Staff Posts
  • Kaitos

Tens across the board!
    Oct 25, 2017
    Official Staff Communication
    Excusing the assassination of an elected member of parliament just because they're a Tory is something we're not going to do. You can hate the Tories -- and from my perspective, you can hate them with very good reason -- but what we are not going to do in this thread is say or suggest that an MP deserved to get assassinated, especially while doing something relatively benign like meeting with constituents. I shouldn't have to explain to people why excusing the assassinations of politicians is a bad idea, but apparently I do? "He deserved it." No, he deserved to get voted out of office or be resigned to a small minority in Parliament and spend the rest of his life unhappy that life was made better for working-class people. He didn't deserve to get knifed to death. Period.

It's been reported that this is a terrorist attack, but we should also wait until we know more. As I'll remind people who were around in 2011 Gabby Giffords was shot, there was a ton of speculation that it was done by a right-wing terrorist when he was a conspiracy theorist. Let's wait and see what the police find through an investigation on the killer's motives.