Radec

Oct 26, 2017
That timeline is rough, especially for current gen update.

Glad I got my refund lol

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This profoundly dumb game isn't worth more human hours. Put those hours into learning how to take responsibility and be better leaders.

Also, this company needs a better translation staff. The apology reads just as weird and stilted as the dialogue in the game.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Dont see why anybody is waiting on DLC on a half baked game.

That like me waiting on Anthem DLC......smh

Honestly I'd argue that the game being half-baked must make the wait for DLC that much harder.

Because unlike other games the DLC isn't going to be cool extra content; it's going to be features that should have been there to begin with like taxis, or a way to customise your character once the game starts. We're really gonna be celebrating a Cyberpunk game getting the option to customise your body lol

You are quoting the wrong person. I never said "bullshit". I agreed with the person that it sucks that content is getting pushed back to fix platforms I don't care for.

"It's bullshit," or "it sucks," doesn't matter lol; they both say the same thing and my point still stands.

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
Honestly I'd argue that the game being half-baked must make the wait for DLC that much harder.

Because unlike other games the DLC isn't going to be cool extra content; it's going to be features that should have been there to begin with like taxis, or a way to customise your character once the game starts. We're really gonna be celebrating a Cyberpunk game getting the option to customise your body lol

"It's bullshit," or "it sucks," doesn't matter lol; they both say the same thing and my point still stands.
Your point doesn't stand at all.

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

It's sad but true. A damn shame.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
It's bizarre - why won't they take ownership of the mistakes? Say you're sorry, offer the refunds, and that you're going to make it right with free upgrades - that's all you've got to do.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Q: Didn't you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?
A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we'd deliver in the final day zero update.

Every piece of this answer sounds/feels like a lie.

Litigator

Oct 31, 2017
This studio started off and grew up as a PC developer. Looks like they didn't change or adapt when they decided to become a multi platform developer.

Coming off the massive success of The Witcher 3, they done goofed hard and squandered a lot of goodwill they had built up.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
They can't come out and admit they knew the game ran like crap on old gen consoles. They'd be open to getting sued and have a real hard time of getting out of it if they did that. Anyone with half a brain knows what he said is bullshit.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Next gen patch till fall. Holy shit this game really needed a extra year in the oven.

Last edited:

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Q: Didn't you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we'd deliver in the final day zero update.

Nothing is going to make the game run better on older consoles, what a bunch of bullshit

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
OK? I'm just confused that someone who doesn't care about consoles would simultaneously care so much as to think it "sucks," that consoles are getting something before they did, but I guess that's just me.
It sucks that they are pushing back CP content/DLC to fix the game for last-gen consoles when I don't care at all about last-gen consoles. Last-gen consoles aren't getting anything before PC. Game barely works on those potato platforms

I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
As a program manager, that fuzzy black bar of "stuff happens here" that is 10-months long would not fly in any industry in the world. Now I know why their employees are always in a state of crunch, management can't even come up with more than a handful major milestones to work towards. Ugh...
Yeah, the roadmap is hilarious.

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
If you don't care at all about last-gen consoles then you shouldn't be so angry about those "potato platforms" (really??????) getting playable versions of the game before you can get extra stuff added to your own much-better version of the game. Simply take it as it is instead of seeing consoles as some antagonistic force keeping you away from something you feel entitled to. Your $60 isn't worth any more than the $60 people on PS4 and XB1 spent to play the game.
I don't care about those consoles. I care about them stopping progress on DLC, which is happening cause of the fixes they have to do. Those consoles can not get another game again and I would be perfectly fine with that

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this also means the planned Witcher 3 next gen update will see a delay? That's all I really care about.

Oct 28, 2017
12 months isn't going to fix this game, there's so much of it so undercooked and just not implemented that devs would have to crunch the entire year to put out something that isn't marginally better.

This timeline is worse than the shit I did at Risk Management 101.

I don't care about those consoles. I care about them stopping progress on DLC, which is happening cause of the fixes they have to do. Those consoles can not get another game again and I would be perfectly fine with that

Adding DLC before actually fixing the base game is pointless. That DLC would still be compromised.

Fixing the last gen versions would likely trickle over to current gen/PC if they're actually trying to fix the major problems in the game.

The game's main problem isn't its bugginess in all honesty. The problem is that they've got a game where upper management needed to shit something out for the holiday period and they developers were forced to just collect everything resembling content and throw it all together.

It shows in the writing, there's like no editor and feels like it's written by half a dozen teams in seperate rooms.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Mismanaged project from top to bottom. It's good that he clarifies that people shouldn't attack the devs for this and that the leadership takes full responsibility for releasing the game in the state that it was in.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
I'm glad I didn't buy into this garbage ass game.

Looks like I'll get it on special $9.99 later this fall on PS5 and maybe even that is too much for this piece.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a program manager, that fuzzy black bar of "stuff happens here" that is 10-months long would not fly in any industry in the world. Now I know why their employees are always in a state of crunch, management can't even come up with more than a handful major milestones to work towards. Ugh...
I wholeheartedly agree with you, but is it weird that I first thought you were talking about the time skip cutscene at the beginning of the game that shows a period of... six months? Probably for the same reason the roadmap is so vague.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to say that the road map is fucking hillarious. Who the fuck said "yeah, run with this."

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Fix the bugs, performance issues and rampant jank, and it's a solid 8/10 game. Build out some of the stuff that is currently undercooked (such as policing), and it could eventually be more than that. I mostly enjoyed my time with the game on XSX, despite the raft of issues, and can't help but wonder if I live in a pocket dimension when people talk about it like it's the worst piece of shit in history. It isn't - or at least it wasn't for me.

The game clearly needed to be delayed another year - not just for the sanity of their developers, but simply based on what they ultimately shipped. Optimization on consoles wasn't there, QA wasn't there, some systems were clearly cut for time (such as policing), next-gen versions of the game aren't going to be ready for months apparently. They probably needed to cut last-gen versions of the game altogether - it's not acceptable to just shrug and ship what they did for those people.

It makes me roll my eyes when companies put out statements or videos talking about what their values are, in response to... not living up to them. It's a lot like when executives or politicians talk about "taking responsibility", but with no actual consequences for them. It's just words at that point.

Your corporate values are established by your corporate actions - not by what you say they are. Their reputation has taken a large hit with this release... and it deserved to. Hopefully it's the shock to the system that makes them re-evaluate how they conduct themselves there more broadly.

I finished the game, and I'm happy to shelve it now until at least the next-gen update arrives, to see what's new. CDPR have rightly gotten raked over the coals for the shape the game shipped in on consoles, and their "broken promises". I hope anyone who wanted their money back, got it. Beyond that, the continuous gleeful pile-on has just gotten a little tedious to see and read everywhere, so I mostly avoid CP2077 topics now.

AriesM4rch

Oct 27, 2017
Every play session I've had with this game on PS5 has had a crash every single time. It even crashed during the credits which is just hilarious.
So them saying they've tested the console versions and found nothing wrong is pure BS.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It sucks that they are pushing back CP content/DLC to fix the game for last-gen consoles when I don't care at all about last-gen consoles. Last-gen consoles aren't getting anything before PC. Game barely works on those potato platforms

I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

"Potato platforms" + your post history is very telling.

don't know why anyone would take you seriously when you're so obviously being disingenuous.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fucking roadmap LETS GO BOYS

lmao there's no saving this. cant believe i've seen praise of this- "this is one of the most open and forthcoming public videos from a major publisher I've ever seen"- from people who should know better. did we forget anthem and rage 2's roadmaps already?

OmahaGTP

Dec 24, 2017
I have yet to open my CE edition and the last day to return is Saturday. Late next year for next gen update? Return confirmed.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Imagine throwing your QA people under the bus
Indeed. There's no way QA people didn't find out all these problems with the last gen versions. The decision makers above them chose to ignore them and launch the game anyway.

The total lack of console version review codes available before launch and them actively removing leaked gameplay from early release kinda prove they deliberately do that imo.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Same here, but in their defense it's likely they cant really estimate how long the fixes will take. Even something like Q2 could turn out to be for Q3, and so on. Assuming they're avoiding crunch, I prefer this kind of take as the teams in theory wouldnt be pushed to fix god knows how many bugs til X time frame because the higher ups said so, but my impression is that they'll still crunch to get those fixes ASAP

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
It seems pretty unlikely CDPR didn't know the console versions were crap, considering they withheld pre-release media and review copies from those versions specifically. At best it seems irresponsible to ship a version of the game that you hope will be acceptable with your day one patch, but maybe more games ship that way than I realize. Certainly there have been other high profile technical disasters over the years (Skyrim PS3, AC Unity, Arkham Knight PC, etc.).

Kind of curious how far they'll get with fixing CP2077 on XB1/PS4 in the end. The fact that they pushed the XBS/PS5 patches to Q3/4 may indicate they're prepared to spend considerable resources try to make good. It also makes the decision to ship in 2020 look even worse.

Obligatory overtime lmao 😆 what a phrase

Hey hey, he said no obligatory overtime. But he didn't say anything about "voluntary" overtime!

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
What's the point of this "roadmap"? I've never seen a more pointless roadmap--it doesn't actually tell you anything. I guess the point was to remind the "gamers" that they're getting "free DLC" at some point and look like the good guys.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, having now played the game, as a trans woman it doesn't strike me as some deeply transphobic game or anything. There's one npc in one questline that sort of makes me think it was written by a TERF, but there's also a trans woman NPC with her own substantial questline, she's voiced by a trans actress, etc. You get a cool car with a trans flag on it as a quest reward from her.

The add everyone was talking about really does just blend into the other ads in the game. Honestly, it's not even the most sexualized one.

The exploitation of workers done to make the game still sucks, though.
Which quests are these? I haven't met the trans character yet, and I don't think I've done the TERFy quest line yet.