Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid

Banned
Nov 27, 2020
This is the kind of game that I'll wait to play at a much later date when all of the bugs are ironed out and we get the PS5/Series X next gen patch.

I ordered it physical and it should arrive on release day but I want to enjoy the experience when it's smooth.

I did the same with Skyrim. That game was a pretty bad on release on PS3 if my memory serves correct.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
but how about the actual moving and aiming? does it feel laggy or sluggish at all like fallout or is it fairly responsive? if its to fps what witcher was to action i am 100% ok with that

It feels more leaning towards shooters than the really hyper manual mode you get with Fallout. I'll need to play more to really provide a better summation of it.

Oct 28, 2017
I see we've entered the "knee-jerk overreaction to vague tweets and pre-day-1 impressions" phase of the hype cycle. Honestly I wouldn't have it any other way, it's fun to read through these threads.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
It might happen sooner than you think, there's already a shitton of companies (mainly from china) making cyberpunk themed games of every kind to latch on to 2077's popularity.
Ranging from MMO's to, as you wished, Doom style FPS games. ^_*
If this game doesn't review well - it will destroy most any chance of the Cyberpunk genre becoming more mainstream...and any games being made from it in the future.

Like Blade Runner🙏

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
"V for Victory", my ass.

PRAISE THE SUN!
Solaire_of_Astora_summoned.jpg

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
The controls feel really weird. It feels like there needs to be more buttons or more intuitive ways to control certain aspects, like hacking.

I hope this is improved on PC, that they don't go the Fallout 3 route of "pressing a key and holding a key does two different things, no you can't rebind them individually"

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth Hobbes , having worked on numerous games, a lot of the bug issues, and even UI stuff you mentioned are the last things to get fixed. Now I am not saying they all will be with a day 1 patch, but it wouldn't shock me if most did.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
For what it's worth Hobbes , having worked on numerous games, a lot of the bug issues, and even UI stuff you mentioned are the last things to get fixed. Now I am not saying they all will be with a day 1 patch, but it wouldn't shock me if most did.

What's the reason for this? I would have assumed UI bugs that are in your face and every playtester would report repeatedly would be the highest priority outside game breaking bugs.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
If i remember correct it was dependent on where your bust was made. Some were totally fine and others were whatever that is

lol it was from a 4chan post where someone bought the collectors edition from a non official seller and the person had kept the real statue and replaced it with a fake one for luls/keep the weight correct

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What's the reason for this? I would have assumed bugs that are in your face and every playtester would report repeatedly would be the highest priority outside game breaking bugs.

Lower priority and the teams addressing them aren't as large. Like, our UI team on Saints Row IV and AOM didn't grow above five people, artists and engineers combined. For other issues, if it wasn't breaking the game, it's most likely known and there is a bug filed, but even non-game breaking issues get prioritized and people would probably be shocked to know what is deemed MUST FIX in terms of cert versus what can wait until a patch.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
The most exciting thing about this game for me is that it will come day 1 with a full Japanese dub. I hope the quality is as good as the one for Witcher 3, that was top quality. Playing games with dialogue choices and full voice acting is really great for learning languages.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
The most exciting thing about this game for me is that it will come day 1 with a full Japanese dub. I hope the quality is as good as the one for Witcher 3, that was top quality. Playing games with dialogue choices and full voice acting is really great for learning languages.

There's a reason there's been an influx of popularity for Western games in Japan over the past decade. Games are getting actual dubs and localization work put into them.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Will echo the question Hobbes around crowd density on the 1X. Curious to know how much the best of last gen can handle in that sense.

Well said, Couldn't put it better myself. You can enjoy a game and also disagree with the messages/content that are being portrayed through the game. Happens all the time. No game is immune to criticism, not even one as hyped as this one.
I'm really sorry to see you and the rest of the trans community let down by CDPR. They should've done better. It sucks. I've been holding out thin, vain hope that they'd improve the parts of the game that weaken it most for the trans community, but I don't have faith they'll do it, on launch or any time after. It's deeply dissatisfying. Thank you for continuing to post about it
Appreciate that peeps, thanks for engaging with it. Means a lot.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

As a former journo, I agree and understand.

I think I'm just not expecting as many glaring glitches and such. Doesn't bother me too mcuh.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
At least for the PC. Consoles still region lock the languages.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Had to get in the Christmas spirit!
🤘💯🙏
When you play as Streetkid and start in The Coyote club at the beginning of the game, there is some banger latin-esque music playing that really gets you fucking grooving.
Oh awesome!

I'm looking forward to the radio stations - I had hoped for a Synthwave radio station, but maybe they'll put one into one of the expansions👍

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm interested to see how much they change with the game over time, The Witcher 3 is really not the same game it was at launch, it's pretty crazy how different it is from then, so I'm intrigued by what they will change and add with Cyberpunk.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
🤘💯🙏

Oh awesome!

I'm looking forward to the radio stations - I had hoped for a Synthwave radio station, but maybe they'll put one into one of the expansions👍

Is there an official list of what genres each station is focused on? I remember seeing the list of names, but not the actual types of music to expect. Tho who am I kidding Imma spend a day just listening to talk radio.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested to see how much they change with the game over time, The Witcher 3 is really not the same game it was at launch, it's pretty crazy how different it is from then, so I'm intrigued by what they will change and add with Cyberpunk.
Same, playing TW3 now is quite different to what I played at launch with it.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same, playing TW3 now is quite different to what I played at launch with it.
I assume TW3 changed for the better over time?

I am one of those people who don't necessarily have to play CP2077 day one.

But when I do play it will be at at least 4K all ultra settings including ray tracing and the game will not be a broken mess.

CP2077 is a once-in-a-decade game and I will not play an inferior version that was rushed out for the holiday season.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Let us know how the NPC crowd density is on consoles, previewers always talk about that moment you walk out of the apartment for the first time.

CDexUy0.gif

Ll5IGHV.gif
Anyone else bothered by NPCS in games always sounding so quiet

like they only talk when u pass them by or there doesnt seem like theres chatter

and then theres all these flat animations.

im still waiting for that next gen moment where crowds look more realistic

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

But when I do play it will be at at least 4K all ultra settings including ray tracing and the game will not be a broken mess.

CP2077 is a once-in-a-decade game and I will not play an inferior version that was rushed out for the holiday season.

I applaud your patience. I'd probably play through it even if the entire skyline geometry was popping in and out constantly XD

About one week left...somebody freeze me.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else bothered by NPCS in games always sounding so quiet

like they only talk when u pass them by or there doesnt seem like theres chatter

and then theres all these flat animations.

im still waiting for that next gen moment where crowds look more realistic

There are moments in games where an NPC is talking off screen and you miss some of it and it sucks because then you just stand there hoping they repeat it. It's a game design thing mostly, since as a player, it sucks to miss out on the incidental dialog. Especially when NPC dialog is generally aimed at the player more than the world, you're supposed to be able to hear the full conversation generally.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
There are moments in games where an NPC is talking off screen and you miss some of it and it sucks because then you just stand there hoping they repeat it. It's a game design thing mostly, since as a player, it sucks to miss out on the incidental dialog. Especially when NPC dialog is generally aimed at the player more than the world, you're supposed to be able to hear the full conversation generally.
I feel like its immersion breaking tho

like the entire world plays to you and doesnt feel alive otherwise

its like the audio mix is always off in every game with tons of npcs

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like its immersion breaking tho

like the entire world plays to you and doesnt feel alive otherwise

its like the audio mix is always off in every game with tons of npcs

To me I think it's part of suspension of disbelief. Sort of like a movie or a book or whatever. If you're hearing a conversation from others, you, the viewer or reader, are supposed to hear it.

I think if you just have NPCs just talking randomly they need to repeat their dialog more, too. Like you hear an interesting conversation and it ends. So you stand and sit there and see if it repeats. If it doesn't repeat then, you check the NPC again in the future and hope you aren't missing pieces of it again. Especially in an RPG like this you're supposed to hear and read EVERYTHING. The immersion comes from learning about the characters and the world.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
To me I think it's part of suspension of disbelief. Sort of like a movie or a book or whatever. If you're hearing a conversation from others, you, the viewer or reader, are supposed to hear it.

I think if you just have NPCs just talking randomly they need to repeat their dialog more, too. Like you hear an interesting conversation and it ends. So you stand and sit there and see if it repeats. If it doesn't repeat then, you check the NPC again in the future and hope you aren't missing pieces of it again. Especially in an RPG like this you're supposed to hear and read EVERYTHING. The immersion comes from learning about the characters and the world.
Witcher 3 had NPC repeat dialogue but I think you had to go a certain distance away and come back for it to repeat. Maybe it's the same here?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

They did A LOT. This was the big one I remember, it dropped within a few days of me beating the game too (naturally). A ton of QoL stuff for inventory management, on top of stashes being added...meanwhile I was lugging around multiple school armor sets the entire game because I didn't want to permanently lose them. The new movement mode still wasn't incredible but it was much better than the launch version.

Looks like this was 2 months post launch, there was weekly DLC being added though that was mostly fluff.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now in that agonising period of knowing the local distributor has us down for a review code, but not knowing whether we haven't got one yet because we're small fry or if everyone is in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.