• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Well, it's probably the same people defending them in the cis cosplayer affair, so it kinda evens out. They are the shitstains you're cuddling with. Enjoy.

This comment is absolutely disgusting

Tell me how the devs crunching and working 100 hours a week are to blame to management's and marketing's fuck ups when it comes to transgenders? Yes that shit is awful but celebrating people sending death threats makes you just as bad.

Varth

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
This comment is absolutely disgusting

Tell me how the devs crunching and working 100 hours a week are to blame to management's and marketing's fuck ups when it comes to transgenders? Yes that shit is awful but celebrating people sending death threats makes you just as bad.

Not sure how calling them "shitstains" is celebrating. Devs should NOT pay the price for the company fuckups, but the company IS raising and cuddling a fanbase of idiots.

AJUK

May 28, 2019
It's just stupid idiots posting for attention, which they have now received.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
death threats

the (shockingly) common calling card representing 'gamers'

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I don't think that's true that gamers think crunch and transphobia are "fine".
Have you seen the outrage on this forum about it?
You mean the topics that the majority of people excited for the game are content to talk around and ignore?

Really don't need some #NotAllGamers stance. It's pretty obvious what's being spoken to when people refer to 'gamers' negatively. There's a significant contingent of the community that reject anything that gets between them and what they perceive as being their hobby. Be that social issues, women, game delays or journalists being critical of the companies that produce them.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Why, how do you let yourself get SO heated at a game, that you decide to threaten people like this?

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Death threats = Not ok
Transphobia = Not ok
Crunch = Not ok

Simple.

Stop with the poor attempts at a "gotcha".

They're all shitty things to deal with, or stances to take, just because a few fuckheads at CDPR believe one thing doesn't mean everyone there does and certainly doesn't mean everyone over there deserves to fear for their lives or their families.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Says something about how little is going on in Gamerz(tm)' lives if a game delay elicits these types of wack emotions.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Get worked to death or get death threats? Why not both? Become a game developer today!
It's a miracle games get made.

And when they respond to these shitheads they have to treat them with kid gloves, out of fear of making things worse.
Placating these gamers is just sad to see. There should be consequences.

I don't know how feasible it is to get legal action going in situations like these. It never seems to happen, so probably not very.
CDPR could tag the offending posts so people can report them. They should at the very least get banned from Twitter.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Do any transgender people work at CDPR? Imagine them misrepresenting the transgender community so bad over and over, then you have to crunch so much that it risks your health and mental state and then you get death threats from these sad fucks who cant wait 3 more weeks.

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how Gamers(tm) will mobilise when it's something they give a shit about.

Devastating crunch? Fine

Multiple instances of transphobia? Fine

Three week delay? FUCKING DIE YOU ASSHOLES!

On topic: sending death threats is fucking stupid and unacceptable, even if it's to the people at fault for all of the above (the upper management, not the dev team).
What I came here to say.

Really disgusting.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Take as much time as you need, CDPR. We've waited for this game for, what, half a decade? If a month's delay can alleviate the horrible stress of crunch hours, then I welcome the delay.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine getting your head kicked in by random passers by while you already have it caught in an ever tightening vice... Cant imagine what this does to an individual devs morale when they hear this even though this sorta of thing is sadly normalized in the industry.

Worked to the bone and then people dont even have the decency to treat you like a fucking human being.

Varth

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
It evens out?
Threat of death?

Wow

Clearly my point didn't come across as intended. For the last time: death threats are unacceptable period. Harrassing workers is unacceptable period.
All I'm saying is CDPR as a company has a responsibility in this. I think the people defending them in the cis model fiasco and those sending death threats to them overlap.

Don't think I can or want to explain it better than that. Anyway, reported my own post to mods.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Gamers and Star Wars fanatics. They keep trying to outdo each other in their toxicity. Quite the battle.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the game is delayed until February and CDPR gives their developers a full month off with pay in December.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Take as much time as you need, CDPR. We've waited for this game for, what, half a decade? If a month's delay can alleviate the horrible stress of crunch hours, then I welcome the delay.
It doesn't mean that though as they'll be continuing to crunch through it. Delays largely exacerbate crunch, not alleviate it.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
The logic of the people making death threats against CDProjekt Red in this instance baffles me.

So you're saying you want to kill them because they're not making the game you want fast enough? How fast exactly do you believe they will make the game after you kill them? 🤔

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
The gaming community continues to be trash in general. Shocking.

I feel for the devs. Crunching their assess off just to have some douchebags send death threats their way because the game was delayed for 21 days. Awful stuff.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
This is why gamers get treated as they do.

The industry's abusive hype cycle is part to blame for spinning these type of people out of control though. They need to learn to EASE OFF on the intensity of the hype cycle and stop predating people with their psychological bullshit.

Nobody deserves death threats for creating games, but the industry needs to STOP kicking the hornets nest, they UNDERSTAND what they're doing and WHO they're doing it to, they spend TONS of money figuring out EXACTLY who their marketing is targeting.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
r/cyberpunkgame has been pretty wild the last day. Nor surprised at all that people are making threats over the delay.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Damn.

Someone literally typed "I will burn you alive if you don't release the game." This is insane and fucked up. I suppose "it's just a game" doesn't really mean much to people who obviously have some real issues and need to spend a little time behind bars.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the horrible shit going on in the world, you send death threats for a 3 week delay for a fucking video game?

Death threats are always pathetic but this is especially horrid. I wonder if those same people will be sending the same threats to outlets that give GOTY to TLOU2 over Cyberpunk, judging by reactions from June.

Fuck these people

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
qZALECg.jpg

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Ignoring your company's culture of transphobia is pathetic
Sending death threats to anybody is pathetic
Grinding your workforce to the bone is pathetic

There's not a single winner when it comes to Cyberpunk 2077.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately this kind of shit is just expected now. Like I'm legit not surprised.

You know outside of the general "how awful do you have to be" to threaten someone or their family over a game...but there's the logical "how will the devs ever finish if they are dead" part

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
Some gamers are so toxic. One of our marketing team recently got the following message "You're cunt and you should fucking die for wasting my time"
Why? One link in a CTA was broken.