RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Thats still not a great excuse. The guy is a professional presenter and I would think would trained himself out of all the "But like" "But Umm" "And Umm"

He was saying more Umms than a teenager who didn't practice their class presentation. I appreciate him giving good impressions, it was just weird to see such a professional guy speaking like that. I assume he could also be tired and didn't have a lot of time to play it before giving his impressions. He did say he took notes.
I normally dont even notice a few "Umm" or "Like", but he was out of control with it.
Lol if you want to give off the cuff remarks on camera to thousands for about 30 straight minutes then go right ahead. Honestly Geoff did way better job at hyping me on this game than the stream, hearing his anecdotes were great.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017

Lol if you want to give off the cuff remarks on camera to thousands for about 30 straight minutes then go right ahead. Honestly Geoff did way better job at hyping me on this game than the stream, hearing his anecdotes were great.

Holy hell, you two. I like Doritos Pope as much as the next guy and I agree his impressions have been the best Cyberpunk impressions I've seen even compared to CDPR's. I'm just saying Jeff was talking like he had a gun held to his head. I often have to give and host webinars to 50-100 people a couple times a month. Sometimes I dont get a lot of time to prep. Even in my worst showings I didn't give as many Umms as Jeff did. He is normally great at speaking, this time he seemed a little off.

He was clearly a little tired from planning other things and his impressions are appreciated.

May 26, 2018
plot twist: its actually "standard" and "enhanced" — where enhanced means ribbed.

B5GbPS0CcAATJRa.png

Oct 28, 2017
Holy hell, you two. I like Doritos Pope as much as the next guy and I agree his impressions have been the best Cyberpunk impressions I've seen even compared to CDPR's. I'm just saying Jeff was talking like he had a gun held to his head. I often have to give and host webinars to 50-100 people a couple times a month. Sometimes I dont get a lot of time to prep. Even in my worst showings I didn't give as many Umms as Jeff did. He is normally great at speaking, this time he seemed a little off.

He was clearly a little tired from planning other things and his impressions are appreciated.

Perhaps you do something even more irritating, who knows. Can't be an impartial judge of yourself.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where is those negative impressions?I read Polygon and Kotaku,while not all praise,they are positive.
I suppose my expectations were so high that I expected every single aspect of the game to be a 10/10 whereas several previews mention shortcomings. Just slightly disappointed to hear that the controls aren't perfect but I'm hoping that can be chalked up to the streaming delivery of the demo.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
This is going to sound a bit weird, but why can't general public see like 10-20 minutes of unedited gameplay ? or any gameplay from the influencers and press. We got a 3 minute trailer and some Observer style minigame and that's it.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
This is going to sound a bit weird, but why can't general public see like 10-20 minutes of unedited gameplay ? or any gameplay from the influencers and press. We got a 3 minute trailer and some Observer style minigame and that's it.

Because general public tends to do some real shit takes and overblow even minor issues so imagine hellhole we would be in with very buggy build that press played if they showed it in full...

Oct 26, 2017

Most outlets had to play the streaming version which has very bad graphics because you know, streaming.

The few outlets that got to play in person probably can't show it because the game still needs more polish.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the Alanah Pearce Q&A and she confirmed that cyberpsychos (like in the 2013 teaser) are still in the game and that you can hunt them down (she said it plays out a bit like Monster Hunter). They have different tiers in difficulty and the one she killed had a sniper rifle that shoots through walls as a reward.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Is there a list of "influencers" in the game? I know Jesse and Cohh are in it, and this is all getting a bit weird haha.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is going to sound a bit weird, but why can't the general public see like 10-20 minutes of unedited gameplay ? or any gameplay from the influencers and press. We got a 3-minute trailer and some Observer style minigame and that's it.
It's wild the only impressions we got from the press "talking" about their experience. It seems more like their trying to increase hype through excited word of mouth letting imaginations run wild. So people aren't spoiled and can experience the rush of everything at once for themselves.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
Have any of the previews talked about doing non-standard stuff? Like ignoring the plot and going off-path, trying to get into other areas or seeing how many buildings you can enter?

May 26, 2018
Geoff is talking about how fresh and unique the game feels, yet people here calling it a GTA wannabe, LOL

Geoff did mention it as being like a GTA Deus Ex Skyrim hybrid, so it's not like the idea slipped his mind.

Still haven't seen much (if any?) footage of V causing havoc in the open world, though. Like... do we have any idea how that environment works? Is it reactive? Open world systems at play?

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Geoff did mention it as being like a GTA Deus Ex Skyrim hybrid, so it's not like the idea slipped his mind.

Still haven't seen much (if any?) footage of V causing havoc in the open world, though. Like... do we have any idea how that environment works? Is it reactive? Open world systems at play?
You get police attention if you start making shit, but, if you don't have the stats you can't start shit, i've read that you can't steal cars if you lack some stats, its interesting.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
More from Alanah Pearce:

- No loading screens.
- Movement is a lot smoother than The Witcher 3.
- Player is nearly always in control of the camera, even during dialogue.
- Lots of dialogue. Spent way more time talking than shooting. A ton of customization options. Says it's nothing like GTA.
- You can choose between circumsized and non-circumsized penis.
- You can get through most encounters without killing anyone at all.
- One of the quests she played has 7 different outcomes. (I think this is the Maelstrom quest from the first demo)
- The more you use a weapon, the more you specialize in it.

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
You get police attention if you start making shit, but, if you don't have the stats you can't start shit, i've read that you can't steal cars if you lack some stats, its interesting.

During some of released gameplay footage you can see XP info on left side.

Handgun and level XP going up as player deals damage / uses weapon.

I think there is a lot skills to pick from that determine a lot of your playstyle, like in Deus Ex etc.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

You made a paragraph rant about someone saying "Umm" and you give them the "holy hell"? lol

I could understand if this were pre recorded, but it was a casual off the cuff dialogue, not a presentation or business seminar. Chill out, he did fine and informed us on plenty. I'm grateful.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Maybe a CDPR rep was standing next to him. With a gun ;)