• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I love the progression of Mrs. Hernandez. She was the silent sage before, now she is the hater and knows everyone's secrets.
Now to wait for them to bring up Maya's threesome.

And I miss the credit stingers this season. I want window washer thursday to happen again.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Since the first and second seasons ended with a wedding... Should we expect one this season as well? Maybe between Nathaniel and Rebecca.

I'm glad Josh is being more responsible. The fact that White Josh was ready to pay for him, I wonder if Josh ever found a job that earned above minimum wages. Feel bad for the guy.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Josh found a job. Good for him. This was the first time this season he didn't seem pathetic for me. He found a job that pays well and he isn't moping. Sure, he is hiding the fact that he is a gogo dancer from his friends, but so what. And White Josh didn't seem that upset by it either.

And while I said before we need more Nathaniel and White Josh hanging out, we need Josh in that group too. The Fit Hot Guys Ugly Cry group. Just let them all go out and be miserable and alone together. It will be great.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Josh found a job. Good for him. This was the first time this season he didn't seem pathetic for me. He found a job that pays well and he isn't moping. Sure, he is hiding the fact that he is a gogo dancer from his friends, but so what. And White Josh didn't seem that upset by it either.

And while I said before we need more Nathaniel and White Josh hanging out, we need Josh in that group too. The Fit Hot Guys Ugly Cry group. Just let them all go out and be miserable and alone together. It will be great.
I liked the part before "Get out of my house" song, when Josh said Rebecca helped him to find out he should want more in life.
Maybe at the end of the series, Josh will become that "ideal" guy Rebecca thought he was at the beginning.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I liked the part before "Get out of my house" song, when Josh said Rebecca helped him to find out he should want more in life.
Maybe at the end of the series, Josh will become that "ideal" guy Rebecca thought he was at the beginning.
That is what I think they are going to, and Rebecca won't end up with him. They will both realize they helped better each other and just be friends.

Honestly, only ship I have really been on in this show is Darryl and White Josh. That ship aint sunk yet!
Although I do love the Hector/Heather pairing.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
That is what I think they are going to, and Rebecca won't end up with him. They will both realize they helped better each other and just be friends.

Honestly, only ship I have really been on in this show is Darryl and White Josh. That ship aint sunk yet!
Although I do love the Hector/Heather pairing.
To be fair, the last episode Rebecca learned there are more in life than love. She should appreciate her friends more.

Once Darryl has a baby, maybe he'd be more open to White Josh. Although that means White Josh has to deal with the baby. (Why does this remind me of Jane the Virgin, Rogelio and Xiomara storyline?)
I like to see more of Heather too. There's only so much you can do with her character though.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I feel like part of the show's central thesis is that characters aren't going to "end up" together.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Josh might be getting better, but the road is still long ahead... His line to White Josh "you guyw all look up to me and think I'm perfect and I didn't want to disappoint you..."
.... yeah.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Josh might be getting better, but the road is still long ahead... His line to White Josh "you guyw all look up to me and think I'm perfect and I didn't want to disappoint you..."
.... yeah.
He's either too naive, or because of his relationship with Rebecca, he thinks he's the center of the world.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I could've sworn I said somewhere at some point either last season or the first that Josh, being Josh, would end up as a stripper, or well now go go dancer but close enough.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I didn't get that Maya joke earlier but then I saw a Seth Meyers clip with her actress and apparently she's in a new show produced by the Lonely Island. So I'm guessing the joke references that?

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
I think Josh Character progression in this season has become really interesting. Prior to this season Josh seemed to get away with a life of passivity. Any problem in his life was solved by another. Any blame for a problem in his life was never his. It was always someone else fault. This sort of reached apex before his wedding to rebecca, when he abandons her to go to the church. He's so passive in his own life, that when he encounters a problem no one will deal with for him, he runs.

I also liked how the other characters have started to recognise this. I like to think part of the reason his mom kicked him out was her realisation that coddling him has enabled this behavior. Josh finally seems to have realised all this and is working towards something better. I don't see Josh and Becca ending up together, but I do think he will be more driven, well rounded character by the end of this series.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I think Josh Character progression in this season has become really interesting. Prior to this season Josh seemed to get away with a life of passivity. Any problem in his life was solved by another. Any blame for a problem in his life was never his. It was always someone else fault. This sort of reached apex before his wedding to rebecca, when he abandons her to go to the church. He's so passive in his own life, that when he encounters a problem no one will deal with for him, he runs.

I also liked how the other characters have started to recognise this. I like to think part of the reason his mom kicked him out was her realisation that coddling him has enabled this behavior. Josh finally seems to have realised all this and is working towards something better. I don't see Josh and Becca ending up together, but I do think he will be more driven, well rounded character by the end of this series.
It's going to be pointless if Josh and Rebecca end up together. When Rebecca met him at the beginning he was not different than the one Rebecca met when she was in summer camp.
I think the point of it was even if it seemed bad, some relationships help you to grow as a person.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
LOL OH NO.

-Oh Nathaniel, It's On!
-Nathaniel and I are Just Friends!
-Trent?!

Not Trent again lol

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Ok the credits this week was clever
I hope for the last three episodes, they do each portion of the credits, and then conclude whether "you do/don't want to be crazy", "what".

Next week could be the pop parody's "Crazy is the way your love makes me feel, this is what I always wanna be".

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I hope for the last three episodes, they do each portion of the credits, and then conclude whether "you do/don't want to be crazy", "what".

Next week could be the pop parody's "Crazy is the way your love makes me feel, this is what I always wanna be".

I dunno, "Don't mess with a bitch whose crazy in the head" seems like a good place to end with a season finale cliffhanger.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, "Don't mess with a bitch whose crazy in the head" seems like a good place to end with a season finale cliffhanger.

Maybe—but I would think they want to eventually have Rebecca in a positive place but maybe that will be season 4 haha. Concluding that she ~doesn't want to be crazy~.

Either way, I hope they do the other three opening genre parodies these last few episodes.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The whole episode was wall-breaking throughout. I don't think it will be a recurring theme.

Feeling jealous of Heather, but also glad for her.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Thinking emoji was it really a better twist than "your honor, she's just a girl in love, she can't be held responsible for her actions"
But did that one end with the logo coming on screen? I can't remember.

Edit: And gotta show my love for two jokes in the episode. The Shania Twain one and that BJ Novak makes ecstasy.

Last edited:

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
The whole episode was wall-breaking throughout. I don't think it will be a recurring theme.

I still think it'd be a pretty fun close out to the season :p

But did that one end with the logo coming on screen? I can't remember.

Edit: And gotta show my love for two jokes in the episode. The Shania Twain one and that BJ Novak makes ecstasy.

"That don't impress me much."

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
And notice they stiffed Mrs. Hernandez out of the scheme to take the firm back. We all know why Gene wasn't there.

And yes, I know it is budget issues so they don't have to pay the guest stars

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the episode, the tango song is my new favourite.
Glad to see Heather
steps up and gets a job. She's becoming more adjusted than Rebecca.

It does seem like life is a bit too easy for Heather.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha nooooooo.

"Nathaniel is Irrelevant."

Nooooooo.

tumblr_nwxjwx7hxz1qg0u4go1_250.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.