Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Feb 3, 2019
Even more so considering we never once saw the game on those platforms until today, barring last week's leaks. How is this acceptable?
yes, I bought it early to hopefuly get it shipped close to lauch, and now I feel like a idiot cause I spent full price on a game that is clearly not there. the hype and the marketing got to me and they failed to deliver a product minimally acceptable.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Im running 2070 super and i cN have all max settings and get above 60 fps without ray tracing (1080p) but man, soon as i turn on ray tracing it goes to like 30fps. Ray tracing just isnt worth the performance hit

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The fact that every review copy they sent out is the PC version is pretty scummy. They did the whole console audience dirty, especially those with last gen systems.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
If the DLSS in this game is kinda lame it has me leaning towards buying a 6700 instead of a 3070. I think i might go with rasterization performance over features this time around. I like Ray tracing but I'm not willing to sacrifice the frames. Guess it all depends on pricing in a few months though.

I've got a 3070 and settled on ultra + DLSS Quality. Raytracing looks nice but isn't worth losing -40fps or whatever. IQ seems damn near perfect at DLSS Quality and there's still a big performance benefit.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
2080 Super with an i9-9900k and I can't even hold 60 FPS at 1440p. Goddamn. Guess I'll have to try DLSS.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
I'm still early on (an hour in) and just got access to wander around the streets. I was getting a solid 72 fps in all the indoor scenes for the most part, but outside, it fluctuates between 40-60 even if I'm standing still (DLSS is on auto - with all the other modes, it goes between 40-50 or so).

For what it's worth, I'm using a RTX 2060, i5-8400, 32gb RAM, 1440p

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or does Raytraced Lighting = Psycho looks worse than Raytraced Lighting = Off?

Psycho:
50701400087_ca95fa1c73_o.png

Off:
50701317731_3651f3932b_o.png

Like look at this. It's like the AO just gets totally fucked up with RT Lighting on:

Psycho:
50701325141_b3ab27965b_o.png

Off:
50700580263_1ec0c43462_o.png

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
what is with the render resolution in the character creator and the map? It looks super low res.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Any consensus on PS5 vs Series X?
I will have one in a few hours. I go side tracked with real life stuff so I have not been able to boot up the PS5 version. I have about 4 hours or so in on the Series X version. I also started 1 male and 1 female character. One Nomad and one Corpro. Going to do the same on PS5 in a little bit to see how the games compare. I will also run them at the same time to do a like for like of the same location etc. to see if I spot anything.

So far though on Series X, performance has been perfect...not noticeable frame rate drops at all. Image is a bit blurry at times, but other times it is crystal clear. It could be the resolution being dynamic. But overall I think it looks pretty damn good overall. I did turn off Depth of Field, Motion Blur, Chromatic A., Lens Flair and Film Grain and think it looks much cleaner and less visual noise with all those off.

But I will report back after I put a few hours into the PS5 version which I should be booting up in the next 30 min or so.

Chasex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Playing at 5120x1440 on a G9 with a 3080. Mix of High and Ultra settings. Getting between 40-60 fps which is fine with gsync and this type of game.

Heading out into the open city with all the bells and whistles enabled is frankly one of the craziest things I've ever seen in gaming. The level of detail and density of the city is just incredible.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it weren't for my Ryzen 3600X my 1060 6gb would be in shambles right now. Getting 40 fps average with most settings on low and some on medium at 1080p.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I will have one in a few hours. I go side tracked with real life stuff so I have not been able to boot up the PS5 version. I have about 4 hours or so in on the Series X version. I also started 1 male and 1 female character. One Nomad and one Corpro. Going to do the same on PS5 in a little bit to see how the games compare. I will also run them at the same time to do a like for like of the same location etc. to see if I spot anything.

So far though on Series X, performance has been perfect...not noticeable frame rate drops at all. Image is a bit blurry at times, but other times it is crystal clear. It could be the resolution being dynamic. But overall I think it looks pretty damn good overall. I did turn off Depth of Field, Motion Blur, Chromatic A., Lens Flair and Film Grain and think it looks much cleaner and less visual noise with all those off.

But I will report back after I put a few hours into the PS5 version which I should be booting up in the next 30 min or so.
really looking forward to your findings, as someone with both consoles on the fence myself I'm having a hard time deciding. had xsx version pre ordered but man there's a lot of noise out there and its hard to get a good consensus. then again, everything will probably be different in a few weeks anyways if they patch more in quickly

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4 hours in, playing on Ultra has been fine. Only ran into one bug that made me have to load an autosave, but no real damage done. Been enjoying it.

One question though, in the gameplay premiere, couldn't Jackie help cover you when talking to the Militech lady? I didn't see an option to do so this time.

May 26, 2018
People weren't kidding when they said the origin path story is short.

You know in GTA how you are new in town and begin to do some missions, getting to know the local contacts and stuff?

In this game it all happens in a 2 minute cutscene and then fast forwards you 6 months later.

WTF

Wow, that sucks. They should've just taken out the lifepaths and spent more time introducing you to the characters.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Though I'm still getting a ton of crashing and whatnot and can't play for too long...

I don't care for the MC being voiced at all. He just sounds needlessly edgy. I hate when games hype up playing choice but just stick you in the shoes of an insufferable douche bag. Maybe once the game opens up the dialogue choices will get a bit better.

Jul 26, 2018
Is it me or does Raytraced Lighting = Psycho looks worse than Raytraced Lighting = Off?

Psycho:
50701400087_ca95fa1c73_o.png

Off:
50701317731_3651f3932b_o.png

Like look at this. It's like the AO just gets totally fucked up with RT Lighting on:

Psycho:
50701325141_b3ab27965b_o.png

Off:
50700580263_1ec0c43462_o.png
I just did a 2 hour test with several settings to try.

At this point especially the screenshot you provided.. i'm truly convinced that RT is just not worth it for this game. I literally see NO difference whatsoever. Im a blind or something? I'm playing this game on my new LG CX too. I kept turning RT on and off at certain locations and was like "ok??? where's the difference?"

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
The fact that every review copy they sent out is the PC version is pretty scummy. They did the whole console audience dirty, especially those with last gen systems.
It really is. They obviously knew the game wouldn't be rated anywhere in 90s if they sent the reviewers the console version.
Hope they get flak they deserve for this. It's false advertising.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
I see. So just max everything out and turn on dlss to get the best results?

Depends on your GPU and target res. All forms of DLSS will give a worse image quality than native, and ray tracing absolutely murders hardware. This game has kinda sold me on ray tracing though, I think it adds a lot especially with reflections, but if you run native/ultra/DLSS quality you'll push much better framerates than with ray tracing on.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Abby Russell is streaming it right now on Twitch and the character she has created looks hilarious lol!

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's something wrong. A friend of mine and i have the exact same config, he's stuck at like 40fps in town, and i'm not.
(3080 RTX / 3800+ Ryzen / 1440p)

Apparently the game isn't even using 20% of our graphics cards., according to the task manager. I looked on Reddit and a lot of people have the same issue. Some said that they fixed it by reinstalling NVIDIA Drivers.

Jedi79

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have suggestions for hdr10 pq , hdr srgb or hdr off, I have an LG C9 and 3080.. also what about paper white?!

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone remember how bad Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor looked on PS3? That last gen to next gen jump is never pretty.

Then you think of the scope and magnitude of Cyberpunk...

This game probably had no business being on last gen consoles. Imagine the feedback if it released before the new consoles. 😬

May 26, 2018
Yeah there's something wrong. A friend of mine and i have the exact same config, he's stuck at like 40fps in town, and i'm not.
(3080 RTX / 3800+ Ryzen / 1440p)

Apparently the game isn't even using 20% of our graphics cards., according to the task manager. I looked on Reddit and a lot of people have the same issue. Some said that they fixed it by reinstalling NVIDIA Drivers.

This is kinda early access huh...

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
Depends on your GPU and target res. All forms of DLSS will give a worse image quality than native, and ray tracing absolutely murders hardware. This game has kinda sold me on ray tracing though, I think it adds a lot especially with reflections, but if you run native/ultra/DLSS quality you'll push much better framerates than with ray tracing on.

I see. I'm running a 3080 and just trying to get the most optimal results. First time using DLSS and not sure what it does to be honest

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Unless the life paths have some influence on things later on, that was a complete waste of energy for the devs. Whole thing is like... 10 minutes of gameplay.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
really looking forward to your findings, as someone with both consoles on the fence myself I'm having a hard time deciding. had xsx version pre ordered but man there's a lot of noise out there and its hard to get a good consensus. then again, everything will probably be different in a few weeks anyways if they patch more in quickly
Well right now I have zero issues other than a slightly soft image at times. Performance has been great. I switch to Quality and frankly I cant really see a big difference in the image, but boy it feels rough frame rate wise in Quality. It seems like there is a frame pacing issue....going back to performance is night and day and would only recommend that way to play it on Series X.

Heading up to my game room to boot up the PS5 version right now...be back in a few.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the controls how i want them on pc with DS4.

Fucking "turning bonus" was making the aim accelerate midway. Why does every developer do this? No one likes aim acceleration! Stop it.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I think there is a bug with DLSS and alt tabbing. I had my frames once you hit reach street level drop to 20 to 30fps and I accidently alt tabbed then my fps went back to 50-60