• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't heard from any gun owners that this is what they've been waiting for, and have actually heard from folks that don't own guns wishing they had a LTC and owned a fire arm. I have thought about the whole situation, if a police department comes down with covid, quarantined or ill, folks are losing their jobs, possibly not getting a check to pay for things already in CC debt living pay check to pay check. Could social unrest happen, could crime or violent crime increase in the coming weeks? idk

Real talk, even if it came to that, people would run out of bullets and be unable to get more in the same way they'd run out of food and be unable to get that.

Weaponry and ammunition costs a lot of money.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't heard from any gun owners that this is what they've been waiting for, and have actually heard from folks that don't own guns wishing they had a LTC and owned a fire arm. I have thought about the whole situation, if a police department comes down with covid, quarantined or ill, folks are losing their jobs, possibly not getting a check to pay for things already in CC debt living pay check to pay check. Could social unrest happen, could crime or violent crime increase in the coming weeks? idk

If local police couldn't function, wouldn't state police or the national guard step in to pick up the slack?

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Went to the grocery today and passed a gun store about a block away. They had a line going out the door and down their sidewalk.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I owned guns right now. My city is going to go GTA levels of crime in the coming months. Gun owners are the lucky ones right now. I am scared to death with what I know is coming. All hell is about to be unleashed and most people still are not believing this. We all need to prepare for this!

you really need to chill out.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I've owned a gun pretty much my whole adult life, and I'm in a state with very lax gun laws but I've never once thought about getting it out or taking it out with me

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
If you own firearms take a moment to double check that they're locked up properly. Safeties engaged. All that jazz.

Like others have said, you can't really shoot the virus. No one is rioting in the streets going door to door to snatch your charmin. Calm down and go masturbate.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Real talk, even if it came to that, people would run out of bullets and be unable to get more in the same way they'd run out of food and be unable to get that.

Weaponry and ammunition costs a lot of money.

Well, few gun owners I know already have more ammunition than most people imagine. Also, idk if anyone is actually thinking of firing off thousands of rounds escape from new york style. Maybe just for personal protection, deterrent?

Real talk, people destroy and loot cities over a football team losing a game...or even winning a football game.

If local police couldn't function, wouldn't state police or the national guard step in to pick up the slack?

Yes, and the state police have had to step in certain hill towns in my local area when more police presence was needed. Again, I have no idea what resources are available if there are coverage lapses in cities or towns if it became a widespread issue.

Last edited:

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Lots of gun owners are always fantasizing about situations where they can unload on people.

They're literally the hillbillies from the end of Night of the Living Dead.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Your neighbors' extra strength Charmin isn't at-risk, OP. Neither is their $0.99 pasta.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of gun owners are always fantasizing about situations where they can unload on people.

They're literally the hillbillies from the end of Night of the Living Dead.

I recall reading years ago that the word "Zombie" in the extreme prepper community is slang for non-preppers.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'm a gun owner, and I basically made sure I had ammo for my guns, and beyond that, I'm not worried. I'm not nuts, I don't think TP bandits are going to break into my house, and I sure as hell am not going to stock up.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're two weeks into Americans even being aware of COVID-19 as an actual threat and people are losing their minds. A substantial amount of people are going to be out of work soon if they aren't already. A recession is pretty much a guarantee. Hospitals are nearly out of supplies and are going to be past capacity soon. Trump is doing what Trump does and actively making the situation worse. That's just objective reality.

I don't know if a firearm will ever be needed but I know that desperate people are capable of pretty much anything after they've missed a few meals. I don't begrudge anyone who wants to keep them out of their households but the situation unfolding in the United States right now is not going to improve in the near-term unless there is a dramatic reversal of our fortunes.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
My friends dad took out his two handguns and said "we're the wealthy ones they'll come for us first"

I was like uhhhh

I mean don't get me wrong they are wealthy but yeah it's getting weird.

He's got a good point, though. But we have to get the guillotine built first.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
XLLMH9k-cG3UekKggXg11X-AUSw=.gif

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much this. Although I'd hope you would at least bring it out and fire it. Would be bad to have a gun and NOT know how to use it. Because then, what is the point.

I personally think at least 200 hours of range time should be required for you to take your guns home. 70% of people who own multiple guns don't even know how to clean them.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I wish I owned guns right now. My city is going to go GTA levels of crime in the coming months. Gun owners are the lucky ones right now. I am scared to death with what I know is coming. All hell is about to be unleashed and most people still are not believing this. We all need to prepare for this!

The fuck? Over here the corona crisis is hitting hard and instead of increased crime and fear there is actually a real sense of unity and brotherhood that spawned because of it. Everywhere people are volunteering, donating and helping out for 'the cause' as a unified nation. Strangers are helping out strangers and giving away stuff to those in need.

What the fuck is wrong over there?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The fuck? Over here the corona crisis is hitting hard and instead of increased crime and fear there is actually a real sense of unity and brotherhood that spawned because of it. Everywhere people are volunteering, donating and helping out for 'the cause' as a unified nation. Strangers are helping out strangers and giving away stuff to those in need.

What country are you in?

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Its not just long time gun owners. People getting their first in the last month has skyrocketed. My local range who trains ccw classes is completely booked for the next 2 years. Thats unheard of. Iv also had people who work in sporting goods stores claim they had more new gun buying int he last 2 weeks than they have in the last several years.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania

I live in Erie PA. Major gang crime, etc. On a normal day people walk up and down streets breaking into cars and such. I don't want to imagine a bad day...

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My friend bought his first gun just in case he would ever have to defend himself. He told me it was stupidly easy to get a gun. He had never used a gun before and he was in and out in minutes.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
As a gun owner I feel no panic whatsoever. I feel the worst thing about guns is the gun culture. These are the same people who are hoarding toilet paper. Idiots.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I swear American gun owners love preparing for a scenario where they get to shoot people.

"Never know, might need the extra ammo from all the people killing I'll be doing".

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
My friend bought his first gun just in case he would ever have to defend himself. He told me it was stupidly easy to get a gun. He had never used a gun before and he was in and out in minutes.

Wait a minute....Surely even in America now there are basic checks and a standard waiting time to collect a gun? Maybe even a CBT for first time buyers?