• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Does nothing for me tbh. Actually made reading that series a chore.

New+Mutants+15+1.jpg

JxzBwijMQoVE5bWEFeTgeH.jpg

newmut2019014013_col.jpg
This made me want to read New Mutants actually, I dropped after the first arc I think

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Was convinced that it was Zdarsky but this is still awesome.

She mentioned ages ago on her patreon that it's ongoing and it's at Image.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Awesome combination. He couldn't talk about it but alluded to being really excited about it on Word Balloon. He also mentioned that he had 12 projects he was working on (including those which very recently ended, so Rorschach, Strange Adventures, Bat/Cat, Supergirl, Human Target and then potentially up to 7 more).

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've said that Victor Alvarez should be the MCU's Iron Fist, and honestly I wouldn't mind if he took over in the comics too. Cool character that doesn't get enough play, and he feels like the perfect "heir" to both Luke and Danny. I don't think he's shown up since Ewing had him on his Avengers teams.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel this is probably motivated by how the MCU show wasn't allowed to get away the usual "white dude learns mystic martial arts better than you" thing. There's not really any value in Danny as Iron Fist, a character explicitly born out of the 70s Kung-Fu craze, and the only casualty of Danny retiring is losing out on Marvel's best buddy act.

I am leaving this community
It's just not as funny since it became your tag.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Danny Rand was like the Jean Claude Van Damme of the Marvel Universe.

The problem I have is that there doesnt have to just be one Iron Fist.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine Marvel is doing all this just to instantly bring Danny back as Iron Fist. I'm picturing a new character taking up the role, and Danny serving as a kind of mentor figure for the new Iron Fist.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Danny Rand is problematic. I'd be fine with him going away. Or just being a friend to Luke Cage + Jessica Jones. I bet he'd be a great babysitter while they go do superhero shenanigans.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Danny Rand absolutely is problematic, and I believe that Marvel is looking at retiring the character and having someone new take up the mantle. Someone who won't prove so problematic when they use this character in movies, tv shows, video games, etc.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
McKay's Moon Knight is very good, and makes Aaron's Avengers even worse in retrospect

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't get rid of Danny Rand, and I certainly wouldn't get rid of him to replace him with someone else. They might get away with it because not many people know who he is, but I'm honestly surprised they keep trying to go that route.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't get rid of Danny Rand, and I certainly wouldn't get rid of him to replace him with someone else. They might get away with it because not many people know who he is, but I'm honestly surprised they keep trying to go that route.
He obviously won't be gone forever. Hell he won't stop being Iron Fist forever too.

But I think it's worth rejiggering the franchise away from Rand as the central focus.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I've said that Victor Alvarez should be the MCU's Iron Fist, and honestly I wouldn't mind if he took over in the comics too. Cool character that doesn't get enough play, and he feels like the perfect "heir" to both Luke and Danny. I don't think he's shown up since Ewing had him on his Avengers teams.

He's been in Champions

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jonna & the Unpossible Monsters is real pretty to look at and I have no idea what the heckers is going on.

An Inciting Incident happens at the end of the first issue, a timeskip happens and then by the end of the issue it's resolved, and I don't know who any of these people are other than that Jonna looks like a girl Tomba and her sister's hat is cute.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Due to circumstances out of my control, I was effectively cut off all my media and the internet from 9/28 until earlier today. I'm back now and trying to catch up on AEW but did I miss anything in comics?

Seeing Saga is still missing, I'm assuming they're still bad.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Due to circumstances out of my control, I was effectively cut off all my media and the internet from 9/28 until earlier today. I'm back now and trying to catch up on AEW but did I miss anything in comics?

Saga is coming back.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Sagas return was announced for January

www.resetera.com

Saga by Brian K Vaughn and Fiona Staples returns January 2022 Comics

Announced at BKV's NYCC panel. After a 3 year hiatus, Saga will return in January 2022 with a 44 page issue. Thank goodness its finally coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.