upthat Grayson omnibus? Think I've got my eye on the next Grand Design, maybe the Fantastic Four Epic, too.

wkKjIqU.jpg

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Ultimate Ultimates, or the more recent reboot with Rocafort on art?

Ultimate Ultimates.

But hey atleast I got to see:

- Hank Pym beating the shit out of his wife
- Everyone horny for Tony Stark for no reason, including Black Widow?
- Captain America being a weird asshole
- Hawkeye being a douche
- Hulk only being mad about being cucked?
- Thor............. you know what lets not talk about that one

fucking terrible. Sincerely one of the most abhorrent things I've ever read

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: as long as we get more animated Spider-Verse-esque films I really don't care what Song chooses to do with Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.