• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hopefully the next gem in gaming after RDR2.

So when the work of developers is talked about, it should be overshadowed by people's anger because of a non-apology regarding bad tweets that were not made by the guys working on the game? And this isn't derailment?

Some of you even asking/wishing it to be brought up everytime they do something, that's crazy to me, some making fools of themselves by becoming more extreme than the accused.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Look how quickly people forgot about Rockstar after their debacle, I'm sure by the next CP2077 trailer, it will be kumbaya.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is my most anticipated game. Though TLOU2, Sekiro and SMTV are equally anticipated.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Now that RDR2 is out, it's probably my most anticipated game, or at least up there with Sekiro and Death Stranding. The gameplay video diminished my hype a bit (the exterior space of the world is gorgeous but the interior spaces, characters, dialog, and story presented all seemed really bland) but I'm still hopeful the end product will have the epic vibe of the reveal trailer.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the next gem in gaming after RDR2.

So when the work of developers is talked about, it should be overshadowed by people's anger because of a non-apology regarding bad tweets that were not made by the guys working on the game? And this isn't derailment?

Some of you even asking/wishing it to be brought up everytime they do something, that's crazy to me, some making fools of themselves by becoming more extreme than the accused.

Their non-apologies prove that at large there is a culture toxic toward trans people and management is on board with it.

So yes. It's going to be brought up in every single cyberpunk thread. Get used to it.

OP
OP
Exentryk

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly it #wontbeerased any time soon

Maybe CDPR use this opportunity to apologize for their Twitter bs.

EDIT:

fuck CDPR/CDP and GOG

Their non-apologies prove that at large there is a culture toxic toward trans people and management is on board with it.

So yes. It's going to be brought up in every single cyberpunk thread. Get used to it.
Can you stop trying to derail every CDPR thread? It is against the TOS.

We would also like to remind users not to derail threads and post about topics which are not related to the content posted in the OP.

Though clearly Mods seem to have their own agendas and aren't even following through with the forum rules even after these posts have been reported.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017

Though clearly Mods seem to have their own agendas and aren't even following through with the forum rules even after these posts have been reported.
It is related. The thread is about the product of a company that all throughout 2018 has made multiple problematic tweets followed by non-apologies that strongly suggest the company doesn't consider things like sexism and transphobia a problem. This isn't off-topic just like it wouldn't be in a movie thread if said movie had a director with such views.

OP
OP
Exentryk

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
It is related. The thread is about the product of a company that all throughout 2018 has made multiple problematic tweets followed by non-apologies that strongly suggest the company doesn't consider things like sexism and transphobia a problem. This isn't off-topic just like it wouldn't be in a movie thread if said movie had a director with such views.
It isn't related. Going by your logic, you can apply anything that a company does and post that in every thread about that company. That's not right.

This thread is about Cyberpunk winning an award, and not about the Company's tweets. There was a thread about the tweets, so people can just post that stuff in that thread. Not here.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Cdpr is a transphobic company so any time a product of theirs is being advertised here on ERA, it is relevant. Especially if that product is winning an award for...idk existing?

Not only that but they are making a game about transhumanism so it's doubly relevant to talk about how their transphobia will effect that.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cdpr is a transphobic company so any time a product of theirs is being advertised here on ERA, it is relevant.

Not only that but they are making a game about transhumanism so it's doubly relevant to talk about how their transphobia will effect that.
So everyone working at CDPR is trans-phobic now? i can't....this is dishes with the bath water shit.

So derailing every CDPR thread is all good, nice. Like it's gonna change something, even if something was done already about the issue.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So everyone working at CDPR is trans-phobic now? i can't....this is dishes with the bath water shit.

No one at the company has spoken out against the clear culture that fosters transphobia to not even get an apology, so yeah, maybe they are.

So derailing every CDPR thread is all good, nice. Like it's gonna change something, even if something was done already about the issue.

Nothing at all was done about the multiple transphobic tweets. There wasn't even an apology. Just come out and say you care more about this game than trans people already.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Exentryk

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Attacks on Staff
Cdpr is a transphobic company so any time a product of theirs is being advertised here on ERA, it is relevant. Especially if that product is winning an award for...idk existing?

Again, using that logic you can basically post everything a company does in all of their threads.

CDPR donates to charity? But their tweets!
CDPR game wins an award? But their tweets!
CDPR game is releasing soon? But their tweets!
CDPR earnings reports? But their tweets!

There is a reason why rules about thread derailment and offtopic posting are made. It prevents threads from turning into the above mess. You only need to visit any emulation thread, as it always becomes "this is piracy" thread. This stuff used to be strictly moderated, but the moderation here seems to be poor.

That's an amazing generalization. I thought that wasn't something that flied here?

If you said "this is gamefaqs", I'd have believed you.

Nothing at all was done about the multiple transphobic tweets. There wasn't even an apology. Just come out and say you care more about this game than trans people already.
Regardless, that doesn't let you derail any and all threads about the company. It's against the rules of this forum. If you feel so passionately about the situation, make a new thread about that topic.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, using that logic you can basically post everything a company does in all of their threads.

CDPR donates to charity? But their tweets!
CDPR game wins an award? But their tweets!
CDPR game is releasing soon? But their tweets!
CDPR earnings reports? But their tweets!

There is a reason why rules about thread derailment and offtopic posting are made. It prevents threads from turning into the above mess. You only need to visit any emulation thread, as it always becomes "this is piracy" thread. This stuff used to be strictly moderated, but the moderation here seems to be poor.

All of those thread examples are free ads to sell the CDPR game here so it's relevant for people to know they are potentially funding an unapologetic transphobic developer.

And again like my very first post in this thread demonstrates, they are also marketing a game that focuses on transhumanism so any real life trans issue is going to be relevant in parallel to how the game will handle (or not handle) bigotry etc.

OP
OP
Exentryk

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
All of those thread examples are free ads to sell the CDPR game here so it's relevant for people to know they are potentially funding an unapologetic transphobic developer.

So your goal is to make people not buy CDPR games, and you're doing this by offtopic posting in every CDPR thread?

Do you see how this is essentially thread derailment and borderline trolling? It's against the forum rules.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So your goal is to make people not buy CDPR games, and you're doing this by offtopic posting in every CDPR thread?

Do you see how this is essentially thread derailment and borderline trolling? It's against the forum rules.

I haven't posted in every CDPR thread by a long shot. The chain you responded to was me telling another poster to deal with CDPR's transphobia continuously being brought up because it's not going to stop. Furthermore I haven't derailed this thread at all, this is just where the discussion went.

And it won't stop btw, because it's always relevant to any topic they are a part of. Just because you wanna put your fingers in your ears and pretend that transphobia doesn't affect real people (because you clearly don't give a shit) doesn't mean others will.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
The worm turns on everyone eventually. It's just a contest to out-outrage each other and (ironically enough) paint entire groups with giant brushes, derail everything, and thus win at being a person, or something.

Feb 3, 2018
I haven't posted in every CDPR thread by a long shot. The chain you responded to was me telling another poster to deal with CDPR's transphobia continuously being brought up because it's not going to stop. Furthermore I haven't derailed this thread at all, this is just where the discussion went.

And it won't stop btw, because it's always relevant to any topic they are a part of. Just because you wanna put your fingers in your ears and pretend that transphobia doesn't affect real people (because you clearly don't give a shit) doesn't mean others will.

And nobody is asking you to stop hell I would also speak up against Trans-phobia but you do seem to broadly generalize everyone who works at CD project red as being transphobic because of the actions of two of their community managers ?

It's a big company and you are basically making the implication that each and everyone of them are horrible people because of the actions of two community managers.

I think that is kind of unfair to all of them as well and they did apologize

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i have re2make, tlou2, death stranding and prime 4 above it, but yeah it looks pretty cool.

OP
OP
Exentryk

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't posted in every CDPR thread by a long shot. [...]

And it won't stop btw, because it's always relevant to any topic they are a part of.
Clearly you plan to continue this in every thread. Well, there isn't much else I can do if the mods aren't going to take any action either.

Carry on.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I'm pumped beyond believe for Cyberpunk. Distant second/third would be Resi 2 and TLoU 2.

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
This is my most anticipated game no doubt! Can't freaking wait! The demo they released looked so damn good.

Oh, another thread-derailment. Thank god for the ignore button!

Rigby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (permanent): Personal attacks on another member. Recently returned from 1 month ban for trolling similar thread. Long history of infractions.
Totally deserved, Cyberpunk 2077 is easily one of my most anticipated games.

Oh, and the fact that jecth is still triggered because of a tweet is mind boggling.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally deserved, Cyberpunk 2077 is easily one of my most anticipated games.

Oh, and the fact that jecth is still triggered because of a tweet is mind boggling.

Downplaying transphobia and unironically using the word "triggered" in the derogatory sense. That's two spaces on the #riseupgamers bingo board.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
No surprises there. It's not my most anticipated title, but it's among the top 5. The #1 spot easily goes to The Last of Us Part II.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
No one at the company has spoken out against the clear culture that fosters transphobia to not even get an apology, so yeah, maybe they are.

By that logic, I feel you're one step away from calling people in this thread transphobic as well. I think you don't want to cross that line, so an euphemism "you don't care about transphobia" is used. Can't speak for others, but I care about human rights greatly and I think denying or ignoring the problems and harassment transgender people face is almost just as bad as causing the harassment itself. With that said, I just don't believe in collective guilt and I find this logic where everything Cyberpunk related is now smeared with transphobia because of the tweets very flimsy. I know you disagree with what I just said - I know. And if you want to discuss this topic with me and others - create a thread about it. But this is not the place to go into that and that's what some people here were trying to point out.

In the thread about the tweets, the mods clearly said they have no plans to ban discussions about the game on the forum. So, either you think the management of this forum also doesn't care about transphobia (in which case, you probably don't want to stick around here) or you accept their decision and allow people to discuss the game itself here.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By that logic, I feel you're one step away from calling people in this thread transphobic as well. I think you don't want to cross that line, so an euphemism "you don't care about transphobia" is used. Can't speak for others, but I care about human rights greatly and I think denying all the harassment transgender people face is almost just as bad as causing that harassment. With that said, I just don't believe in collective guilt and I find this logic where everything Cyberpunk related is now smeared with transphobia because of the tweets very flimsy. I know you disagree with what I just said - I know. And if you want to discuss this topic with me and others - create a thread about it. But this is not the place to go into that and that's what some people here were trying to point out.

In the thread about the tweets, the mods clearly said they have no plans to ban discussions about the game on the forum. So, either you think the management of this forum also doesn't care about transphobia (in which case, you probably don't want to stick around here) or you accept their decision and allow people to discuss the game itself here.

Not banning discussion of a game is not the same as creating a rule that the topic is off limits when it surrounds the game. In fact if you had read moderators posts from post number 1 of that thread you would know they feel exactly opposite of that judging by how many "keep politics out of my games!" Idiots they banned.

aevanhoe

Aug 28, 2018
Yeah I'm pumped beyond believe for Cyberpunk. Distant second/third would be Resi 2 and TLoU 2.

I'm also really excited about Cyberpunk (mostly due to the fact I enjoyed the Witcher 3 so much), but I'm still more excited about The Last of Us Part II. I mean, it's TLOU, it's.... something really special.

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
They made 3 games so far and i liked/loved all three. Can't wait for cyberpunk. Great company (love gog as well but apparently its not in vogue right now going from this thread..).

aevanhoe

Aug 28, 2018
Not banning discussion of a game is not the same as creating a rule that the topic is off limits when it surrounds the game.

But that's just it - I don't think it surrounds the game itself: we don't know what the game is about or how the developers feel about it (they will tell us through their work). However, If you want to, say, discuss the lack of transgender options in the character creator from the demo - that is completely on topic. Look, I get what you're saying, I'm not playing dumb here - but I mean, where's the line? If someone starts a thread about Cyberpunk 4K support, are you going to be there reminding people of the tweets? I believe you have good intentions, so I won't debate you any further. I spoke my mind, and will let you have the last word if you want - and of course, I'm not a mod, you do whatever you feel like regardless of what I say.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
If CDPR didn't want this discussion to follow them around everywhere, they would've done more than do it twice more, never offer an apology, and try to sweep it under the rug and count on their hardcore fans to point to circumstantial evidence that MAYBE that bad tweeter got let go.

But here we are.

aevanhoe

Aug 28, 2018
i have re2make, tlou2, death stranding and prime 4 above it, but yeah it looks pretty cool.

The second person here (that I saw) who puts RE2 remake so high up the list. I'm not saying anything, just surprised a bit. I mean, I liked playing RE2 and will certainly play the remake, but at the end of the day it's a remake of an older game while the games like Cyberpunk, TLOU2 and Death Stranding have the potential of pushing gaming forward (not saying they will, but we kinda expect them to).

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Not banning discussion of a game is not the same as creating a rule that the topic is off limits when it surrounds the game. In fact if you had read moderators posts from post number 1 of that thread you would know they feel exactly opposite of that judging by how many "keep politics out of my games!" Idiots they banned.

The mods banned clowns that were downplaying transphobia in a topic discussing transphobic tweets by the CDPR twitter admin. Rightly so.
That doesn't read like a tacit approval for you to convert every subsequent Cyberpunk topic into a discussion on the tweets. I think it's also generalizing to paint every single employee with the 'transphobic' brush. I haven't gotten round to playing Witcher 3 yet, but I haven't heard of any transphobic themes in that game.
Surely their last major work is a better yardstick to use to judge them?

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My advice would be for people to go somewhere else to talk about the game. You are not going to get any kind of decent discussion here like a lot of other things. It's pretty hilarious that this forum has become the most judgemental forum on the internet and like to paint entire groups of people for their outrage.

Every topic on here will get de railed by the same people and the mods don't care.

The tweets from CDPR were shit and shouldn't of happened but they are an absolute massive studio.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
My advice would be for people to go somewhere else to talk about the game. You are not going to get any kind of decent discussion here like a lot of other things. It's pretty hilarious that this forum has become the most judgemental forum on the internet and like to paint entire groups of people for their outrage.

Every topic on here will get de railed by the same people and the mods don't care.

The tweets from CDPR were shit and shouldn't of happened but they are an absolute massive studio.

Cyberpunk is an inherently political genre, and is a free space to play with topics involving identity. Do you trust a company with a culture that makes those kinds of tweets and subsequently sweep them under the rug to do this genre justice?

Not even touching upon the obvious disrespect shown by their most recent problematic tweet to many American citizens currently under threat.

Last edited:

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cyberpunk is an inherently political genre, and is a free space to play with topics involving identity. Do you trust a company with a culture that makes those kinds of tweets and subsequently sweep them under the rug to do this genre justice?

Not even touching upon the obvious disrespect shown to many American citizens currently under threat by their most recent problematic tweet.

There is a big difference to sweeping it under the rug to the same people rushing into every topic to decalre how they are not buying the game and thus the topic becomes a discussion about that. Much like this one.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
There is a big difference to sweeping it under the rug to the same people rushing into every topic to decalre how they are not buying the game and thus the topic becomes a discussion about that. Much like this one.
Well sure, if CDPR sweeps it under the rug, naturally people will try to shine a light on it. If their actions here don't betray your trust in their ability to handle this subject matter appropriately, then you do you.

jakershaker

Oct 28, 2017

I think we all know that the money is on them making the best cyberpunk game yet (and for a long time to come).