Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I think some people really understimate the crushing sense of frustration there is around things like this. It fucking sucks honestly and I'll iterate again that it's all so needless. People think I don't see the collectors edition pictures and think the book cover looks awesome, that the signature strip is a nice touch. That feeling an onus to highlight the issues with the game belies a total hatred of it instead of a fermenting irritation that it would be much easier – and better for literally everyone; you all, me and others with concerns, and even CDPR – to just not have this bullshit and to post about how cool elements look and have cause to pay no more mind to it than most other games.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck.

Just ordered the Piggyback Cyberpunk 2077: The Complete Official Guide-Collector's Edition - Hardcover on Amazon for $28

$28 is a steal for 500 pages hardcover.

719QJrDEcuL.jpg

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Still not sure where to play this (PS5/XSX) but tempted to preload on XSX anyway just in case lol

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I kinda wanna pick it up just as a reference for all the level design and branching narrative work... Are guides usually so "cheap"?

I can pick the hardback up for £22 on Amazon.

Only guides I remember buying were.. Marvel v Capcom, because everyone called it the Bible and peer pressure (I think I only ever read it on the shitter, and once patched it was useless).

Also the MGS V copy, because it was $10 at Best Buy with the game. I think I only skipped through that one too. Oh and Watch Dogs 1, because of a similar deal if I recall. Don't remember reading it either.

$20-30 sounds decent if the content is solid and you intend to use it.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
probably compression. download is smaller because its compressed most likely. Thats common on PC at least. after its unpacked it has the proper size.

Xbox doesn't do this. Mine just finished installing and it's 59.47 GB.

The fact that my Xbox saw a larger version available says there is a version that requires your account to be whitelisted and it might not be the actual day one patch but it's close and that may be what reviewers are getting if they requested Xbox. That's speculation on my part but I'm sure we'll here about the version reviewers have been playing sooner than later.

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil
Just checked and the preload isnt avaliable on ps4 yet, i never preordered a game before, does the download files usually go up fist for Xbox in Multiplataform games?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Checked the file info on xbox just in case. Said Durango (wich means Xbox One SDK). So no secret optimized thing.

Dynamic3

Oct 31, 2017
This feller has left quite a bit of feedback with respect to performance including "..I can assure you it's running at 60 fps. I've been playing it all night on Series X."

old.reddit.com

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Hype Megathread!

Update 1:Day 0 Patch is out and it's 43.51GB I'm downloading it now. I'll update when it's done. (Currently 6 hours into the game on xbox series...

PolishQ

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, NY
I think some people really understimate the crushing sense of frustration there is around things like this. It fucking sucks honestly and I'll iterate again that it's all so needless. People think I don't see the collectors edition pictures and think the book cover looks awesome, that the signature strip is a nice touch. That feeling an onus to highlight the issues with the game belies a total hatred of it instead of a fermenting irritation that it would be much easier – and better for literally everyone; you all, me and others with concerns, and even CDPR – to just not have this bullshit and to post about how cool elements look and have cause to pay no more mind to it than most other games.
It sucks that you feel that the onus is on you. The same way that it shouldn't just be on Black people to call out racism in entertainment. We're in an era where it's increasingly rare to find an entertainment product that isn't problematic in some way. It's on all of us, especially those of us buying the product, to think critically about the messages a product is sending and to call out the fucked up elements.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Checked the file info on xbox just in case. Said Durango (wich means Xbox One SDK). So no secret optimized thing.

We'll have to wait on 2 things, an official breakdown of what the Series X/S do over the One X and the day one update. It appears the preload is the same thing that was on the disc which would be a build from October, when the game went gold, which wouldn't have included any Series X/S specific updates even with a November 19th launch date, that would have come in the day 1 patch as well.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Fuck.

Just ordered the Piggyback Cyberpunk 2077: The Complete Official Guide-Collector's Edition - Hardcover on Amazon for $28

$28 is a steal for 500 pages hardcover.

719QJrDEcuL.jpg

Hey thanks for the heads up on the guide book. Made a purchase. The guide might eventually become out of date because of potential future expansions or add-on content but it'll make for an excellent reading piece with concept art.

Any maps should also be relevant for point of interest too.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Still not sure where to play this (PS5/XSX) but tempted to preload on XSX anyway just in case lol

I was in the same boat. In my unprofessional opinion the Series X version had a slight edge visually in pre-release footage. Plus seamless next gen upgrade & cross save support via Smart Delivery, and it will support Dolby Vision next year.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
We'll have to wait on 2 things, an official breakdown of what the Series X/S do over the One X and the day one update. It appears the preload is the same thing that was on the disc which would be a build from October, when the game went gold, which wouldn't have included any Series X/S specific updates even with a November 19th launch date, that would have come in the day 1 patch as well.

Right but the person with the disk version is claiming it's 60 fps. Which makes zero sense if they didn't already have SX optimizations included back then or they decided to master the game with an uncapped frame rate with the Day 1 patch limiting to 30 fps.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It sucks that you feel that the onus is on you. The same way that it shouldn't just be on Black people to call out racism in entertainment. We're in an era where it's increasingly rare to find an entertainment product that isn't problematic in some way. It's on all of us, especially those of us buying the product, to think critically about the messages a product is sending and to call out the fucked up elements.
Thanks bud. I think what's often missed is that there is that inherent duality to things that comes with so much of being trans. You do feel an impetus to be vocal and to raise awareness and understanding of issues, but at the same time you wish you didn't have that. That you could just tune out. This extends outside of this to transitioning and living trans too. It's something that's awesome and I take extensive pride in, but it comes with a whole host of frustrations that make you yearn for simplicity. It isn't linear and there's a lot that renders you feeling like being on both ends of a tug of war. From large life-altering decisions and consequences, through to basic elements like this. Exposing that almost feels like a betrayal though, and you know people will take any opportunity to pick at it. So you're left to look through the window at everyone else who's able to just interface with these things in a manner that doesn't involve that, and that's rough at times. It's something I'll probably learn to better navigate, but for now elements have me worn.

e: Which, I'll make clear, isn't a stone cast at people able to do so, so as much as a voicing of the frustration that accompanies my inability to.

Last edited:

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Do we know what improvements are on XSX and PS5 on day one before the next gen version releases?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Right but the person with the disk version is claiming it's 60 fps. Which makes zero sense if they didn't already have SX optimizations included back then or they decided to master the game with an uncapped frame rate with the Day 1 patch limiting to 30 fps.
For some reason, some people can't distinguish 30 fps from 60 fps.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

I would take that Reddit post with some salt. I wouldn't be surprised if they're confusing animations with motion blur for 60fps, we've had that happen here quite recently.

The current version available to download doesn't show any specific Series X/S downloads (Gen9Aware would show up in the File Info since it won't be a native GDK update until next year at some point) so the only other thing would be an uncapped framerate like you mentioned.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
For some reason, some people can't distinguish 30 fps from 60 fps.
tbf some console games can make 30 look almost as smooth as 60. I can tell the difference even with 10 fps difference, but Forza 4 on the 360 showed me that its possible to make 30 look that smooth. all about framepacing. however you will feel the difference when controlling the character.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Digitalfoundry will get hands on this asap, I need to know the differences between PS5 and Xbox One X.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
It's not completely outlandish that the game could be 60fps on XSX/PS5, you got games like GoT and Spiderman running at 60fps on PS5.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
tbf some console games can make 30 look almost as smooth as 60. I can tell the difference even with 10 fps difference, but Forza 4 on the 360 showed me that its possible to make 30 look that smooth. all about framepacing. however you will feel the difference when controlling the character.
I have never played a game at 30 fps that felt almost as smooth as 60

Some 30 fps games feel better than others, sure

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My PS copy has shipped via Games Collection! Might get it by the weekend if they aren't bullshitting! Still, will concentrate on PC first, but that seems to be unlocking on the 10th...

Status
Not open for further replies.