• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It sometimes seems like the publishers are more concerned with keeping LCS owners happy than trying to actually do anything smart to grow the industry.
When DC tried the Walmart Superman and Batman books (both great) the LCS owners had a fit. I think they also didn't like the young reader books by DC either. They probably also hate Scholastic books from Marvel. In their narrow minded view it's better to let the average comics fan continue to age than to actually try to reach a new audience outside of the LCS. I get why LCS owners feel that way (self interest in a field that is difficult to even stay afloat, let alone thrive), but I don't get why the big two are so beholden to it that they let the LCS drag them down.
It actually reminds me a bit of bad car dealerships which car manufacturers know is an issue, but can't or won't really address.
LCS owners got more power than I realize
What he gonna do, @ me?
He's on the CBR forums a lot it wouldn't surprise me lol

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LCS owners got more power than I realize

He's on the CBR forums a lot it wouldn't surprise me lol
It is odd to see how thin skinned Slott is. It makes me think his arrogance is an act to cover up massive insecurities. Either way, he comes across as deeply unlikeable, IMO. Not to the Azzarello or Chaykin levels, certainly, but compared to most writers his personality is very off-putting.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It is odd to see how thin skinned Slott is. It makes me think his arrogance is an act to cover up massive insecurities. Either way, he comes across as deeply unlikeable, IMO. Not to the Azzarello or Chaykin levels, certainly, but compared to most writers his personality is very off-putting.
I couldn't agree more. The way he interacts with the fans is super off putting, and it always feels like he's trying to justify himself to them

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
since twitter isn't working i should use this thread as my place to post instead

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
since twitter isn't working i should use this thread as my place to post instead

DW6I.gif

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
insert obligatory montlhy post here

go read idw sonic kthx

and manga, go read manga

spider-man sucks ass

byeeee

Oct 25, 2017
Might be a dumb question but are there any runs of anything that heavily feature a Hawkgirl similar to her DCUA version?

Recently watched Beware My Power and currently rewatching JL/JLU and forgot how much I liked her

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
bleedingcool.com

No Sleep Till Gotham In Knight Terrors: First Blood #1 (Spoilers)

We have run a little Knight Terrors gossip regarding the upcoming DC Comics event that kicks off on Tuesday with Knight Terrors: First Blood.

Oh man, so they are going to be touching on the Amanda Waller stuff in Knight Terrors. Was really hoping I could just skip this whole thing and wait it out lol.

Porter is one of those artists where you can tell how much time they were given based on their line work. Still looks really good and fits the tone. But some of those faces lol.
maybe you can
We don't know how deep this will delve into the whole Waller thing, but I'm guessing it'll be mostly just hints to not let the story be completely stake-less

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
maybe you can
We don't know how deep this will delve into the whole Waller thing, but I'm guessing it'll be mostly just hints to not let the story be completely stake-less
Im thinking one of the new characters that were on that page at the end of Dark Crisis with Waller is going to be one of the big bads for Knight Terrors. That mecha Prometheus looking person.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel Comics SDCC schedule:
bleedingcool.com

Marvel Announces Its Big Panels For San Diego Comic-Con 2023

Marvel returns to San Diego Comic-Con at Booth #2329 with the Official Marvel Store at Booth #2519, and Big Panels announced.

Should find out what the Fall of X books will look like.

DC will be showcasing "over 20" new titles coming with Dawn of DC
thedirect.com

DC Announces 2023 Comic-Con Panel Events

Here's a comprehensive list of DC Comics' currently announced panels at San Diego Comic-Con 2023.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
bleedingcool.com

Marvel returns to San Diego Comic-Con at Booth #2329 with the Official Marvel Store at Booth #2519, and Big Panels announced.

thedirect.com

Here's a comprehensive list of DC Comics' currently announced panels at San Diego Comic-Con 2023.
Over 20? Goddamn. Probably going to be spread out of the next year

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
bleedingcool.com

thedirect.com

Ya'll ever wonder how much money some people are throwing away on this stuff as they buy into every goddamn event and relaunch that the big two cares to dig out of their own assholes?

May 24, 2019
Ya'll ever wonder how much money some people are throwing away on this stuff as they buy into every goddamn event and relaunch that the big two cares to dig out of their own assholes?
New books/teams are exciting!
Especially when everyone here's like "Damn. I'm down to reading one or two DC/Marvel books."

I hope there are at least five new titles you just gotta read, Freezie!

edit: Wait. These aren't necessarily going to be unannounced titles. Like Titans, King Wonder Woman, Williamson BnR probably all count in the 20.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
bleedingcool.com

thedirect.com

I don't think this is saying DC is about to preview 20 new titles. I think this is saying Dawn of DC had the intention to launch 20 new titles over the course of 2023. They've launched over a dozen.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
since we were on about nendroids here, i had to ruin the party here (this really sucks by the way)
Pretty old news. Good luck getting anyone who collects to stop buying Nendos, or figures in general. Being concious of these things is fine, but I could never personally justify avoiding things I enjoy because company A did this or that. I have no problem with people doing so, just don't expect everyone else to follow along.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Anyone here has an opinion on Tynion's the Woods? Never heard much about it.
It's fun! It's a good time
i got rate limited on twitter so i'm back

the u149 anime was really good. highly recommended.
I initially skipped it because the idea of making small kids into idols was just something i wasn't interested in, but seeing shiki and frederica made an appearance has probably changed my mind

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Pretty old news. Good luck getting anyone who collects to stop buying Nendos, or figures in general. Being concious of these things is fine, but I could never personally justify avoiding things I enjoy because company A did this or that. I have no problem with people doing so, just don't expect everyone else to follow along.

on one hand, i kinda get it - i don't like buying from playasia unless i don't have other options
but on the other, i thought this community was the kinda place people'd wanna know this sort of thing? nendroids, figmas etc directly supporting a hate site isn't something i was aware of, but to just accept that & keep supporting them regardless is...odd

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
Just finished reading Adventures of Superman - Jon Kent issue 5
I'm really enjoying this series, much more than the Son Of Kal-El series - the AW is not exactly to my taste due to absolute lack of background work, but it suits just fine. The story is strong and interesting, doing a good job showing Jon's view of the world. I have particularly found the part where Batman tells Superman that his son just took 48h to realise he should be stopped to be quite strong.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
on one hand, i kinda get it - i don't like buying from playasia unless i don't have other options
but on the other, i thought this community was the kinda place people'd wanna know this sort of thing? nendroids, figmas etc directly supporting a hate site isn't something i was aware of, but to just accept that & keep supporting them regardless is...odd

I think people here do know about it. There's been multiple threads about it. But there's no problem bringing it up.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Aureview

Flic: The True Story of the Journalist Who Infiltrated the Police
91xMj0sAaBL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Maybe the original book is better, but I felt disappointed. Chavant's use of color and beautiful, realistic depictions of Paris are wonderful, but the decisions to anthropomorphize everyone only detracted from the reading experience for me. It made it harder to follow who was who and just generally... didn't add anything. The moments of reflection or deeper conversations with officers were highlights, but there weren't enough of those moments. Incredible story from a perspective that's generally impossible, but I wanted more from it. This is already backed up by research in books like The End of Policing (recommended) in the US, but it's unsurprising to me that cops abroad face the same circumstances in which the best intentions are whittled down until you're covering for other shit cops just to survive, PTSD is common, and many officers just end up killing themselves. You can't change these institutions from the inside. Anyway, not a bad book if you aren't familiar with the subject, but it could've said more.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
nendroids, figmas etc directly supporting a hate site isn't something i was aware of, but to just accept that & keep supporting them regardless is...odd
I don't think it's odd. I think people just have different priorities, and personal entertainment is somewhere on that scale too. For example, I think most people can agree that AI is bad for artists, yet actual artists are going to be much more invested in protesting it than someone who doesn't have any skin in the game and is not at risk of losing employment because of it.

Life is hard enough and you have to find enjoyment where you can. For some people, figure collecting is part of that. It's perfectly fine to take moral stands against this or that. But choose your battles. A few people not buying Nendos isn't going to hurt GSC in the slightest. And frankly there are much bigger societal ills to be concerned with. If you pour energy into every one of them you're just going to exhaust yourself. And frankly I think a lot of the concern people exhibit on social media for various causes is purely performative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.