• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Courtesy of NintendoEverything

Some of these are pretty fucking rad

Early Divine Beasts:
EarlyDivineBeasts.jpg

Pre-Calamity Castle Town:
PreCalamityCastleTown.jpg

Early Guardians:
MoreEarlyGuardians.jpg

Hope some of these can make it into the next game!

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those titans in the last picture are some H. P. Lovecraft shit.
Would love to see Nintendo do something in that style

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
A coastal crab guardian would have been amazing. There is that really cool tropical town (can't remember name) on the southern coast that would have been an interesting place for a beast.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
The War of the Worlds-like guardian is too damn good. IT HAS A FUCKING CITY!
I'd like Nintendo to make something with these designs.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
A coastal crab guardian would have been amazing. There is that really cool tropical town (can't remember name) on the southern coast that would have been an interesting place for a beast.
Yeah, now that I think about it a Crab DB could've been originally planned for an area near Lurelin and Eventide

Cronogear

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Literally Bloodborne.

Edit: that War of the Worlds style divine beast with the city in it makes me wish that the divine beasts were much bigger, with their own mini overworld and dungeon. That would have been dope.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah those War of the Worlds inspired ones somehow work really well with Zelda, for how much it clashes, very eerie. Could also be cool for a Majoras Mask style follow up.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Oh man, those looks so much better. But I guess, one thing is to make concepts of them, and another is actually make them work in-game.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
The Guardian that seems to have a city on top could have been AMAZING

Like, imagine a settlement that doesn't have a fixed location but travel all around the map.

WHEW

EDIT: I wish they could make a prequel or a sequel in which the towns are restored tbh, would love a Zelda game but with more NPCs and even more towns to explore.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Ok but WHY DIDN'T WE GET THE DINOSAUR?!

Castle Town also would've been really cool to see through a flashback/time warp or something.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The Guardian that seems to have a city on top could have been AMAZING

Like, imagine a settlement that doesn't have a fixed location but travel all around the map.

WHEW
The next Zelda will be fucking insane. It's really clear that they had so many ideas that they weren't able to use in BotW.

Mar 9, 2018
That's awesome. I would have loved to see more of Pre-Ganon BOTW Hyrule. Those divine beasts are way better than what we got in the actual game, too, which were way too megazordy. I like the guardian designs shown there but I think we ended up with something more memorable. However, those could have been good enemy ideas. Ganon's army is a little too cute sometimes in BOTW.

Shayla

Oct 27, 2017
*Sees UFO Devine beast and all Guardian concept arts*

Ok seriously it's time to make the next game a open world Majora's Mask like game. We need another horror Zelda game.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope with the next Zelda game they expand. Some of these designs look amazing, and that town, DAMN. Hopefully the next games have proper large towns and sidequests.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the War of the Worlds guardian, the super tall one with the dome city. I would love for Zelda team to do a War of the Worlds inspired game.

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
Those are interesting. I wonder if they originally planned to make us go underwater. One of the things I miss in breath of the wild. I would love to explore underwater. Hopefully we will get that for the next game.

A_Jazzy_Book

Oct 27, 2017
HOLY SHIT the ideas on display here! That dome city and dinosaur Beast would've been badass, and I would've loved to see those haunting early Guardians as overworld enemies! The treachery of the world would increase ten-fold.

Good material for future installments!

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I love the war of the worlds looking guardian, that would be awesome to explore. But the early guardians are so creepy and cool looking, I would really prefer that to what they went with. But would definitely have clashed with Zelda's look and the artstyle they went with.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*Sees UFO Devine beast and all Guardian concept arts*

Ok seriously it's time to make the next game a open world Majora's Mask like game. We need another horror Zelda game.

Yes, please.

Really hope with the next Zelda game they expand. Some of these designs look amazing, and that town, DAMN. Hopefully the next games have proper large towns and sidequests.

Yes, please.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually like what they ended up with more, but this is neat to see anyway.

Derpot

Nov 18, 2017
France
The Early Guardian on the top left corner is too fucking weird, just what is it lmao
The Divine Beasts look so cool too.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those early guardians are something else. Imagine fighting the top left one in a desert storm.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope some of these ideas are going to be in the next Zelda. They are way too cool to throw them overboard. I especially like the howls moving castle Divine Beasts and those scary guardians. A art style similar to that will help to keep Zelda fresh and new!

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine you're playing a Zelda game and that fucked up spider monstrosity skitters up over the hill, huge enough to completely fill your screen.

Christ almightly.