Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
I mean, it's literally stuck to the top of every page of the OT.

Here though. Last few pages also detail a conversation that reads like it was written by a TERF and how even the decent crumb of representation is wrapped in relation to a beast. Yes – her questline, I know. They made a concerted effort to relate trans women to beasts elsewhere so when the sole trans character in the game is also related to a beast I'm not going to give grace over it. You want something to read, there you go.
Thanks, I will be reading it in a bit. Might reply further if I have any questions/you are interested in answering.
Small bugs might've fell through the cracks but crashing? Hard to believe.
Though many minor bugs in CP77 are pretty consistant. Like the Panam levitating in most of her quests and the infamous window. Its kinda weird to think that stuff lile that would have been missed.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks, I will be reading it in a bit. Might reply further if I have any questions/you are interested in answering.

Though many minor bugs in CP77 are pretty consistant. Like the Panam levitating in most of her quests and the infamous window. Its kinda weird to think that stuff lile that would have been missed.
I did not encounter the window bug but Panam levitating once I did notice in my play through.

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this statement just made things worse. Its like they thought if they put out an apology statement they could regain some of the good will they lost, but they just couldn't fucking refrain from giving excuses for their product like "QA didn't find the bugs you guys are seeing", explaining away hiding console review copies because they were "seeing improvement each day they worked on it" after earlier saying that the console versions were in a good state near the end of development (which one is it?), and continually calling PS4/Xbone "old gen consoles" when they hyped the game for 7 years as being a current gen game (so PS4 & Xbone) and not a next gen title. It all reeks of them trying to skirt responsibility for this shit while thinking if they just say "sorry" it will excuse their behavior.

In addition to that, they failed to address all of the shit wrong with the game outside of the obvious bugs and glitches, and all of the promised/advertised content that they stripped from the game. The AI, driving and Police systems are worse than a Lego City game and each was hyped up before release as being revolutionary. They were hyping clothing and how varied it would be and how it would impact your standing in the city, weeks before release mind you, knowing full well that wasn't true in the final game. Car customization. Countless stuff from gameplay reveals between 2018 and now that was shown and isn't in the final game. The fact that they didn't address any of that in this "apology" makes me think they A) don't think its a problem and B) have zero plans to fix or add any of it.

They can fix the bugs and glitches all they want, but they won't be adding in better AI, crafting, police system, driving and car upgrades, etc.

Also they promised a next gen upgrade "early 2021", a lot of people bought the game for PS5/Xbox banking on getting that upgrade. Now it seems to be pushed to "second half of 2021" which could mean anywhere up until December. Come the fuck on lol. Who the hell is making the timelines and goals in this company? I have worked for large companies my entire career (pharma/science) and planning like this just reeks if incompetence. How many times are they going to set a deadline for something and just change it. Set realistic fucking deadlines in the first place.

All in all though, the thing that pisses me off the most is that they are trying to say they didn't experience the issues on "old gen" that customers are seeing. You can bet your ass QA definitely encountered all of these bugs, including the abysmal performance, and continually notified their superiors. For them to sort of throw QA under the bass is pretty fucked.

Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time, and i just completed Cyberpunk on PC (the version they are "proud of") and I liked it quite a bit despite feeling its an unfinished game with tons missing. But damn did they even make me, a huge CDPR fan, annoyed with this statement. Like just say sorry, its inexcusable and we will fix it. Don't skirt blame or make excuses.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for the official next gen release to jump in. Really excited to play since it seems the game is amazing barring the game breaking bugs.

:cc

Jan 4, 2021
There are people on /r/LowSodiumCyberpunk defending the lack of AI which is mind boggling.

That sub is a complete joke, especially when r/cyberpunk has a somewhat balanced amount of praise, hatred, and indifference to the game.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying the game, but going so far as to create an echo chamber to ignore criticisms and defend CDPR at all costs is deranged.

What's especially ironic is that cyberpunk media is often based around or feature themes of anti-capitilism. Yet that sub will do everything in their power to defend the multi-million dollar corporation while blaming consumers for "unrealistic expectations", "over exaggerations", and "just wanting to hate/see CDPR fail."

Oct 27, 2017
London
I'm going to unsub from LowSodium because even though r/cyberpunkgame was full of constant negative threads about the game, people are actually starting to discuss the game now on there, and LowSodium has gone the opposite way constantly defending the indefensible and sucking off cdprojekt. They're saying dumb shit like "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU EXPECTED IT'S NOT GTA V!" like come the fuck on all other open world not-GTA games which have a large part of the game being driving have car AI and games like Sleeping Dogs released 8 YEARS AGO. I'm not asking for GTA level AI, I'm just asking for something that works in the first place and is functional!

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for the official next gen release to jump in. Really excited to play since it seems the game is amazing barring the game breaking bugs.

Actualy if they correct, the balancing, RPG mechanic and make the game run decent on ps5, sure i'll give a go. but i still think 6-10 month will not be enough.....

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
How was this playable for them on base ps4? The launch version was a joke, the worst ps4 game I have ever played
So glad I got my money back
And besides the beta version state of the game, the game is mediocre at best, yet another cyberpunk paint on a game that tries to be part of that genra but fails on so many levels

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
I enjoyed my time with the game overall but it did have numerous issues. The bugs were awful on the series x at times so I can only imagine the base X1 and PS4. I will admit though I think it was along my expectations as I assumed it was gonna be what it was. I didn't follow a lot of the developments. They should have just come out and said new Gen/pc only

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
What's especially ironic is that cyberpunk media is often based around or feature themes of anti-capitilism. Yet that sub will do everything in their power to defend the multi-million dollar corporation while blaming consumers for "unrealistic expectations", "over exaggerations", and "just wanting to hate/see CDPR fail."
Not to mention the dude they threw out with the puppy dog eyes is (was?) a billionaire lol.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018

Bugs are waaay to consistent to even humor the idea of them having somehow missed it. Every single time I've seen someone play the street kid intro, cop cars slide through the parking garage walls. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Completely unmissable.

SickNasty

Mar 18, 2020
So in a nutshell, 'we made this for teh epic pc gamers and if you aren't one of those, go fuck yourself.' Cool, thanks CDPR, real cool.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
So in a nutshell, 'we made this for teh epic pc gamers and if you aren't one of those, go fuck yourself.' Cool, thanks CDPR, real cool.
Which is a lie, to be totally honest. The PC version, while it can look and run much better than the console versions due to bruteforcing with stronger hardware, still succumbs to all the same bugs and underdeveloped gameplay systems that mar the console versions.

But repeating this lie, which is harder to call them out on due to most people not having high end PC hardware, is better than admitting that actually every version of the game they shipped on Dec 10 is subpar.

SickNasty

Mar 18, 2020
Which is a lie, to be totally honest. The PC version, while it can look and run much better than the console versions due to bruteforcing with stronger hardware, still succumbs to all the same bugs and underdeveloped gameplay systems that mar the console versions.

But repeating this lie, which is harder to call them out on due to most people not having high end PC hardware, is better than admitting that actually every version of the game they shipped on Dec 10 is subpar.

It is super bizarre to me that they're doubling down on the idea that apparently having to release console versions took them by surprise and they were totally unprepared for it, as if there aren't about 8 years of documentation on the internet of them talking about console versions, doing marketing deals with microsoft, boasting about what the power of the PS4 can do, etc. What do they intend to accomplish by just lying through their teeth about it?

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I see a lot of parallels with this fiasco and the ill-fated Fyre Festival. If you haven't watched the documentary on this absolute disaster, I highly recommend it.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/the-movie...aw-dropping-fyre-festival-documentary-2435071

The similarities are striking: Starting out as a legit project, but then increasingly facing setbacks due to mismanagement and incompetence, they advertised the festival as something 100x bigger than it turned out to be. While cutting back on literally everything, they never adjusted the marketing to reflect this, keeping up the façade until festival goers arrived at the site, often empty-handed. It was announced to be on Pablo Escobar's island, with festival goers promised to have private villas or luxury yurts to sleep in, with gastronomic food, etc. Location was moved, private villas didn't happen, yurts were shit army rescue tents, food you wouldn't serve to your dog. Employees and contractors crunched and were underpaid. Armies of influencers promoted the festival based on the creator's lies. It was a catastrophy and ended up getting cancelled one day in, people furious and asking for refunds.

Rings a bell?

The creator of the Fyre Festival is currently serving a jail sentence for fraud because of this. If there was any justice in this world, the CDPR owners would face the same. If there are no consequences, game developers are just going to continue to promote their games using completely bullshit promises they know they won't ever fulfill.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Don't see why I would believe anything CDPR has to say. I will hear it, but I won't listen.
Their "dear gamers" pandering continues to be embarrassing and pathetic.
They continue not giving a fuck about reaching out to the trans community.
Only seem interested in getting gamers™ back on their side.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Stop crunch!

*Updates scheduled to take a long time*

Wtf, lol so shitty and slow!

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Stop crunch!

*Updates scheduled to take a long time*

Wtf, lol so shitty and slow!

why is it so much to ask that the dev team update the game so that there aren't so many game breaking bugs and crashes? they had four years to make this game, there's no excuse for it being in the state that it's in (especially with how big CDPR is).

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
why is it so much to ask that the dev team update the game so that there aren't so many game breaking bugs and crashes? they had four years to make this game, there's no excuse for it being in the state that it's in (especially with how big CDPR is).

My comment less about that, more about the next gen update coming in late 2021.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
"We're sorry our Q&A team sucks, although they probably don't and we just ignored them" basically.

ResidentBio

Banned
Jan 1, 2018
You say that like people should be happy when a company is actively deceitful in selling a broken, incomplete (relative to what was sold) and buggy product to them.

What I'm saying is that a good chunk of people would not change their minds. This goes beyond gaming. You can see in current society. Once you settle on something, you play your guns to the very end. What I'm saying is that they shouldn't bother with this type of content. Just fix their game to the best of their abilities.

But of course, I'm not saying they did not screw up. They should have never target ps4 and box among other things. They got Greedy.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
What I'm saying is that a good chunk of people would not change their minds. This goes beyond gaming. You can see in current society. Once you settle on something, you play your guns to the very end. What I'm saying is that they shouldn't bother with this type of content. Just fix their game to the best of their abilities.

But of course, I'm not saying they did not screw up. They should have never target ps4 and box among other things. They got Greedy.
I can see that. I think the adage of it being easier to ask for forgiveness than get permission is true here as well. I do think that if they did focus on producing a quality release it would be able to change the minds of many within their fanbase (of those that were turned sour by the move).

Though my guess would be they're aware just how fundamentally short they are in being able to get to that stage that it's untenable to hold silence for that long. It wouldn't surprise me to see some of these timelines slip.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
So...

> No addressing the transphobic content in the game
> No addressing the fact that reviewers were forced by CDPR to use B-roll footage and thus intentionally deceived their audience
> No addressing the cut content and broken game mechanics
>> And all of this after the fact that their sister company GOG has still not addressed their bowing to China and pulling Devotion from their store while deceitfully attributing it to "THE GAMERZ"

This statement is complete horseshit and such a weak attempt at damage control.

The Fyre Festival of videogames, folks.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because right now the only accomplishment they can pretend to have is that the PC version is actually great and its just the console versions that are bad, and most people won't be able to call them out on that because the vast majority of people don't have the PC hardware to see that, even if the game is looking and running better, it's still a fucking mess in terms of bugs and underdeveloped gameplay systems.

Exactly. Even if the game was as polished as Doom Eternal, the game would still be mediocre at best due to underdeveloped world, AI, and mechanics.They are trying to position themselves as if all the issues around the game are all related to performance or bugs. "Hey! Once we fix the last gen console issues, you will have the great game we promised."

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
I'm currently playing on 1S and it's acceptable. My mayor issue is that it freezes for a couple of seconds when you ping a place with several interactive objects and that crashes are quite frequent, I have at I least one every five hours.

Despite that I'm having a lot of fun, it's an amazing work they have done there and hope they fix the issues sooner than later. I'm definitely playing it again with the next Gen version is released.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
C'mon with that jab at QA... I don't believe him. Yeah, tests run by QA can miss some things, but (I haven't played the game) watching walkthroughs... there is no way they missed those issues on consoles. They are so obvious and don't look like they take much to reproduce. Unless the builds given to QA were... nah, not going down that road. I just don't believe it.

I'm more willing to believe they just wanted to meet their deadline. They probably got a lot of bugs in their database that they still need to look at too.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Watched the video. Yeah its unfortunate the game is so raw on consoles because I've had a blast on PC

I put in 70 hrs on PC version on my first playthrough. Prepping for my second playthrough with a different character. Hopefully they'll resolve the issues for the next gen version cause my bro and I having a blast with the game on PC.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
This is how product development works. Nothing unusual here. As a Product manager I'm all too familiar with making a promise that can't be kept due to an unforeseen circumstance (employee sick, uncover an unknown during development). Customers cry in either situation but a more vague approach always lessens the number of unhappy people. Customers not able to understand an ETA, note Estimated, is what leads to this type of chart or no chart altogether.

The chart is definitely not put together by an intern. The message it conveys in which quarter the release is scheduled for. Quarterly planning and release cycles are the norm.

I see, good to know. Hope they can fix the game by 2022.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Even if they get the game running at a perfect 60 FPS on last-gen consoles, and squash every single bug, that doesn't fix it.
  • It doesn't address the racist, transphobic, and sexist content throughout the game.
  • It doesn't address the terrible writing, voice acting, and quest design in the game.
  • It doesn't address that the "open world" is nothing more than a backdrop for heavily scripted sequences to play out in, and there is nothing to do outside of missions.
It would still be a bad game.

Hexcalibur

Jun 24, 2020
I'm going to unsub from LowSodium because even though r/cyberpunkgame was full of constant negative threads about the game, people are actually starting to discuss the game now on there, and LowSodium has gone the opposite way constantly defending the indefensible and sucking off cdprojekt. They're saying dumb shit like "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU EXPECTED IT'S NOT GTA V!" like come the fuck on all other open world not-GTA games which have a large part of the game being driving have car AI and games like Sleeping Dogs released 8 YEARS AGO. I'm not asking for GTA level AI, I'm just asking for something that works in the first place and is functional!

I went there for the same reasons as you, but left a couple weeks ago when they were defending the shitty black customization options or lack thereof. One guy shared a picture to show off all the black characters he made and they all looked like twins lmfao.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
We, the management are taking full responsibility! Now let me stealth throw Q&A under the bus for the next five minutes!

Fuck off David Guetta.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
There are people on /r/LowSodiumCyberpunk defending the lack of AI which is mind boggling.

There's no defending it. I'm not sure how anyone could defend it with a straight face.

It's as if they found a few computer science freshman to program all enemy AI in the game. That's how bad it is. It feels like it's just a handful of If/Else statements.

If player kills pedestrian, spawn cops. If player starts shooting, pedestrian freezes. If object blocks car path, stop. Check if object is still there, if it is...stay stopped. That's it. That's literally all the AI can do. This would be bad in an indie game in 2020, yet we're talking about it in what is supposed to be an AAA title.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
There's no defending it. I'm not sure how anyone could defend it with a straight face.

It's as if they found a few computer science freshman to program all enemy AI in the game. That's how bad it is. It feels like it's just a handful of If/Else statements.

If player kills pedestrian, spawn cops. If player starts shooting, pedestrian freezes. If object blocks path, stop. That's it. That's literally all the AI can do. This would be bad in an indie game in 2020, yet we're talking about it in what is supposed to be an AAA title.
Not just an AAA title. They hyped this game up to be the AAA title.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Actualy if they correct, the balancing, RPG mechanic and make the game run decent on ps5, sure i'll give a go. but i still think 6-10 month will not be enough.....
I know nothing about game creation but since the game is done and it is all about fixing bugs, I would think that it is enough time but who knows.
Watched the video. Yeah its unfortunate the game is so raw on consoles because I've had a blast on PC

I put in 70 hrs on PC version on my first playthrough. Prepping for my second playthrough with a different character. Hopefully they'll resolve the issues for the next gen version cause my bro and I having a blast with the game on PC.
A couple of my friends have been playing it and they are having a blast too. One is on Xbox One X which surprised me but it feels like some are having more issues than others. I personally chose to wait for the next gen version before we found out how broken the last gen version was.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I wholeheartedly agree with you, but is it weird that I first thought you were talking about the time skip cutscene at the beginning of the game that shows a period of... six months? Probably for the same reason the roadmap is so vague.
LOL, "let's time skip cause no one told us what should happen here, guys!"

Nov 21, 2017
I like the game and have beaten it but this bullshit. How do you not know that the game is so buggy? It's buggy on all platforms.