• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favourite comics publisher?

• Marvel

• DC

• Shonen Jump (best boy Bakugo)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I would actually love to hear Azzarello's side of the story. I mean from his pov it probably seems like DC totally screwed him over with this book.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I would actually love to hear Azzarello's side of the story. I mean from his pov it probably seems like DC totally screwed him over with this book.
They did. Black Label promised writers they could do stuff they can't with the main line. Then when Azz actually tested that promise, the Puritans in charge freaked out. The controversy didn't hurt sales, Issues 1 and 2 were both 100k sellers iirc.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You know how Tom King draws those faces on Batman during cons? Azzarello should start drawing Batdongs.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They did. Black Label promised writers they could do stuff they can't with the main line. Then when Azz actually tested that promise, the Puritans in charge freaked out. The controversy didn't hurt sales, Issues 1 and 2 were both 100k sellers iirc.
Oh yea, I totally agree. I wonder if he has any resentment though. Also, Issue 2 actually sold more than issue 1 lol.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I really cant decide if I should get the EA Origin Access to play Anthem early, or just wait and buy it on PS4. I could play it for an entire month for just 15$, or pay $60 and maybe play it more. Just not sure how much time im going to end up putting into this game.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
warofrealmsfdkelf2019001.jpg
warofrealmsfwaven2019001.jpg
warofrealmsfgiant2019001.jpg

https://www.marvel.com/articles/com...verse-with-strikeforce-issues?linkId=63619104

So I guess these's characters aren't having their solos tie in.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Love that Land of the Giants line up.

Also, I hope Deodato is doing his best work on Savage Avengers. I cant stop thinking about how good that roster is. Only thing I think its missing is someone like Deadpool to channel Duggan's comedic side.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Punisher and Venom do have tie ins. So this will be the reclaim side of the event.
I forgot about those lol.

Love that Land of the Giants line up.

Also, I hope Deodato is doing his best work on Savage Avengers. I cant stop thinking about how good that roster is. Only thing I think its missing is someone like Deadpool to channel Duggan's comedic side.
Duggan chose the team, so he probably just didn't want Deadpool. His last Avengers run had a big focus on him.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Duggan chose the team, so he probably just didn't want Deadpool. His last Avengers run had a big focus on him.
Yea I know. I just would like to see someone like Deadpool join the team down the road, to add some comedic relief. Doesnt have to be Deadpool, Duggan's already written him plenty. Could be Rocket or someone else.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, there was a new issue of Bandette on Comixology this week.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Getting really interested in Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. Thought it would just be more of a DMC game, but it looks like its going to be just as big, if not bigger than Bloodborne.

Read an interview where Miyazaki said Blade of the Immortal was a big inspiration and it got me interested in picking up some of the books. Looks like the Vol. 3 omni is down to only 3rd party sellers on Amazon though so im worried its going to go out of print soon :(
Someone has the first 3 omnis on ebay for $37 BIN, and I made an offer for $30 lol.

Last edited:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Getting really interested in Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. Thought it would just be more of a DMC game, but it looks like its going to be just as big, if not bigger than Bloodborne.
It's gonna be REAL GOOD!
Read an interview where Miyazaki said Blade of the Immortal was a big inspiration and it got me interested in picking up some of the books. Looks like the Vol. 3 omni is down to only 3rd party sellers on Amazon though so im worried its going to go out of print soon :(
Someone has the first 3 omnis on ebay for $37 BIN, and I made an offer for $30 lol.
This isn't a huge surprise considering the influence Berserk had on the previous 2. Hope you can hunt it all down.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I've never read it. Its probably really nice. A nice Shonen Jump publisher book.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Schierke is adorable. But I wanna know the over/under on Messi dropping it before he gets to the rape horse or the Baphomet orgy.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I have been reading Goodnight Pun Pun. I don't want to talk about it yet (ive only read Vol 1 and a bit of Vol 2).

But.

If they hurt Aiko I will burn this place to the ground. BURN IT. I never want to see her crying again.

--

Also read the last 4 issues of X-Men Red last night. Good shit.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I have been reading Goodnight Pun Pun. I don't want to talk about it yet (ive only read Vol 1 and a bit of Vol 2).

But.

If they hurt Aiko I will burn this place to the ground. BURN IT. I never want to see her crying again.
You can't help but fall in love with Aiko, she's the best.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I would've rather seen someone like Moon Knight on Savage Avengers. Punisher seems like such a low hanging fruit type of pull and I have an issue with Punisher being an Avenger.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Finished the Hellboy Omni 2. It was very good and made me interested in Lobster Johnson, but man, sometimes Mignola's action scenes are hard to understand. I had to read The Island almost 3 times to get what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.