• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Dayum, a retro track day one. I wonder if all of them will have retro?

Just those three, at least as part of the PS4 bonus. It'd be kind of weird to have retro skins for everyone else as a separate thing, but keep Crash, Coco, and Cortex as an exclusive.

They already confirmed a nitro kart expanded extra story mode

Did they? Well regardless, they haven't done a proper reveal of it. Though they haven't done a reveal of the standard Adventure mode either. I'd be willing to bet we get a trailer showcasing both at E3. Start with the original, then go into infomercial "But wait, there's more!" mode and whip out Nitro Kart stuff.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
They have not confirmed a standalone story mode for CNK, that is NF mode, which has both CTR and CNK tracks and CTR's story. No word on CNK story yet

EDIT: Just read this quote instead
You're all actually incorrect, they have not even confirmed the CNK tracks are part of the "NF" Adventure Mode. The only features we know about for the "NF" Adventure Mode is the ability to change characters on the fly and customize karts and skins and stuff. Classic is just regular CTR.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
They have not confirmed a standalone story mode for CNK, that is NF mode, which has both CTR and CNK tracks and CTR's story. No word on CNK story yet
Sorry misremembered, although I took it to meant to be a second story mode that combined both games story's and added new hubs since they are very much part one and two and the new tracks wouldn't fit in the existing hubs

The real question is is are we getting all the gba Nitro kart characters(which includes unplayable characters from the console version and Spyro)

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Cool skins but I'll pass on paying $20 more for exclusive skins and lack of physical copies.

Indeed. Feels like they're factoring the early unlocks into the price, which is just... I mean, I don't even want those to begin with. That and the space skins run within a similar sci-fi gamut as the Electron skins which come free with preorders

D3-vavMUEAEY4ep.jpg
And I don't even pick these three often, so eh. Offer me a space Dingodile and we'll talk.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
they didn't explicit say we'd revisit the CNK Hubs, but they did say we'd play the CNK tracks through a expanded story mode.. so I guess would only make sense go to these areas to race on them.

If that's the case, maybe they'll recreate the whole CNK story mode too? Complete with cutscenes, hologram Velo and all

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
You're all actually incorrect, they have not even confirmed the CNK tracks are part of the "NF" Adventure Mode. The only features we know about for the "NF" Adventure Mode is the ability to change characters on the fly and customize karts and skins and stuff. Classic is just regular CTR.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
There is, but it differs between Europe and North America (GameStop and EB Games have the Pin Bundle)
Both regions have the Nitros Oxide content digitally as a download code with the game being physical

I think you are mistaken, I only ever see the standard edition as a physical copy. The premium version of the game seems to be digital only in the US

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I think you are mistaken, I only ever see the standard edition as a physical copy. The premium version of the game seems to be digital only in the US
I was not mistaken.
https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav...Nitros+Oxide+and+Pin+Bundle+Only+at+GameStop/
https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=crash+team+racing+oxide

Nitros Oxide & Pin Bundle Includes:
  • 1 Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled game (standard edition)
  • 4 Collectible CTR polished & enameled pins
  • 1 download code for Nitros Oxide Edition Digital Deluxe content*

*Nitros Oxide Edition digital content requires internet download. Digital content includes: Nitros Oxide playable character, Oxide's Hovercraft playable kart, additional Nitros Oxide character skin, Star Crash, Star Coco, Star Cortex character skins, and additional content to be announced. Nitros Oxide character and Oxide's Hovercraft kart also earnable in-game as rewards in the Adventure Mode

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it is okay if I post merchandise related to the game, since there's some interesting stuff (copypaste from my post on Crashy News):

annotation-2019-05-05-020633.jpg

• Frames and Posters: Crash Team Racing (N. Sanity Beach, Framed) - Crash Team Racing (Race, Framed) - Crash Team Racing (Race, Maxi)
    • The N. Sanity Beach poster illustration has been seen before but its looking rather nice stylistically. The Race posters come in framed and maxi variations, and they're the standard affair of reveal/placeholder cover art, the mug does feature a slightly different one, we'll get onto that one in a bit.
    • The maxi poster sizes at about 61 x 91.5cm, while the framed image is 30 x 40cm.
    • Please note that the site has the framed posters mislabelled at the time of this writing.
    • According to the listings, the release date is July 1, 2019.
  • Cups and Mugs: Crash Team Racing (Eat The Road) - Crash Team Racing (No Cars/Crash, No Glory) - Crash Team Racing (Race, Different Crash Render)
    • Personally speaking, the new edgier and more intense illustrations for CTR merchandise is probably quite a great thing to see Activision actively taking more care with, instead of just releasing merchandise with the less outstanding and general illustrations used in the games, Eat the Road and No Crash/Cars, No Glory ones are some of the best I've seen come out so far, keep it up!
    • Also, an interesting thing to note about the art used in the Race mug is the completely different render used for Crash Bandicoot, it features a different pose and face from reveal/placeholder art that we've seen since the announcement. It does beg the question as to why it wasn't used as I personally think it looks much better, will we be seeing this variation more often? Only time will tell.
    • Just like the listings above, the release date is July 1, 2019.
  • Miscellaneous: Crash Bandicoot (Extra Life Crate Doormat)
    • The doormat might feature art that is nothing to write home about, but it quite neat that we get more variety as time goes in. Any fan who might want even more Crash Bandicoot merchandise in their room or place of living might want to hunt for this one.
    • According to the listing, the release date is May 13, 2019.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Is Crash pointing at himself or giving a thumbs up? And Coco's side-eye has me worried about the nature of their familial relationship. I know its supposed to be a confident "I'ma beat you" look, but it's easy to misread at a glance.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the studio's style. The way they handle lighting and dimensionality is very pedestrian. I guess Activision has stuck with them for brand consistency.

Speaking of brand consistency, it's not as if the Crash series has ever had particularly flattering cover-art. Crash with his 90s era CG and tombstone teeth is... woof.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
The boxart is serviceable, way better than the last attempt for sure but it's still a ways off. Would be nice if they got someone else to do their promo art professionally and had a proper understanding on how to DRAW the characters. This airbush style doesn't mesh well at all. And believe it or not, these are the same people doing the promo stuff for the Sonic movie.

It'd probably be way cheaper if they just use the existing 3D models, and just spruce them up to make them more presentable and marketable instead of painstakingly paint them.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Is Crash pointing at himself or giving a thumbs up? And Coco's side-eye has me worried about the nature of their familial relationship. I know its supposed to be a confident "I'ma beat you" look, but it's easy to misread at a glance.
remember that odd McDonald's commercial for a Crash mini-game handheld, that they had Crash basically flirting with Coco as the Drive Thru cashier?.. that always weirded me out! Thankfully, I always figured that Crash wouldn't be smart enough to not even to flirt! Tawna was just attracted to his heroic stupidity!

Oct 25, 2017
No she's definitely giving him the eye. Activision is supporting moral decay.
#DeepLore

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
71cSnWq8TsL._AC_.jpg

• Includes motion controls and Advanced Gaming Buttons
  • Ergonomic design with standard button layout
  • LEDs for player number, button mapping, and low battery warning
  • Includes two AA batteries for up to 30 hours of gameplay
  • Official licensed product with 2-year limited warranty - Register at PowerA.com
Play your favorite Nintendo Switch games like a pro with this officially licensed PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller. Designed for comfort during extended gaming sessions, this Bluetooth wireless controller features subtle Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled icon design, motion controls, Advanced Gaming Buttons, and standard ergonomic layout. Enjoy up to 30 hours of gameplay with new alkaline batteries (other variables affect play-time) or add your own rechargeable batteries.

This controller costs $30 and is coming June 20, 2019, right around the release period of Nitro-Fueled. I do find Crash's head to be a little strange looking but overall, the rest looks nice with the whole "polygonal" theme with the icons and accent colours. Although, like many PowerA controllers, these don't feature NFC, Rumble or IR.

It is now available for preorder on Amazon - Thanks for the tip over at Game Idealist
EDIT: There's also a headset with the same design available for preorder as well

Last edited:

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
This controller costs $30 and is coming June 20, 2019, right around the release period of Nitro-Fueled. I do find Crash's head to be a little strange looking but overall, the rest looks nice with the whole "polygonal" theme with the icons and accent colours. Although, like many PowerA controllers, these don't feature NFC, Rumble or IR.

It is now available for preorder on Amazon - Thanks for the tip over at Game Idealist
EDIT: There's also a headset with the same design available for preorder as well
How is the dpad compared to the pro controller?

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Forgot to detail the gaming headset and that there's also an Xbox One controller with the same "Shadow CTR" design accent.
715U%2By-GlBL._AC_.jpg

• High fidelity stereo sound for gaming, music and entertainment
  • Memory foam earpads provide extended comfort and solid noise isolation
  • Intuitive volume and mute controls on left earcup
  • Compatible with any 3.5mm audio source - Xbox, PS4, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile
  • Includes 42-inch 3.5mm audio cable
The PowerA Wired Gaming Headset delivers high fidelity, accurate sound for immersive gaming audio on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac and Mobile devices that support 3.5mm audio jack and features subtle icon designs from Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. The flexible metal boom mic provides vocal clarity, includes mic monitoring, stays where you want it, and is detachable for when you want to enjoy listening to music, TV or other media. Lightweight materials, intuitive volume and mute controls on the earcup, plus breathable memory foam headband and earpads ensure comfort over extended gaming sessions. The large 50mm precision tuned drivers kick out rich bass to bring you into the experience, and noise-isolating earpads keep you there. Finally, our 2-year limited warranty reinforces our commitment to quality ensuring you can trust PowerA products to perform.​
71UHumOyCEL._AC_.jpg

• Two mappable Advanced Gaming Buttons
  • Dual Rumble Motors
  • 3.5mm stereo headset jack
  • Removable 9.8ft (3m) USB cable
  • Official licensed product with 2-year limited warranty - Register at PowerA.com
The PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One is built with our latest ergonomics, has a subtle Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled icon design, and works with all your games. This officially licensed Xbox controller features two mappable Advanced Gaming Buttons on back, dual rumble motors, and 3.5mm stereo headset jack to enhance your gaming experience. Of course, you'll also find all the basics such as precision-tuned analog sticks, plus-shaped D-Pad, and standard button/bumper/trigger layout. Getting all these features at nearly half the price of wireless controllers makes PowerA Enhanced controllers a no-brainer. Finally, our 2-year limited warranty reinforces our commitment to quality ensuring you can trust PowerA products to perform.​

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
So... has been clarified if the game got microtransactions or not? That whole situation on customization items and Wumpa Coins? .. Because, despite the possibility of going completely wrong (as always), I wouldn't exactly be bothered with the idea if the in-game required amount of Wumpa Coins to buy stuff isn't absurd.. I already picture myself putting a lot of hours on it anyway (just I did with N. Sane Trilogy).

The problem would be if the in-game pricing with Wumpa Coins is so desencouraging that a real money option sounds like the only viable way to get those items. Other issue would be them putting those things in order to stretch the lenght of the game.. which I don't think it's a good idea, because cosmethic items doesn't seem appealing to engage more playing time.. characters, karts and tracks? sure.. but not stickers, skins and alternate colors..

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I want a good amount of skins. When I truly love a game, I love to dig deep into it and get rewarded. Hopefully there is a good amount to unlock and customize.

Status
Not open for further replies.