• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I think it would be more accurate to say good Mario, Sonic and Crash games on the same platforn.

220px-Crashadven.png
220px-Sonic_Advance_Coverart.png
220px-MarioAndLuigiSuperstarSagaGBACoverArtUS.jpg

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An amazing remake really, I absolutely loved Crash 1, played it as a kid too but we had a modded ps1 so basically never finished a game lol.
Platformer of the year 2017!

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm, kind of an unexpected announcement and it makes me worried about what they will end up after release with reviews, reception and sales.

Anyways, double dipped with the PC Release for modding, 60fps, graphical options and having the first official Crash game on Steam

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
This is smart move. The Switch version could sell the most but would it if it released so close to Captain Toad and Octopath?

Flamin' Galah

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't remember the last time I played a Crash game, so I am definitely looking forward to the games release, especially now that the date has been brought forward by a few days.

Brake

Feb 6, 2018
According to a Brazilian Retailer, Crash N-Sane Trilogy will receive a new stage called "Future Tense". Appearently, this stage will be included on the port of the game that will release later this month. Stormy Ascent will be included too.

imagem.aspx

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Now I'm not a betting guy but seeing as how there's gonna be a new game in 2019 and that the new level is called "Future Tense"... could we possibly get a teaser/first look at the new game?

Last edited:

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Not yet, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility as some of the pre-release trailers are 60fps.
Please refrain from citing the pre-release trailers as proof of 60fps on PC (even though it will be likely to happen, but not because of that), it is nor the proof or the evidence for such a thing. B-Roll and gameplay footage outside of trailers is what should be taken into account instead. I keep saying this but the 60fps trailers were done by a third party agency (Buddha Jones), in which have not properly adjusted the trailers to represent the PS4 version's framerate.

My guesses on the "Future Tense" DLC aren't very good but here are they: potentially a new level for Warped or some kind of bonus story level elaborating on time travelling/warping.

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Please refrain from citing the pre-release trailers as proof of 60fps on PC (even though it will be likely to happen, but not because of that), it is nor the proof or the evidence for such a thing. B-Roll and gameplay footage outside of trailers is what should be taken into account instead. I keep saying this but the 60fps trailers were done by a third party agency (Buddha Jones), in which have not properly adjusted the trailers to represent the PS4 version's framerate.

If the raw footage used to make the trailers was captured at 30fps, the "fake" 60fps trailers would have duplicate frames, which isn't the case.

Last edited:

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
If the raw footage used to make the trailers was captured at 30fps, the "fake" 60fps trailers would have duplicate frames, which isn't the case.
Raw footage used being 30fps or 60fps in trailers does not mean that it is representative of the platform's framerate from the B-Roll footage or Gameplay released so far (and nobody ever implied "faked"/"interpolated" frames in this case, not even me. I would recommend waiting until we hear about the PC version or the release to make that judgement instead of replying on that "proof".

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Raw footage used being 30fps or 60fps in trailers does not mean that it is representative of the platform's framerate from the B-Roll footage or Gameplay released so far (and nobody ever implied "faked"/"interpolated" frames in this case, not even me. I would recommend waiting until we hear about the PC version or the release to make that judgement instead of replying on that "proof".

I think you misunderstood my earlier post. I merely said it is possible the PC version will run at 60fps, not that it does.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I think you misunderstood my earlier post. I merely said it is possible the PC version will run at 60fps, not that it does.
Okay, I see what you mean.

I just wanted to let people know that using the Buddha Jones made trailers isn't proof of something likely or unlikely for 60fps NST on PC or consoles.

July having the Octo Expansion and Octopath would be pretty scary for switch ports.

Does Crash run at 60 on PC or is the engine made for 30 only?

No official info is out yet but the assumption is that it would run at 60fps, although there isn't direct proof yet of that. But I do feel confident about it being as such unlike the console versions.

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Now I'm not a betting guy but seeing as how there's gonna be a new game in 2019 and that the new level is called "Future Tense"... could we possible get a teaser/first look at the new game?
It's possible. Unless there's been an unheard of cut level with the same name. More likely to be a teaser for the next game.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

My guesses on the "Future Tense" DLC aren't very good but here are they: potentially a new level for Warped or some kind of bonus story level elaborating on time travelling/warping.
How would a third party agency be able to get 60fps out of a 30fps game? I think 60fps is not confirmed but highly plausible.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Okay, I see what you mean.

I just wanted to let people know that using the Buddha Jones made trailers isn't proof of something likely or unlikely for 60fps NST on PC or consoles.

I agree, just to be perfectly clear. Given that the 60fps trailers were created quite some time ago, the 30fps cap wasn't lifted for the Pro, and both Iron Galaxy and Acti are staying mum on the matter, that the aforementioned footage exists doesn't necessarily point to the PC version supporting 60fps today.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
How would a third party agency be able to get 60fps out of a 30fps game? I think 60fps is not confirmed but highly plausible.

Vicarious Visions gave raw footage of the game on behalf of Activision that was not capped at 30fps to Buddha Jones and BJ likely did not edit the footage to be at 30fps. Also, companies outsource their trailers in the industry almost all the time, just have a look at their portfolio.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I hope there's a way to remove the long intro on PC and 60 fps support.

I might just go PC instead of Switch