• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I wonder if there will be a new project diva game one day. It's feels like ages since the last one came out.

The Future Tone game is to hard for me. Even though I love the Miku games I suck at them. The PSP and Vita ones had songs I could complete on hard and in some cases extreme. On Future Tone even normal does not work for me most of the times.

The Switch however would be a great platform for Miku. They could use the Vita controls when playing in handheld mode.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Follow up: my ZhouSensor Project DIVA controller arrived today and I made a quick play video:

Full impressions to follow but the controller is working quite well so far. Any mistakes made in the video are mine; I'm not very good at this game lol

I crossposted this from the Arcade Stick/Controller thread as I wasn't sure which crowd was more interested in this...

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Man that thing seems way too cool. The lights and all are great. I'd love to play in that style of controller just to get a feel of how FT arcade players play.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
StarCreator - how much did that cost and do you have a link to where to buy one?
I posted a link in this thread a few weeks ago. You shouldn't have to dig back very far to find it.

My costs were a bit wacky as a friend ordered one for me while also getting one for himself, then reshipped mine domestically. It wound up being about $350 shipped.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Directly, no, he won't ship anywhere outside China. The point is to use the forwarding service referenced in the how to link.

Ah, so you place the order through the forwarder and deal with them instead of the 'original' site?

Also, it says it cost 388.00 yen, which is less than £3!!!!! I'm guessing it's 38,800 yen?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so you place the order through the forwarder and deal with them instead of the 'original' site?

Also, it says it cost 388.00 yen, which is less than £3!!!!! I'm guessing it's 38,800 yen?
That's Yuan, not Yen - there is no Japanese involved in this transaction at all.

EDIT: The cost structure is pretty well described on the listing. It seems that with this second batch, he has moved to a preorder structure where buyers put a down payment in advance of a controller being built rather than the buyer being asked to pay the entire controller cost up front. Controllers will be produced in batches of four. As translated by Google:

1. the buyer photographed and paid 388 yuan booking fee.
2. The booking is completed for 4 people.
3. After starting production, the buyer pays the remaining amount of 1,600 yuan.
4. the production period is expected to be less than 20 days, after the production is completed, testing and delivery.

Last edited:

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Follow up: my ZhouSensor Project DIVA controller arrived today and I made a quick play video:

Full impressions to follow but the controller is working quite well so far. Any mistakes made in the video are mine; I'm not very good at this game lol

I crossposted this from the Arcade Stick/Controller thread as I wasn't sure which crowd was more interested in this...

Holy crap I want this o_o
Edit: Comes to just under $400 CAD before possible shipping/forwarding.

Last edited:

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if a version of Roki with Rin and Len exists anywhere?
It was played a Miku Expo in Europe and was one of my favourite songs so I've been trying to find it but all I can find is the original version which is Rin and a human singer, I can't find a version with Rin and Len at all.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if a version of Roki with Rin and Len exists anywhere?
It was played a Miku Expo in Europe and was one of my favourite songs so I've been trying to find it but all I can find is the original version which is Rin and a human singer, I can't find a version with Rin and Len at all.
The version with Len only exists in concert form, apparently. The "human singer" is the creator of the song.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like every Project DIVA game is on sale on US PSN.

Project DIVA f/F is 10% off: [Vita] [PS3]
Project DIVA F 2nd is 10% off: [Vita] [PS3]
Project DIVA X is 20% off: [Vita] [PS4]
Project DIVA Future Tone is 30% off: [Bundle] [Season Pass]

PS+ saves an additional 10% (except X, where it saves an additional 14%). Sales end in one week.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Congrats Hatsune Miku Era, you're the new community spotlight!

Despite not posting here, I actually have both platinums for the JPN and NA versions of Project Diva F.
That was such a good trophy list.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Only one I didn't have was the OG Project Diva F. Wasn't dirt cheap enough for me to buy given that I got the later games lol
I think f/F has one of the strongest song lists in the series though, and there have been very few repeats (aside from Future Tone, which is really its own thing).

It's fun to go back to those games once in a while. I actually did end up buying F 2nd on PSN last fall because I wanted to run it in a convention game room and couldn't find my physical copy, lol

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I need to get back into Future Tone. There are just so many songs I haven't even come close to mastering.

Also, plz Sega. Give us a Project Mirai on Switch. I need more Nendo Miku in my life!

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Everyday I pray that a Miku game for Switch would be announced. There's loads of good rhythm games already I know, but nothing would do it for me like A Mirai game or even a port of an older Diva game.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
A new Project Mirai game for Switch has got to be in the cards, right? Or a new mobile game. Both are overdue.
Not really counting on it, not ever since #1 left Sega in June 2016 and Crypton Vocaloid popularity in general nowhere near its peak years ago. I get the impression he was singlehandedly keeping the entire franchise going, with Future Tone PS4 his final gift to fans.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've already said this before but I always considered the console port of Future Tone to be proof that they're done with the franchise, because otherwise why would they just dump that massive library at an affordable price? Every subsequent console game would be doomed to fail because it cannot possibly match that ridiculous amount of value.

KamiCrit

Oct 27, 2017
Western Canada
Oh wow, congrats on the community spotlight! Never knew this existed.
I only got into the vocaloid music in the last year. But I remember a long time ago I came across "Hatsune Miku" and tried to figure out what anime she was from. After being very confused by no conclusive answer I gave up in frustration.

No Project Diva games on Switch yet, but I enjoy the Vocaloid DLC in Taiko no Tatsujin.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've already said this before but I always considered the console port of Future Tone to be proof that they're done with the franchise, because otherwise why would they just dump that massive library at an affordable price? Every subsequent console game would be doomed to fail because it cannot possibly match that ridiculous amount of value.
The solution is they should make a game for a system that doesn't have Future Tone :P

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Diva X didn't end up with more song DLC
I was hoping for more medleys

Or just songs in general lol. I loved X so much... know what, now I know what I'm playing tonight.

I do hope some new Project Diva/Mirai happens for any console. I'd assume Switch, just because PS4 has Future Tone, but I'd take more on any system.

Lardonate

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this was pinned earlier and spent the whole evening playing F2nd for the first time in ages. I saw recently that PS3 emulation has progressed far enough for the F games to be playable at 60fps now, theres a few vids on youtube of it. Looks impressive. I'd be worried about it being a bit laggy though.

I'd be happy if they just did an F+F2nd rerelease for PS4 that was 60fps tho. I'd buy it again instantly. Personally I just couldn't see it working on the Switch no matter how much I would love it to simply because the PS symbols ARE the game. It'd feel wrong with ABXY. (Disclaimer, I never played the 3DS titles.)

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Hiroshi Utsumi, the long time producer behind the entire Project DIVA series. The #1 nickname comes from the way he identified himself in the official Project DIVA blog and his Twitter handle. He has proven irreplaceable, as no new Project DIVA games have been developed since his departure from Sega.
Saw this was pinned earlier and spent the whole evening playing F2nd for the first time in ages. I saw recently that PS3 emulation has progressed far enough for the F games to be playable at 60fps now, theres a few vids on youtube of it. Looks impressive. I'd be worried about it being a bit laggy though.

I'd be happy if they just did an F+F2nd rerelease for PS4 that was 60fps tho. I'd buy it again instantly. Personally I just couldn't see it working on the Switch no matter how much I would love it to simply because the PS symbols ARE the game. It'd feel wrong with ABXY. (Disclaimer, I never played the 3DS titles.)
I'm honestly a bit surprised that the engine would even support running at 60fps without the timing being thrown completely off as a result.

Project mirai 1 was nothing special (its controls apparently resemble Britney's Dance Beat, as a friend I showed the game to exclaimed) but Project mirai 2/DX is a great game in its own right.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe this is just my own skewered perspective as a western observer of all things Hatsune Miku but I have a hard time believing that Miku and friends are a dying property?

Like every year there is still:
- A new Snow Miku design, with corresponding Figma and Nendoroid releases
- A new Racing Miku design, ditto on Figma and Nendo
- A Magical Mirai show on Miku's birthday
- A Miku Symphony concert
- At least one Miku Expo tour

Just feels like there is actually more Miku than ever before.

BTW just got my Magical Mirai 2018 BD, haven't watched it yet, but yay

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Unfortunately I can only use the arrows to play the game. Tried the previous games after playing Future Tone and couldn't handle the PS buttons :(

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Unfortunately I can only use the arrows to play the game. Tried the previous games after playing Future Tone and couldn't handle the PS buttons :(

Heh, I'm the exact opposite. I had to configure Future Tone to only use buttons instead of a mix of arrows and buttons because I was so used to the Diva games.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed playing Mirai with only the touch screen. It's weird.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
Miku OT is pinned....

I don't have enough hours in the day to play Future Tone as I used to >_>

*Goes back to play Alien Alien for the 50th time in groove coaster*

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
How's the Miku VR game for PS4? I haven't any of the Project Diva games, but I like playing her songs in Taiko No Tatsujin. I even bought the Miku DLC pack.