• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The second person here (that I saw) who puts RE2 remake so high up the list. I'm not saying anything, just surprised a bit. I mean, I liked playing RE2 and will certainly play the remake, but at the end of the day it's a remake of an older game while the games like Cyberpunk, TLOU2 and Death Stranding have the potential of pushing gaming forward (not saying they will, but we kinda expect them to).

REmake is one of the greatest games of all time, and I always liked RE2 better than RE1, so the idea of a similar remake for RE2 has been a pipedream in my head since 2002... and it's now being realized and looks absolutely incredible.

cyberpunk can't compete with 16 years of hype :P

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Death stranding for me. TLOU2 as well.

CDs shit Witcher combat doesn't excite me for a FPS, where gunplay is key. Not sure they have the talent on the gameplay side

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Death stranding for me. TLOU2 as well.

CDs shit Witcher combat doesn't excite me for a FPS, where gunplay is key. Not sure they have the talent on the gameplay side
I'd have agreed with you before seeing the gameplay, but the gameplay from the video looks pretty damn nice, I'm pretty sure the gameplay department is gonna be a huge step up from TW3, and we still are far from having seen everything the game has to offer too.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
I'd have agreed with you before seeing the gameplay, but the gameplay from the video looks pretty damn nice, I'm pretty sure the gameplay department is gonna be a huge step up from TW3, and we still are far from having seen everything the game has to offer too.

FPS games are alot about feel , I don't take much stock in trailers.

Deleted member 33597

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I'm not surprised. It's easily one of my most anticipated upcoming games as well, although I will admit to being somewhat concerned the gameplay and the world itself won't be realized quite as well as they could be due to both the studio's lack of experience in first person combat and the severely outdated current gen console hardware.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as I haven't played an open world RPG better than TW3 I have to say I'm excited for Cyberpunk too.

I know for a fact because it's CDPR I won't have to put up with MT bullshit or "DLC" that's a 2-hour cash-in. Cosmetics/items/weapons/mods in this for your characters are very unlikely to be split up between in-game and our cash shop. TW3 DLC was spectacular.

High-production values help, but I don't care too much about that over a relatively bug-free experience with a great story/characters. The banter in Cyberpunk already seems like a good time, a bit more light-hearted than TW3 which went with deadpan comedy. They're all adult experiences from CDPR, so I'm not going to get my jimmies rustled over swear words, sex and some violence.

Nothing wrong with first person when it's done well. Deus Ex is FP. RDR 2 is an example of FP that doesn't work all that well. Playing inside intricate cities/towns with lots of interactive bits and pieces sometimes just leans better to working with first person.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looking forward to it and will get it day 1... my only concern is if its as good as it could be or will end up being just another open world collectathon. Death stranding and TLOU2 are my other most wanted, because Death Stranding is a total unknown and bizarre and we need the in the games industry from time to time.... while TLOU2 is just going to be great.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats cd projekt red. They definitely won me over with that gameplay demo.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
After Red Dead I need CDPR to save me from bland open-world writing and design.

So yes, definitely my most anticipated game.

I'm still side-eyeing them over that Twitter stuff.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The twitter stuff will follow them in every thread.

All they had to do is make a real apology when it first happened, but instead for all we know the person who wrote all of those tweets is still happily working for the company.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
The game is already playable from start to finish, however a lot of polishing and adding side content is still ahead of CDPR so I think CP2077 is gonna win that award next year too

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More excited for RE2, Code Vein, Sekiro, DMC5 and Metro: Exodus, personally.

I can see the appeal though.

Oct 27, 2017
Since RDR2 is out now, Cyberpunk is definitely my most anticipated game by far. It would probably be the Last of Us 2 had Uncharted 4 not been such a massive disappointment for me. Still very much looking forward to it though. Ghost of Tsushima also has a lot of potential, but Sucker Punch has never made a game that I loved. Really hoping for the best on that one.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
CP2077 on next gen will be glorious. Can't wait!! I have full confidence that CDPR will deliver.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you know, i thought the game looked poor before all their awful shit they did. the gameplay trailer they released was very poorly written and i don't want to play an entire game with that writing.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Yup. Cyberpunk 2077 and TLOU2 are my most antecipated games.
Also antecipating Sekiro, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The thing is, Amazon and Microsoft and Apple strive to be mostly characterless. Even if they do something that could give them character like "they were really helpful and gave me my money back immediately" or "they treat their workers poorly" or "they gave money to this charity project", it always can be tracked down to a move to maximize profits in the short or long term the way a smart but emotionless, rational machine would.

CDPR/GOG's tweets and the attitude behind them is not a smart PR thing to have people talk about the game and get more alt-right assholes to buy the game. That's the jarring difference here. They craft a character for their company and it's a damn shitty one lately.

Side-note: We should differentiate when it comes to how Cyberpunk 2077, the game, thinks about gender, because a cyberpunk future shouldn't be just our world thought 40 years ahead. Cyberpunk comes from the 80s and traditionally has more open racism and sexism/machismo present in every day life - that doesn't automatically mean that the author advocates that vision of the future as a good future.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder how this will look and run on original PS4 and Xbox One. Next-gen versions it is

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Cyberpunk is an inherently political genre, and is a free space to play with topics involving identity. Do you trust a company with a culture that makes those kinds of tweets and subsequently sweep them under the rug to do this genre justice?

Not even touching upon the obvious disrespect shown by their most recent problematic tweet to many American citizens currently under threat.

This is what I am most worried about. Doing injustice by way of omission that would inherently antithetical to the core tenets of the genre. Then again, games like Deus Ex (HR and MD), Syndicate, Shadowrun etc side step issues like these because of their more limited scope and general focus being somewhere else. That is why those games will never amount to something like Planescape or tv shows like ghost in the shell or books like Fahrenheit 411 that delves deep into socio-political norms and taboos.

The developer had nothing to do with the tweet. Also the guy most likely doesn't work there anymore, there was a huge thread on gog about it.
Exactly. Bad social media doesn't really mean developers share that point of view... Social media probably is not even a part of the developers office. At least here in Brazil, most of the brands social media is handled by "specialized" companies... Anyway,i don't know the whole story. just saw the comotion about the tweet.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
This along with Halo Infinite and TLOU II are my most anticipated games coming out. I hope they're all next gen and not held back by the current gen's weak CPUs. TLOU could work on a PS4, but I feel Cyberpunk and Halo would be limited.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The mods banned clowns that were downplaying transphobia in a topic discussing transphobic tweets by the CDPR twitter admin. Rightly so.
That doesn't read like a tacit approval for you to convert every subsequent Cyberpunk topic into a discussion on the tweets. I think it's also generalizing to paint every single employee with the 'transphobic' brush. I haven't gotten round to playing Witcher 3 yet, but I haven't heard of any transphobic themes in that game.
Surely their last major work is a better yardstick to use to judge them?
Downplaying thansphobia? there were people banned in that thread for the mere thinking that perhaps the person that made that tweet isn't a transphobic monster but a stupid as hell person that didn't think that tweet enough before doing it.

You know, like real people that you could know that make mistakes or stupid shit in real life, I know a lot, a shitlot of those.

And now CDPR is treated like this super transphobic company here and the discussion is poisoned forever it seems.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Downplaying thansphobia? there were people banned in that thread for the mere thinking that perhaps the person that made that tweet isn't a transphobic monster but a stupid as hell person that didn't think that tweet enough before doing it.

You know, like real people that you could know that make mistakes or stupid shit in real life, I know a lot, a shitlot of those.

And now CDPR is treated like this super transphobic company here and the discussion is poisoned forever it seems.

Nope, the person that wrote that tweet was/is 100% transphobic.

And the fact CDP/GOG just gave that bullshit non apology and called it a day is the reason this topic will come up again and again.

And for all we know that transphobic employee still works for them, so the company doesn't see much of an issue with what they said other than a "bad joke".