Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Bakugo is the best character in MHA I don't give af.
Isn't he?
Hickmaaaaaannnnnn

ew.com

Jonathan Hickman and Bryan Hitch are teaming up for a new Ultimate Marvel comic

First details of 'Ultimate Invasion,' a new Marvel comic from Jonathan Hickman and Bryan Hitch, reveal the new comic is set to heavily feature characters like The Maker and Miles Morales.
I have such a soft spot for Ultimate Marvel, this is legit exciting. Hope Ultimate Pete shows up

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Did Bendis ever confirm if that was really Peter who came back or a clone of him? That was such a major thread that was just dropped.
It's implied to be him and that the accident that made he and Osborn made them somewhat immortal. We never find out who took him out of his grave, or what happened to him and MJ after he left but before Secret Wars

I really hope we get a comic about it one day

With the Ultimate Universe destroyed/reborn and Miles taken out, the question is also raised as to what changed. Did Peter still die and come back? We see him leading The Ultimates in Spider-Men 2

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's implied to be him and that the accident that made he and Osborn made them somewhat immortal. We never find out who took him out of his grave, or what happened to him and MJ after he left but before Secret Wars

I really hope we get a comic about it one day

Bendis never did follow-up on the "MJ may still have the Oz formula in her system" plot that he teased.

(He didn't follow-up on quite a few things he teased.)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I get the sense Bendis wanted to close up USM's loose ends before he left. It's telling the last time we see his Peter is him leading The Ultimates and by all accounts achieving the happy ending

As I edited in, Bendis didn't follow-up on quite a few things. I'd need a list of all the seemingly dropped plot points from throughout Ultimate Spider-Man's history. I'm sure I've forgotten quite a few of them.

May 24, 2019
Marvel ignored almost all of the stuff Bendo set up for the future when he left. Speaking of Ultimate Universe, he rebooted that at the end of Spider-men 2 and I betcha a billion bux the new thing has nothing to do with it.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
As I edited in, Bendis didn't follow-up on quite a few things. I'd need a list of all the seemingly dropped plot points from throughout Ultimate Spider-Man's history. I'm sure I've forgotten quite a few of them.
Gotcha
Marvel ignored almost all of the stuff Bendo set up for the future when he left. Speaking of Ultimate Universe, he rebooted that at the end of Spider-men 2 and I betcha a billion bux the new thing has nothing to do with it.
There's a great comic that explores the switch from the old ultimate universe to the new one that will probably never get made. But I'm hoping that's actually what Hickman focuses on.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

View: https://twitter.com/Freezasaurus/status/1628306899547435010

snl-bill-hader.gif

Shun!!!!!!!!!!

AmigoTaco

Oct 27, 2017
Hickmaaaaaannnnnn

ew.com

Jonathan Hickman and Bryan Hitch are teaming up for a new Ultimate Marvel comic

First details of 'Ultimate Invasion,' a new Marvel comic from Jonathan Hickman and Bryan Hitch, reveal the new comic is set to heavily feature characters like The Maker and Miles Morales.

This is different from the cosmic stuff they have been teasing for a while right? so we get 2 new Hickman Marvel projects this year? Yes please and thank you!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Peter's dumb "I think of MJ as a sister" line blew up on the internet.

Probably the biggest reaction a comic has had outside of our little circle in a long time.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Let's not torture Messi. There's a separate thread to discuss the latest Spidey issue.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If the March 2023 thread title isn't a Spider-Man incest joke what are we doing with our lives?

Feb 16, 2022
Id be even more excited if someone other than Hitch was doing the art lol. He was great in the original Ultimates, but now it just looks outdated to me.

Are there two teams here? Like the actual Ultimates on the left and then the Maker's illuminati on the right?

No, that's just the Maker and the Illuminati bursting out of an image of the original Ultimates lineup. It's pretty telling that you can't really tell if the Ultimates image on the left is a new or old piece since Hitch just doesn't change his style at all.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea maybe hell switch to just covers after the first arc or so. Not really feeling present day Hitch. Hes gone from gritty to everyone being super round and slippery.

This cant be the project he was hyping up as Marvels Sandman a few months ago. Wonder if thats dead or if Hickman has two projects atm.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
That new Superman book is A-mazing.

Making Lois the Editor in Chief at the Daily Planet is a brilliant move.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Why did no one tell me yesterday was Saga day? It seems things are back to normal on Google Play, as the issue was already there this time.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I think not liking a cover is fine but asking "are you proud of your work" might be a step too far.
Yeah, that was pretty shitty and I do feel bad about it. They should be proud of their work.

I read about Peter saying he loves MJ like a sister ... this is really fucking annoying. I still think Peter and MJ should be married and that there's no reason the character as a married man cannot work but if they insist on them not being together at least stop shitting on their relationship like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.