• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I'm going to go with that all being in Rebecca's head because that was just one, a weird turn with Trent and then even though it oculd've been a gag with him yet again breaking every bone in his body just so much felt off, especially after Rebecca pushed him, I refuse to believe they'd be so sloppy.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So this didn't pop up on Netflix's Coming in March list, so I assume that means it'll be on Netflix tomorrow.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
What an amazing finale. This show is a slow burn but now that it has legs every episode is becoming this really cool commentary on stuff while still being the hammy fun show.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Man I didn't realize the parallels between
Rebecca nearly getting pushed into the pit by Josh after she "kidnapped" his mother and what happens with Trent

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just watched episode one. The song about men being rapists was great. Gotta resist the urge to watch them all too quickly.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

waiting.gif

Songs I'm going back to a lot from this season are Generalize About Men, Strip Away My Conscience, Fit Hot Guys, and First Penis I Saw ("first penis, very first penis-penis!").

And others. Most of them. But those are standouts for me.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
waiting.gif

Songs I'm going back to a lot from this season are Generalize About Men, Strip Away My Conscience, Fit Hot Guys, and First Penis I Saw ("first penis, very first penis-penis!").

And others. Most of them. But those are standouts for me.
Generalize About Men, Strip Away My Conscience are great. I also like The Moment is Me and The End of the Movie.
I knew Josh Groban as an artist prior to the song, was pleasantly surprised when he showed.

Rewatching Season 2, the bit where Rebecca met the Heathers was gold. The whole episode was hilarious. Rachel's delivery was perfect.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was watching Sam Nunberg self-destructing on TV, and all along I was thinking "if they did that in a comedy show, in the wackiest possible like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, it would ruin the show because it would be too unbelievable to be funny". And yet here we are.

All in all, maybe the tirade at the end of season 3 in front of the judge was not THAT unrealistic!

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
If this doesn't get renewed for season 4, I guess Adam can just get Fountains of Wayne back together with Rachel as the new lead singer

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
I am up to episode 4 and I dunno, I just don't think I am on board with the more setious tone the show has taken in regards to Rebecca. I joined up for a fun comedy musical and feel the drama since the season 2 finale detracts from that.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Episode 4 of S3? Hold in there, you're almost at the end of the drama. Episode 6 and onward are much more fun, while keeping a tab on the drama.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I actually like the tone shift. It's not repetitive and a rehash of previous seasons.
Always something new.

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the 2nd ever showing of the live tour in Portland! It was fantastic and if there are any fans in cities that haven't yet sold out of tickets I highly recommend it! Really, 10/10 performance!

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
That's good. Wouldn't have been too happy with the point S3 ended as a series finale.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
The best news!
Now the show can have a proper conclusion.

It doesn't have the best rating, I was a bit worried.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad they got renewed, they seemed somewhat anxious about it when they were in Portland just a few days ago. But they still put on a great show, pros to the end.

Has anyone gone to any of the live concerts yet? I'm looking forward to going to the one in DC on Friday.

Yes, it was everything I could've wished for and more. They went further than you'd expect to adapt the show's eccentric meta humor and raunchyness onto the stage. They were all a lovely crew but Rachel Bloom was the star, she was super real with the audience and it was like we all got to hang out with her in person. I'm far more proud that I've been in the same room as her than any other celebrity (despite seeing John Delancy at Rose City Comic Con and also Tom Kenny and Squidward's VA being cool too).

It was honestly the highlight of my one week of Spring break (classes begin again tomorrow :'(, but the pick show picked my spirits up and so I'm motivated to give it my all again, despite being tired of college and at the same time scared of what comes after). Rachel Bloom talking about her college troubles helped me cope a bit more.

I wish!

That one was sold out literally .2 seconds after I loaded the page!

It's almost certainly sold out by now, but was that the first batch right after it was announced? They were taken by bots and so they restarted the system and took orders again but with anti bot protection afterwards.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
sadly Chicago's show is tomorrow (on Wed? ugh). Can't do mid-week in the city with a kid when we live just outside the city. Especially when the only friends we would trust to babysit would want to go to the show too. Plus it sold out in 3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.