• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Another game that had a "play for X amount of time, go wherever you want" preview was Breath of the Wild at E3 2016.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Geoff has timed his Summer Game Fest stream for CP77 to go live June 25, 6:45 PM EEST (5:45 PM CEST / 11:45 AM EDT).

If that Chinese source is accurate then previews go live 1 AM CST which is 7 PM CEST / 1 PM EDT.

That would put event into about hour for duration as Geoff's pre-show roll usually is 15 minutes.

Edit: Geoff's strim will be here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AePkuNf_53I

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
If the game ends up looking just like the "old build" footage but they deliver on scope and choice, I will be more than okay with that.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
So maybe like:

Trailer - 3 minutes
Gameplay - 12 minutes
Chat with devs - 10 minutes

Also confirms more episodes in the future, so we won't see everything this time.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

"First episode"?

Cool if they keep this format and use Night City Wire as "news station" to show off new gameplay and features as marketing progresses.

Also interesting that they brought braindance in as feature, it was one of those debated things if devs would do it.

About braindance
The braindance is similar in nature to the Netrunner's interface, in that it allows, via neural transmission, a person to fully and realistically experience an alternate reality. Unlike the interface a Netrunner uses, the perceptions are not created from the users brain, but rather from the recorded thoughts, memories, and physical sensations of another person.

Originally developed as a method of aversion programming for convicted criminals and later as a military simulator, the Braindance is one of the most popular form of entertainment.
cyberpunk.fandom.com

Braindance

A braindance, commonly abbreviated to BD, is a technology that allows to record and play back someone's experience, including their physical sensations, emotions, and thoughts. Braindances were invented by Yuriko Sujimoto in 2007, and were heavily used in psychological treatment. Braindances...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Higher quality from their discord, converted into high bitrate webm and uploaded to Gfycat.

Make sure to swap to HD!

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Badlands at night

11eqynv23v651.png

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Doesn't bode well... only 25 minutes... with trailer and filmed discussion
That's not generous at all.
bummer.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Yeah, an hour would've been ideal.

But the silver lining is that we will get more Night City WIRE events - and a ton of hands-on impressions as well.

The hands on impressions... i'd rather they gave us whom preordred at day 1 early cloud access to be honest and make our own opinion. (even though i wouldn't have been able to participate because of my poor internet) .

Beggars cannot be choosers ... and the dystopia that is this situation is in line with the universe anyway :)

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even with the previews, is anyone esles hype severely slashed with the delays. Im having a hard time caring about the game since then, im sure ill feel differently in october, but now it feels very difficult for me to care about it. Especially considering another delay isnt out of the question

Knowing how much better it'll look on next-gen combined with them saying a full next-gen upgrade won't be available at launch (a smaller one will), I'm definitely holding off until the definitive version is available.

I'm more interested than hyped.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Better hope they have V rigged for full range of TP animations needed for anykind TP mod. Then hope modders can work around things like map, interactions, dialogue scenes etc. being designed around FP.

Having both isn't just some parameter you swap from 0 to 1 and done.

GTAV and RDR2 are designed for TP gameplay and it shows when you pop into FP, scales of the world is awkward and feels off because it's scaled to compensate for TP view and hover camera.
Oh obviously it isn't, especially with things like scaling. I actually don't mind FP, it's not a dealbreaker, however for just roaming around I wouldn't mind TP, especially since it seems there won't barely be any moments where will see our character, which kinda puts the entire concept of customisation into question (don't worry, I will spend ages in that customisation screen though haha).

I wouldn't mind something like in Skyrim, where the game is obviously designed for FP to the point where it feels awkward to use TP, but you still have the option to switch whenever.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
This and the other thread are going to be busy today lol!

I'm going to be keeping a close eye on all the hands-on impressions that trickle in after the Night City WIRE event and I will update the OP as quickly as possible :)