Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Damn that's a bummer. Outside of Animal Crossing it was the only big game I was looking forward to this year.

....more time for Animal Crossing. :D

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By requesting a couple of days off from work to play my most anticipated game in a decade I'm not respecting myself?

I don't mean to overstate my anger, this isn't ruining my week or anything. And I'm not calling for the heads of CDPR or anything like that. Like I said, take all the time you need. I just think a bigger heads up is reasonable.
Sorry I was replying with the same energy you had. LOL All I can say is don't get so upset about the things outside of your control and learn from this experience and adjust to make things in your control work more in your favor. So I would wait to ask for vacation time more closer to the release date. Perhaps wait till when they announce the game has gone gold.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Would be interesting to see how many launch sales they end up losing, as I'd imagine a handful of people will just wait an extra couple of months for next gen consoles.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly for the best considering how many people are going to want to upgrade their PCs for Cyberpunk. Good chance we get new GPUs and CPUs by then.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
My finals are the week after this was supposed to come out. Maybe I would have failed them if this released.

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
This delay might persuade me to bump my new PC build timeline up to late summer 2020. Depends what CPU / GPU announcements there are in the next few months.

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
What are people basing their hopes on concerning the possibility of PS5/XBX versions? I mean, CDPR hasn't said anything about this. For all we know, they may never appear. Or maybe they will, but only in a year-later GOTY version!

eternalblue

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I wasn't very concerned with FFVII Remake's date being changed (aside from the fact that it's a holiday weekend that could affect shipments). With how little has come out about Cyberpunk lately, I was certain it would be delayed as well.

As disappointing as it can be to wait, it would be far more disappointing for the game to come out without the time needed to give it polish. I'm glad that there's more breathing room between a lot of these games now, too.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Le sigh. Hopefully this is great game, I preordered it on digital so I'm playing this when it does comes out.

thaigrocer

Nov 7, 2017
Oh no... *stares at massive backlog* oh no..

I'd rather they release when it's so good that I end up buying 2-3 copies in a lifetime without hesitation.

Next up is HL:Alyx! Place your bets!

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
If Cyberpunk ends up being available on next gen consoles at launch, I'll just wait the extra month or two instead of playing a hobbled version on my PS4.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
They can take as long as they need imo. I've been waiting for cyberpunk since 2013 I can wait another couple years if need be, as long as it takes for them to fullfil their original vision.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Fair enough but it's not an eight month delay.

Look on the bright side, at least you're not me - I just spent a small fortune getting a gaming PC ready for April :(
I really can't express in mere words how depressed this news has made me. I've been waiting for a Cyberpunk 2020 video game since playing the tabletop pen & paper game in the 90s and for over 8 years since the original announcement from CD Projekt Red in 2012.

I know it's just an additional 5 months [8 months in total of waiting😐😤] but it's completely ruined an already ridiculously stressful day. I'm a grown man [chronologically], but mentally I feel like salt and lemon juice have been poured into the wound😢

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I frickin bought a 2080 for this game and Watch dogs... :'(((

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I told you Cyberpunk 2077 would be the next to get delayed in the FFVIIR delayed thread.

It's a good thing.

*Wouldn't want it released in a bad state.
*The new release date is much closer to next-gen console launches, which will be 2 months later.
*Now there's a very high chance Nvidia Ampere GPUs will be out around the same time so RTX on at 60fps becomes a possibility.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a world where both the consumer and developer are satisfied with a delay to make a game better. God, that's the kind of world I want to live in. A complete, polished product at launch?! It has been a while since I could rely on that concept.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
If they feel like it is too buggy then I trust them. I just replayed witcher 3 and there's several quests that break based on conditional logic.

I had to use console to addfact ti a bunch of stuff.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
JD-82iWGyeJmZ6yWCOSOaDit_XJEO8JynitatdktC2J4SZDVvsjU5hbWEyB1X8wTYlH6eiHc6n3g5hLeCAP-GZeVJMWavnBbS3nHeiq5HQ1qo1T0qdSYjwqXu-P_AW3Q6_Gq-XOK9cB3cH9h7K055yxqcdYycS5alWaVc2DYR2AJQcNhPiTYnhB99EfTO95IJSXk0YiEpjNOMyYnKwh4F29IiyDOvKfDsuSkoUhyAlzplUGnAw9-wEm0kXyjIdvLsJr_24dz1xV7ROReixNTAG4RrZ_v0UvDbLWZ7ZKkDnEkIRuH7VEMJTLi5-rAKsrHHBoTiweT1mbGm5AESGbR1-UruWywzh3p-RysUCjNlBBI1wBouPF164M_RGktl0xT17Sm9zQqV4bT6QjCmnj2I6R3zk1vhk8FNwQ5PMNRdE4YYEr5WHHURimQHZJDP7D5jx03IaaJsA5LYhxcbWpcLEanU1G173rHOtgD5--vVtgoJrqj-PGMiU57C8XsilSlogOHYyjTiGPssUlSi1_57vP8wgE4zeAlV93M5jltNqq1Zr85dI2UqgMqkLCF9DCEOkuCP1p0NjUc5GopTlu_8rRcgWMbiyzSadwmyfju2JM8Q51skDvBBbzOr7DamnJQfsLBQrzxmYHEFwX3YoVsNlzZQEIVvO0U4rxKrN1JUSADg2aFIJqhriY=w1260-h2240-no

Wtf?!?

This is from the transcript of the press conference CD Projekt Red had with press and investors minutes after breaking the delay news.

Full transcript & audio of the call can be found here.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
If they feel like it is too buggy then I trust them. I just replayed witcher 3 and there's several quests that break based on conditional logic.

I had to use console to addfact ti a bunch of stuff.
I feel it will still be buggy at release, I think it just comes with the territory for these type of games, but the less buggy it is the better.