• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 1, 2017
Idk, I loved season 1 but the show just feels increasingly slapdash to me as it goes on, like the ambition way exceeds the execution. I'm basically just watching for the songs and occasional nice character moments at this point.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
This is awesome. I'm here till the end of the series.......... of holidays........ till the finale........ valentine's day.

lol

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Did we know the finale date before this?

Show's not coming back till January 11th, so only a handful left :(

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Did we know the finale date before this?

Show's not coming back till January 11th, so only a handful left :(

18 episodes - October 12, 2018 to April 19, 2019

There's 10 eps left. Not sure why they said v-day unless it was a joke.

edit: it's possible it was originally going to end on v-day. I think it got extended from 13 to 18 in summer.

Last edited:

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel that Greg... The texting bit at the end was hilarious, I love it!
Great episode! I really dig the popular in high school song.

Barrylocke

Oct 25, 2017
This was the best episode of the season by far. Fitting since the hiatus is apparently starting now. NuGreg works pretty well for me, especially with how they framed it with both of them (probably Rebecca more than Greg) having changed over the past two years. It totally makes sense now that they said it, but I like the detail that Greg has actually been back quite a bit over the past two years but he basically hid from Rebecca.

Last edited:

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
This was the best episode of the season by far. Fitting since the hiatus is apparently starting now. NuGreg works pretty well for me, especially with how they framed it with both of them (probably Rebecca more than Greg) having changed over the past two years. It totally makes sense now that they said it, but I like the detail that Greg has actually been back quite a bit over the past two years but he basically hid from Rebecca.
New Greg has almost the same voice as old Greg, but his acting is a bit stiff for me. His singing isn't as good either. :/

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Handled the Greg thing a lot better than I thought they would. Well okay, the show has the self-awareness to pull off stuff like this, but I was still a little worried I wouldn't be feeling it. Guess I was worried over nothing. (Though yes, OG Greg appears to be a better singer ;D)

Also dammit, robbed of a Father Brah and Valencia relationship.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This was a fantastic episode. Fun moments with all the leads and a good chunk of side characters too.
New Greg is alright. I like Skylar Astin. Just wish he'd move his face more. Greg was always so scrunchy.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Even with the show tongue and cheek about it the new greg is still pretty jarring for me. Making the best of the situation though.

Was not expecting it to be Father Brah lol.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Half expected when Greg told Rebecca she changed for him to suddenly see her as Other Rebecca from the credits.

Also, wouldn't Valencia have seen Father Brah when they threw together Heather and Hector's wedding?

Also, Bar is best new character.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprisingly okay with NewGreg. I miss Santino so much, but I like Skylar. And it helps that they do look and sound quite similar.

Santino is a better singer, but Skylar is no slouch. I just think this wasn't the best song for pipes, just cute singing.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 and 3 openings were perfection. I have them as my alarms lol (plus Trent's I'm Just a Boy).

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
BLAM! is one of my most fav things from the series in general, always made me laugh, every single time.

But season 1 had the sun wearing sunglasses and singing.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
jeePT2W.gif

That was pretty jarring but the metaness of it helped and playing it off as Rebecca seeing him differently to everyone else, maybe he'll grow on me.

Half expected when Greg told Rebecca she changed for him to suddenly see her as Other Rebecca from the credits.

Also, wouldn't Valencia have seen Father Brah when they threw together Heather and Hector's wedding?

Also, Bar is best new character.
I was hoping she would show up and give Bar a Golden Globe and Emmy.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 had the best opening and the best use in show ("Your honor, she's just a girl in love, she can't be held responsible for her actions")

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I really do not like nuGreg. He doesn't have the angry sarcasm or the sweet velvety tones of Santino. I hope he morphs into Santino at some point.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
This show's rating is so sad to look at. Last episode was the lowest yet. It says "0.39 mil" on wiki.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This episode was so weird. Lot of jokes talking about the show ending. Heather acting really invested in Valencia's past relationship seemed really out of character.

I was trying to figure out where I know nuGreg from, he's the dude from Pitch Perfect.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm finally caught up, we binged the last couple of episodes as my birthday request instead of watching a movie (no regrets).

I really really do not like new Greg, his acting is very flat and he just makes me want old Greg back when old Greg wasn't missed anymore. Meh.
Anyway, this is going to be a long wait.