• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is like buying Best Buy+ for graphcis cards or Hershey's chocolate or reading a King comic. All you are left with after, is a feeling of self-loathing and disgust.
everyone dragging eisner award winner tom king today smh

COMICS!!! |OT| November 2021 | everyone dragging eisner award winner tom king today smh

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
everyone dragging eisner award winner tom king today smh

COMICS!!! |OT| November 2021 | everyone dragging eisner award winner tom king today smh
As a King fan I admit that I'm biased but his highs are high enough that it's funny to see people fixate on a few lows and dismiss him as a bad writer. Vision, Sheriff, MM, and SA alone put him in the top-tier in my view. Many writers never have a single book that I like as much. Strange that in this community he's seen as a trash-tier writer.

May 24, 2019
Post links with news bruvs
www.marvel.com

Spider-Man Goes Wild in 'Savage Spider-Man,' A Thrilling New Series by Joe Kelly and Gerardo Sandoval

Joe Kelly and Gerardo Sandoval's 'Savage Spider-Man' arrives in February!
Spider-Man is getting a big new Spider-Butt.
JJXodRN.jpg

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As a King fan I admit that I'm biased but his highs are high enough that it's funny to see people fixate on a few lows and dismiss him as a bad writer. Vision, Sheriff, MM, and SA alone put him in the top-tier in my view. Many writers never have a single book that I like as much. Strange that in this community he's seen as a trash-tier writer.
not everyone can be as cultured as us kmfdmpig. let these brutes wallow in their filth!

COMICS!!! |OT| November 2021 | let these brutes wallow in their filth!

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
King is good stuff, but he has had some massive misses. Strange Adventures was fantastic though.

Alright, spill it. Who among us read the latest Batman Fortnite title? It wasn't on DC Infinite this go round and I ain't ponying up cash. How was it?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
King is good stuff, but he has had some massive misses. Strange Adventures was fantastic though.

Alright, spill it. Who among us read the latest Batman Fortnite title? It wasn't on DC Infinite this go round and I ain't ponying up cash. How was it?

The skin is great, I ain't reading the book.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I have currently

COMICS!!! |OT| November 2021 | ok I've read the seven issues so far and this is kinda shitty but I'm curious to where it goes next

COMICS!!! |OT| November 2021 | It's bad but I can't stop reading

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a full Tillie Walden hardcover collection? I'm curious to see what all books she has available.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I only have Spinning and On A Sunbeam. I may pick up that short-comic collection she released in July.
I don't have Spinning, but I've read it before. Def need to grab it down the line. I know she has several other books, too, before she partnered with First Second.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up for folk. With November starting pretty quick, I want to get started on preliminary Comic of the Year stuff soon. Nothing like a full final Top 10, but early lists so others can see what everyone else is vibing with and potentially read before the final lists are needed.

To save some grief, I'll be starting the list myself. It'll feature five pre-built top 10 lists, so folk don't have to add t these books themselves. DC, Marvel, Image, Indie, and manga top 10s. That'll be our starting list.

Then, I'll ask folk for their own recommendations list. This will be each person's opportunity to mention books they think others might want to check out. It's not a top 10. Instead of a top 10, it'll be this: 5 recommended books you've read AND 5 books you've yet to read but want to. This is folks' opportunity to mention books they otherwise don't think will be mentioned. And again, this is just a list of recommendations for folk to check out before the official tallying starts.

So think about books you'd recommend, both that you've read and haven't! Also... does anyone know of a manga review aggregator that I could use to pick a top 10 from?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, its a Red Hood book, with zombies. Like, they are just zombies of characters that didnt have much personality alive anyway lol. Dropped.

Disapointed with Deep Target too. Ill wait for the trade.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Just a heads up for folk. With November starting pretty quick, I want to get started on preliminary Comic of the Year stuff soon. Nothing like a full final Top 10, but early lists so others can see what everyone else is vibing with and potentially read before the final lists are needed.

To save some grief, I'll be starting the list myself. It'll feature five pre-built top 10 lists, so folk don't have to add t these books themselves. DC, Marvel, Image, Indie, and manga top 10s. That'll be our starting list.

Then, I'll ask folk for their own recommendations list. This will be each person's opportunity to mention books they think others might want to check out. It's not a top 10. Instead of a top 10, it'll be this: 5 recommended books you've read AND 5 books you've yet to read but want to. This is folks' opportunity to mention books they otherwise don't think will be mentioned. And again, this is just a list of recommendations for folk to check out before the official tallying starts.

So think about books you'd recommend, both that you've read and haven't! Also... does anyone know of a manga review aggregator that I could use to pick a top 10 from?
Thank you for your hard work! I unfortunately don't know a manga review aggregator, though.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Always remember that the Aquaman movie made more money than any Batman, Superman, or Spider-Man movie.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Reviews, let alone review aggregators, for manga are impossible to find. How are there not dozens of "Top 10 Manga of 2021" lists already, like there are for movies, comics, tv shows, novels? Only found a couple Youtube videos from randos that were... not good.

Anyway, I'm just going to fill the manga section with some of the names that I see frequently mentioned here -- at least by more than just one person. So I'll add Chainsaw Man, Spy x Family, Jujutsu Kaisen, One Piece, and Komi Can't Communicate on there. Any other 2021 manga that are common topics of positive criticism here that'd fit the list?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews, let alone review aggregators, for manga are impossible to find. How are there not dozens of "Top 10 Manga of 2021" lists already, like there are for movies, comics, tv shows, novels? Only found a couple Youtube videos from randos that were... not good.

Anyway, I'm just going to fill the manga section with some of the names that I see frequently mentioned here -- at least by more than just one person. So I'll add Chainsaw Man, Spy x Family, Jujutsu Kaisen, One Piece, and Komi Can't Communicate on there. Any other 2021 manga that are common topics of positive criticism here that'd fit the list?

Here's a few big ones that are popular and I enjoy on top of what you have.

Dead dead demon's dededede destruction
Witch Hat Atelier
My Hero Academia
Demon Slayer
Dr Stone
Mashle
Kaiju No.8
No Guns Life
One Punch Man
Tokyo Revengers
Kagauya Sama Love is War
Hells Paradise : Jigokuraku
Beastars
Sakamoto Days
Don't Toy with Me Nagatoro
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Look Back (incredible one shot by Fujimoto)
Dai Dark
Zom 100 : Bucket list of the Dead

Last edited:

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Besides what Messi already posted, I would put Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun only because I really like it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.