lukeskymac

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The more I see of this game the less cyberpunk it feels. I hope I am proven wrong.

The question is: will my 780 burst into flames trying to run this?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
NPC quality is great

6FiDVPK.gif
The game looks so damn good.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno somehow I'm not feeling this game's vibe at all. Would've preferred more of a Blade Runner-y atmosphere but oh well.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Things that stood out:

- The horrible music in the trailer
- The not-so-good voice acting
- Overuse of the word 'fuck'
- The city looks very dense

I was expecting more I guess...maybe more scifi elements.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's called Cyberpunk, the genre has a history.

And I never liked that argument. Clash of Clans makes even more money, they shouldn't cater to that, though.
A niche history. This game will define what "Cyberpunk" is for a huge number of people. Genre conventions are also allowed to change.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get these responses. What is this one sole way in which the "genre" is supposed to be portrayed? Isn't the creator behind the property contributing to the game?

There's not just one way, but that trailer is not even remotely close. The generic, terrible rock song. The utterly banal dialogue from the sidekick... it's just baaad. Sure he is, but I doubt he has much say in the trailer. We can hope the actual tone and vibe of the game is different, but that trailer is a disaster for anyone into cyberpunk.

Really, using that song in a trailer for "Cyberpunk" 2077 is just unforgivably stupid.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great.
I hope though that they stick to the premise of being able to play the game in completely different ways.
I need to see more.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
It's a terrible trailer because it's an absolute betrayal/misunderstanding of the genre the game is named for. Maybe the actual game is faaaaar different, but the trailer only communicates that they have no idea what they're doing with the property.
There's more to Cyberpunk than Deus Ex. Hell Deus Ex isn't cyberpunk at all given that you play as a supercop with both JC and Adam, there's nothing "punk" about that. And given that Mike Pondsmith has been very hands on with making this game, I'm not sure what it is that constitutes a "betrayal".

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Nothing outside of the visuals is impressive about this game. It also seems like CDPRs take on trying to mimic Rockstar but they clearly don't write well enough to pull that off. Game continues to bore me. Hey snapchat kids Keanu is in the game DID YOU KNOW THAT! He's the John Wick dude! He also says f**k a lot actually we all say it because we're an adult game! I mean did you guys see our content advisory panel. This is the cool game to play kids!

Yeah same. Why are they chasing Rockstar when they are so good at doing their own thing.

I have faith in CDPR given what they have pulled off before. Looking at a montage does make the game feel a bit overwhelming to me. That said, even at its worst, the game ought to be more responsive than R*'s titles that have issues with basic ambulation.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The world looks amazing, but the little gameplay snippets still looks a bit underwhelming I guess.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
That's really not the vibe I expected to see if i'm honest. When I think cyberpunk I think of dark, underground, dirty and bleak. This looks great but the tone seems way too upbeat for my taste. Oh well, I bet it will be great regardless, just a little disapointed.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing too much GTA attitude with cyber coat of paint in this trailer. Not what I was hoping for. Lines sounded kind of poorly acted too. Visually awesome no doubt though.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Witcher 3 had amazing writing and amazing voice acting and was quite large, made by the exact same company. I hate to say it but I feel like they're gonna massively drop the ball in those two key areas that made Witcher 3 so special.

I mean, we KNOW they dropped the ball on voice acting, everything they've been showing off has not been up to par. The only question is if the writing will suffer as well but from where I'm standing it doesn't look promising.

I agree, The Witcher 3 (which I ADORE) is the obvious frame of reference so it's troubling to see that the writing itself is so lacking in these snippets. Doesn't bode well when you blow it up to a full-game size. I honestly found the TW3 VA to be of variable quality so that was slightly more expected from my side, but I haven't really found a single character in all snippets/trailers I've seen that I'd consider outstanding.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The GTA-style tonal juvenility is offputting.

The driving reminds me of Sleepy Dogs though, so tempted to try it used.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a terrible trailer because it's an absolute betrayal/misunderstanding of the genre the game is named for. Maybe the actual game is faaaaar different, but the trailer only communicates that they have no idea what they're doing with the property.
Gotta love shit takes like this one.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Maybe it's just the trailer but it looks more a shooter/action game than an RPG?

And the fact I can't even see the character I will create... sigh.

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you can use country music and it's still a cyberpunk game. in common usage it really just means media that is set in a dingy dystopian future where technology is omnipresent. in the case of cp2077, check, check, and check.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
The Witcher 3 seems better than this and it's also a CDPR game. The Witcher 3 still has the best writing in AAA open world games.

Mimic Rockstar in which sense? TW3 was already a better open world than anything Rockstar did.

They don't write well enough? They write amazingly well.

That said the trailer hasn't shown good writing for this game but CDPR are good writers

Oh no no Witcher 3 is wayyyyy better than anything Rockstar has ever done. I just mean the writing in the trailer. Tone wise its like they are trying to ape the lightheaded nature Rockstar is always going for and it just doesn't sound right.

I have faith in CDPR given what they have pulled off before. Looking at a montage does make the game feel a bit overwhelming to me. That said, even at its worst, the game ought to be more responsive than R*'s titles that have issues with basic ambulation.

That is definitely true ha

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Tell that to Mike Pondsmith since you know so much about cyberpunk

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The hair, lighting, shadow quality, all in what will likely be the densest and most lively open world ever created? No, we haven't seen that this or any generation.
I mean this is inside a small building and the game isn't rendering the whole world all the time? We also already had similar looking or even better character models in games like God of War, Detroit, Hellblade, Death Stranding, Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil 2+3, Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 2. I really don't see how this would not run on a current gen console.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Oh no no Witcher 3 is wayyyyy better than anything Rockstar has ever done. I just mean the writing in the trailer. Tone wise its like they are trying to ape the lightheaded nature Rockstar is always going for and it just doesn't sound right.

I think they're just going after that GTA big money crowd which is smart from a business perspective, but that's definitely not what I wanted. I was hoping for more Blade Runner seriousness and less of that GTA 'satire'.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
wait, we're complaining about swearing?

i guess we're all parents or something?

FUCK!

i'm hyped, curse-words et al.
Imagine if, in the last minute of this trailer, there were quick cuts of different lines and scenes in the game and every single one said something like, "Woah!" Eight times. Wouldn't that be weird to you? I would worry somewhat about the writing quality.

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk aesthetic. Also our brain cells if that's the quality of dialogue we can expect in the actual game. I'm still wondering what any of this has to do with Deus Ex.
they hit the classic cyberpunk aesthetic ridiculously hard to the point of being retro-future. i'm surprised that's your complaint.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? The hell are you talking about? This shit is filled to the brim with "high tech low life".

I'm talking about your completely out of the blue non-sequitur about "Deus Ex isn't cyberpunk" that seems to be talking about exactly no one at all. Anyway, consider this the end of the exchange because this is a waste of time.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.

It's the balance of the fucks I think.

Had it gone overboard on the fucks, like, even end with one of them just yelling Fuuuuuuuuuck, maybe the lighthearted tongue-in-cheek nature would be better represented here

As it is, it's too little for that, and too much to be considered good writing (or not juvenile in writing).

This is just trailer impressions mind you. The final game may simply not be represented well by it.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Only complaint is the edgelord writing, everything else looks pretty cool, but for sure playing on next gen consoles, lol.