Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Oct 25, 2017
By that I mean I'd go with 30 FPS if it meant higher density NPCs and such.
Ah gotcha. Hoping that performance doesn't take too much of a hit from higher densities ( plus not too many copies near each other )

Rockstar cans have $1 Xbox codes.
My store had 11 for $10. So I stocked up, but wife did too.
Neat. So you paid $10 for $11 of credit. DO we expect them to sell any expansions this year ( within the time you can redeem those credits )? I think they would be focusing on fixing issues for the first few months.

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
Does someone here owns the "World of Cyberpunk" book ? Asking my self if this is any good as a side product, this and the Official guide (not to help me but I love those things, that might be the only ""goodies"" I buy from a game).

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Does someone here owns the "World of Cyberpunk" book ? Asking my self if this is any good as a side product, this and the Official guide (not to help me but I love those things, that might be the only ""goodies"" I buy from a game).

I own it. It's a excellent lore book with a ton of art and details in it that's a good primer for flipping through before next week.

Looking at the trailer for the guide it looks like it's a good companion piece to that as well.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't really seen any of my favorite reviewers confirm that they have a copy - kinda odd

Alias03

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up the official Playstation footage they released last week is now viewable in 4K. Looks much cleaner now imo

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Ah gotcha. Hoping that performance doesn't take too much of a hit from higher densities ( plus not too many copies near each other )

Neat. So you paid $10 for $11 of credit. DO we expect them to sell any expansions this year ( within the time you can redeem those credits )? I think they would be focusing on fixing issues for the first few months.

The Xbox monies expire in 90 days.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Not quite sure if i am setting up the statue correctly. Of course there are no instructions inside. (unless i missed them in the hurry).

Looks really cool though, cannot stress enough how premium this CE is. This is a standard that no other publisher seems to follow. The unboxing process was really fun compared to other boring soft bundle collectors editions.. Even the standard edition is such a packed package.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Not quite sure if i am setting up the statue correctly. Of course there are no instructions inside. (unless i missed them in the hurry).

Looks really cool though, cannot stress enough how premium this CE is. This is a standard that no other publisher seems to follow. The unboxing process was really fun compared to other boring soft bundle collectors editions.. Even the standard edition is such a packed package.
Bungie do well by theirs and give a similar level of care to the box and unboxing. Nice spot laminate highlights and foil debossings, with magnet clips and goodies tucked away in theme-appropriate items. Often with puzzles to unlock extra in-game stuff like morse code lights. They're not as expensive so appropriately scaled down but I'm always impressed by the care in them. It certainly makes all the difference when you can tell that extra level of care has been taken in these things.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
I never felt this much power.

N1CAC6U.gif

I might upgrade to 3gbps.

Too bad you won't get that speed on any single device unless they have a 2.5 or 10 Gbps nic assuming the rest of your home network is wired and capable of those speeds.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Bungie do well by theirs and give a similar level of care to the box and unboxing. Nice spot laminate highlights and foil debossings, with magnet clips and goodies tucked away in theme-appropriate items. Often with puzzles to unlock extra in-game stuff like morse code lights. They're not as expensive so appropriately scaled down but I'm always impressed by the care in them. It certainly makes all the difference when you can tell that extra level of care has been taken in these things.
I am also blown away that it is flawless, no steelbook damage from the factory, statue seems fine ( i think), box is all in mint condition. Inner boxes. The actual game has no loose discs, it is wrapped and everything is flawless. Like they probably have a huge team quality controlling the factory process. wow. In the weird days of hoping to win the steelbook lottery like Game of Thrones collectors edition steelbooks (mine arrived missing seasons 2 and 7 discs all of them) or hoping you get the full disc set or not dented steelbooks like the new lord of the rings 4k sets.. It really is a hassle and a lottery experience to get a good product almost. I am happy though in this case. Everything was fantastic. And the way you pull it out and open it, it felt good.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Gutted, PC release time is 12am GMT worldwide not the usual NZT.....Console players will be playing 12am NZT here (in NZ), and we gotta plonk along till halfway through the next day :(

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I am also blown away that it is flawless, no steelbook damage from the factory, statue seems fine ( i think), box is all in mint condition. Inner boxes. The actual game has no loose discs, it is wrapped and everything is flawless. Like they probably have a huge team quality controlling the factory process. wow. In the weird days of hoping to win the steelbook lottery like Game of Thrones collectors edition steelbooks (mine arrived missing seasons 2 and 7 discs all of them) or hoping you get the full disc set or not dented steelbooks like the new lord of the rings 4k sets.. It really is a hassle and a lottery experience to get a good product almost. I am happy though in this case. Everything was fantastic. And the way you pull it out and open it, it felt good.
That's what you want when you go for a collector's edition for sure, I'm glad they delivered a product that was both as complete and in appropriate condition as you'd want for the cost! When you're really sold on a release it can make the difference to have it to pore over prior to playing.

Now if you'll excuse me, my BB needs rocking to sleep again 😂

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
That's what you want when you go for a collector's edition for sure, I'm glad they delivered a product that was both as complete and in appropriate condition as you'd want for the cost! When you're really sold on a release it can make the difference to have it to pore over prior to playing.

Now if you'll excuse me, my BB needs rocking to sleep again 😂
??? I'm confused.... This might be the biggest plot twist ever... you're getting the game??? You're actually gonna play it??? Lol

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
??? I'm confused.... This might be the biggest plot twist ever... you're getting the game??? You're actually gonna play it??? Lol
Not sure what indicated that from that post in particular lol - I was responding to the quality of the collectors edition as Bungie do similar and it's always something to appreciate when that care is taken and you're a fan of the game you're getting one for. The BB line is in reference to the Death Stranding Collector's Edition I have - it came with a lifesize BB unit lol. You can scroll back to a few of my posts earlier to see the discussion already had around potentially playing it and why it's a frustrating go between having been given the chance to do so.

Mediking

Not sure what indicated that from that post in particular lol - I was responding to the quality of the collectors edition as Bungie do similar and it's always something to appreciate when that care is taken and you're a fan of the game you're getting one for. The BB line is in reference to the Death Stranding Collector's Edition I have - it came with a lifesize BB unit lol. You can scroll back to a few of my posts to see the discussion already had around potentially playing it and why it's a frustrating go between having been given the chance to do so.
Ohhhh.... now I get it lol then yeah. You might as well just play it. I think you should.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Ohhhh.... now I get it lol then yeah. You might as well just play it. I think you should.
Kind of a monkey paw wish there mind; if I do and end up discovering more questionable elements or it not being grounded enough to counterbalance the existing issues. Not sure you folks could handle another dissertation lmao 💜😭

As before, just loops back to wishing CDPR grow up past these juvenile attitudes, so everyone here can share the same level of enthusiasm without concern for how much crap they're going to have to trudge past to see how their identities are handled, or have their hype dented by repeatedly being the butt of jokes or derision.

Still, it's 4am so I should probably hit the hay. I get far too soft in the early hours, need to top up that bitch energy you know lmao. Take it easy Mediking.

giphy.gif

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to imagine the uproar if CDPR did this for one console and not the other, and what I'm imagining is pretty damn scary.
Yeah, it would be a shit show of epic magnitude if that happened. Which is why I don't think it will and both will have the option....until the DF thread comparing the PS5/Series X and then things will get wild again. It is funny how some DF PS5/Series X comparison threads become larger than the individuals games OT thread.

Mediking

Kind of a monkey paw wish there mind; if I do and end up discovering more questionable elements or it not being grounded enough to counterbalance the existing issues. Not sure you folks could handle another dissertation lmao 💜😭

As before, just loops back to wishing CDPR grow up past these juvenile attitudes, so everyone here can share the same level of enthusiasm without concern for how much crap they're going to have to trudge past to appreciate the more interesting aspects, or have their hype dented by repeatedly being the butt of jokes or derision.

Still, it's 4am so I should probably hit the hay. I get far too soft in the early hours, need to top up that bitch energy you know lmao. Take it easy Mediking.

giphy.gif
Lmao okay. Cool. Cyaaaaa

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How's the game itself? Good, great, mind blowing? Sorry if you posted impressions somewhere, can't see your posting history because of your settings.

the TLDR was that at first there was a lot of bugs but then this patch fixed a lot of them.

right now I'm having fun with it. Not blown away.

I actually think the game might have been even better if they delayed it again. It feels like a lot of functionality you'd expect (like sitting on stools for instance) just isn't there.

edit: just to expand a bit

my expectations of cyberpunk was heavily inspired by fallout new Vegas.

I expected to be able to walk into a lot of places, lots of stores vendors, etc.

I expected to be able to see a seat and sit down on it. I expected the atmosphere to be way more dense with people, music, culture, etc.

it feels like a lot of little things that can make it really immersive aren't there.

regardless of this: the gameplay, driving mechanics, and gun play is really fun and fluid. There's a lot to love here. I just think the world building and the little features that have been in fallout games for ages just aren't there. And they need to be.

Last edited:

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
the TLDR was that at first there was a lot of bugs but then this patch fixed a lot of them.

I actually think the game might have been even better if they delayed it again. It feels like a lot of functionality you'd expect (like sitting on stools for instance) just isn't there.
Oof.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Watching some leaked footage and the guy is talking about how the update today actually changed some things like the pause map and other stuff like menus are different than they were yesterday.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

I expected to be able to walk into a lot of places, lots of stores vendors, etc.

I expected to be able to see a seat and sit down on it. I expected the atmosphere to be way more dense with people, music, culture, etc.

it feels like a lot of little things that can make it really immersive aren't there.

regardless of this: the gameplay, driving mechanics, and gun play is really fun and fluid. There's a lot to love here. I just think the world building and the little features that have been in fallout games for ages just aren't there. And they need to be.
How's the writing and quest design?

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

How are the story/characters/sidequests so far? I understand density being an issue (hopefully the next gen patch addresses this to some extent) and maybe having more places to walk into (Witcher 3 was good with this actually)...but I don't think I care about things like letting me sit on stools lol. Too busy moving between places for that. But good to hear the gameplay is fluid (no Witcher-esque jank?)

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

How's the verticality in terms of explorable areas higher up in elevation in Night City? Hope there's some multi tiered areas.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017

Yeah, after going into hype overdrive when the leaks started hitting, im bringing myself back down to earth. Dont think this will be a masterpiece as so many people seem 100% confident it will be.

Hope its still really good tho

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How's the writing and quest design?
How are the story/characters/sidequests so far? I understand density being an issue (hopefully the next gen patch addresses this to some extent) and maybe having more places to walk into (Witcher 3 was good with this actually)...but I don't think I care about things like letting me sit on stools lol. Too busy moving between places for that. But good to hear the gameplay is fluid (no Witcher-esque jank?)
How's the verticality in terms of explorable areas higher up in elevation in Night City? Hope there's some multi tiered areas.

quest design is alright. Not mind blowing. The writing is alright. Again not mind blowing.

verticality is...9 hours in, almost non existent. Your apartment complex is relatively vertical but in terms of going high, I haven't experience much unless it's a mission.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
quest design is alright. Not mind blowing. The writing is alright. Again not mind blowing.

verticality is...9 hours in, almost non existent. Your apartment complex is relatively vertical but in terms of going high, I haven't experience much unless it's a mission.

What did you think of The Witcher 3? I need a reference point in order to know how much your opinion matters to me.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like a big disappointment then. The way you are describing it makes it sound like it is a mediocre game. Starting to wonder if I should keep my pre order or not.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What did you think of The Witcher 3? I need a reference point in order to know how much your opinion matters to me.

I'd consider the Witcher 3 to probably be one of the best games ever made. World and lore building in that game was pretty incredible.

you get similar vibes with this game but it just feels like something is missing.
I love fallout new vegas and it literally had none of that lol. Nostalgia goggles can be powerful

can you be specific?

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077 was never going to be a game everyone loved. Plus I do think a lot of the RPG elements, every time we have an RPG of this scale, had to be removed in terms of game design.

That and I think people have an idea of immersion and living in a world in their mind that video games are always going to struggle to hit.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a big disappointment then. The way you are describing it makes it sound like it is a mediocre game. Starting to wonder if I should keep my pre order or not.

I wouldn't say that it's a big disappointment.

i would say that as someone who was not full hype ahead (even tho I got the CE), 9 hours in I'm not really WOWED like I was with say, Witcher 3 for instance.

still have a ton to do. I haven't even scratched the surface of act 2 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.