• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
No, you don't.

You don't really like beer, no one does. You were just conditioned to believe you like it by the culture of toxic masculinity that is prevalent in our society.

I was a victim of that too until I realized all beer tastes like garbage and it makes you feel bloated and it's basically the crappiest drink ever. So I stopped drinking it, I see it as one small extra way of combatting toxic masculinity.

Plus, you can't really get drunk off beer, so it makes even less sense to drink it.

What?

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
No, you don't.

You don't really like beer, no one does. You were just conditioned to believe you like it by the culture of toxic masculinity that is prevalent in our society.

I was a victim of that too until I realized all beer tastes like garbage and it makes you feel bloated and it's basically the crappiest drink ever. So I stopped drinking it, I see it as one small extra way of combatting toxic masculinity.

Plus, you can't really get drunk off beer, so it makes even less sense to drink it.
You don't really like Granblue Fantasy, no one does. You were just conditioned to believe you like it by the culture of toxic anime that is prevalent in our society.

I was a victim of that too until I realized all Granblue Fantasy plays like garbage and it makes you feel bloated and it's basically the crappiest game ever. So I stopped playing it, I see it as one small extra way of combatting toxic anime culture.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Imagine eating pizza and not drinking Coke, jeez, what a way to ruin a great meal.

Imagine eating pizza and drinking water, gross.

Just do everything in moderation, no need to deprive yourself of the tastiest drink ever created.
Imagine thinking Cola is tasty.

Uncultured boor.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I mean it's bonkers that one dude has the sway but Coca Cola is over here also bottling fucking water like "do whatever, losers. We always winning."

And also Diet Coke is where it's at, fight me!

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
No, you don't.

Yes the rosé sour I'm sipping is the pinnacle of toxic masculinity. I only like it because I've been conditioned to enjoy its pink fruity essence by Budweiser ads that talk about football and trucks.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's bonkers that one dude has the sway but Coca Cola is over here also bottling fucking water like "do whatever, losers. We always winning."

And also Diet Coke is where it's at, fight me!
He's basically the most popular/famous person in the world, if you take Instagram followers as a metric.

screenshot_20210616-2hhjmt.png

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, you don't.

What the hell is this? lol

You might not think it's good, but I certainly do

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
All in all, Ronaldo is right and his reach is huge among youngsters. So, if this pushes them to drink more water that's good.

ON THE OTHER HAND, dude is a RAPIST ssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................................

Yeah that's not how it works at all.

Maybe like one kid out of a 1000 maybe

In the age of the internet, nothing is seen only once.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah that's not how it works at all.

Maybe like one kid out of a 1000 maybe

You are seriously downplaying the power the football players have with young ones across the globe.

I can tell you examples upon examples when I was a kid on how me and ALL my friends used and wanted to emulate football players, and that's for players from my country only, let's not talk about international players.

Now with the access all people have to the Internet, videos etc, even more so.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
No, you don't.

this is an all timer.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
You are seriously downplaying the power the football players have with young ones across the globe.

I can tell you examples upon examples when I was a kid on how me and ALL my friends used and wanted to emulate football players, and that's for players from my country only, let's not talk about international players.

Now with the access all people have to the Internet, videos etc, even more so.

No I'm downplaying that this one moment will cause substantial numbers to immediately give up coke.

Or whatever

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, you don't.

What is this take lol

How does beer perpetuate toxic masculinity?

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
You don't really like Granblue Fantasy, no one does. You were just conditioned to believe you like it by the culture of toxic anime that is prevalent in our society.

I was a victim of that too until I realized all Granblue Fantasy plays like garbage and it makes you feel bloated and it's basically the crappiest game ever. So I stopped playing it, I see it as one small extra way of combatting toxic anime culture.

This is true, but it has nothing to do with the "culture of toxic anime" but the fact that I'm subconsciously a gambling addict so I continue to play (and spend money on) gacha games.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, Soda is cigarette tier. It shouldn't be a thing.
No, you don't.

This is why "why can't y'all be normal?" posts exist

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
No, you don't.

wow, this is...wow

I need a beer after reading this one

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
No, you don't.

When you were out drinking beer I studied the blade.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
No, you don't.

What about wine?

Oct 27, 2017
No, you don't.

It's 7000 years old

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
No, you don't.

Please be a joke post.. PLEASE

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
If only people cared this much about his rape case.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a strong opinion on wine. It's cool, I guess, but I never learned to appreciate it, sadly. I would like to fix this someday.

When I drink it's generally stuff like scotch/bourbon, rum or cognac.

So toxic class masculinity then

At least beer drinkers aren't class traitors.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017

I mean toxic masculinity was a thing back then for sure. So it checks out.

If I had to imagine the origins of something as disgusting as beer it would probably start in a tribe, or a village of sorts.

Some dude is getting bullied constantly because he's not masculine enough. He hasn't killed a bear with his bare hands or some shit.

So as a practical joke, a couple of dudes are like "let's make the most disgusting drink in history and have him drink it as a faux test of masculinity"

They give him the drink "come on, it's super tasty, everyone is doing it", they say as they're winking at each other.

The poor guy doesn't want to be weak so he pretends he likes it. He downs the whole barrell! These dudes can't believe it. And they decide not to tell him the truth in fear he'll become super depressed.

So he starts drinking that shit all the time, and when he travels elsewhere he brings a barrel with hi self. He starts giving it to people with the same "masculinity" story and everyone pretends to enjoy it.

And the stuff spreds like wildfire. And that'a how the world was tricked into drinking beer.

Typing this on my phone sorry for any errors.