Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone found a rifle or any other weapon to silently and stealthily incapacitate(or kill) enemies?Only sniper rifle i have is loud and I can't put a silencer on it

Paronth

Oct 25, 2017
I had 2 crash in 7 hours on PS5, since I deleted the game, reinstalled it and rebuild database in safe mode, I didn't have any other crash for now.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Care to share your tweaks?

The most important thing it to set the horizontal and vertical turning bonuses to zero.

4d1078f5-93b6-4180-8xcjsb.jpeg

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
I really wished aiming with a controller felt better.. i kinda wanna relax and lounge with this game cos it's not all action all the time. But it just doesn't feel good aiming with the sticks... doesn't have the right amount of stickiness and bullet magnetism,

I was having that problem too until I changed the settings and sensitivity. There is a post in this thread about it. I forgot the value and I'm away from home.

Series X
Edit: look two posts above mine

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about 15 hours in and honestly? I am super into this. I wasnt' really hyped for it, but the story/story drive side missions are great.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I was having that problem too until I changed the settings and sensitivity. There is a post in this thread about it. I forgot the value and I'm away from home.

Series X

The deadzone and ADS sens slider is broken. No matter what you do the ADS aiming will always feel weird because of that.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Just for testing I tried the game at locked 30 fps and as with all other games I wonder why 30fps feels like a slideshow and on console it feels so much smoother. Still have no explanation for this.
Yeah it's like treacle for some reason, I think the camera movement.

40fps is the cut off point for me I'm finding, anywhere below that and it's barf bag territory. But I can definitely easily tolerate less than 60 when a game looks as good as this does, and with gsync

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One that gets me about the game is how much CDPR decided to show at events and shows. The majority of Act 1 had been shown, so you already knew what key events were going to happen before they took place. Kind of a bummer to be honest

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
One that gets me about the game is how much CDPR decided to show at events and shows. The majority of Act 1 had been shown, so you already knew what key events were going to happen before they took place. Kind of a bummer to be honest
Agreed. The climax of Act 1 is sort of undercut.

Was a bit shocked actually, I was figuring the marketing would have just been for flavor. Or maybe showing one optional path...

Thankfully the game picks up after that in a nice way.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Come on You really gonna compare a linear game to a open world game? That a ridiculous expectation.

The roleplaying opportunities are just like they are in CDPRs other games. V is an existing character but you get to shade his personality and make his choices, just like with Geralt.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Having fun driving around finding new side missions / gigs to do. Just did the one where you go inside the Tiger Claws dojo to bust out Roh. I liked the different paths that I found you could take. It's a small mission like this where the game comes together. You could fight 15 people or you could stealth and take out like 4-5 and distract people to sneak through. If you have body 8 or Technical 8 it makes the job even easier by giving you access to skip everyone but you have to go out of your way to look for these paths. Good design.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
WTF i was doing the cab missions. Tracked down a car in Pacifica but was really underleveled there as you need to fight some people there. So i build.
Then i get a message all my cab jobs have failed and they are under the failed section. Why?

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Am I missing something with the muzzle and scope mods? I have a few of each in my inventory but can't seem to apply them to any of my weapons. Are they separated into pistol, LMG etc or does it go even more specific than that, in that one type of scope only fits one specific gun?

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Are these summarised anywhere in text format?
Standard Optimised Settings
Contact Shadows: On
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: On
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: High
Local Shadow Quality High
Cascaded Shadows Range: High
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: Medium
Distant Shadows Resolution: High
Volumetric Fog Resolution: 1080p Ultra, 1440p High, 4K Medium
Volumetric Cloud Quality: Medium
Max Dynamic Decals: Ultra
Screen Space Reflections Quality: Low but High if you find the amount of grain distracting.
Subsurface Scattering Quality: High
Ambient Occlusion: Low (there is barely a difference)
Colour Precision: Medium
Mirror Quality: 1080p High. 1440p High, 4K Medium
Level of Detail: High

Recommended Ray Tracing Settings
Ray Traced Reflections: On
Ray Traced Shadows: Off
Ray Traced Lighting: Medium
If that is not enough for you, Turn off reflections - the RT lighting is more important, on balance.

Image Quality Recommendations: 1080p DLSS Quality, 1440p, DLSS Balanced, 4K, DLSS Performance

Video goes into detail about reasoning and shows comparisons. Pretty helpful!

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Screen Space Reflections Quality: Low but High if you find the amount of grain distracting.
If that is not enough for you, Turn off reflections - the RT lighting is more important, on balance.
Image Quality Recommendations: 1080p DLSS Quality, 1440p, DLSS Balanced, 4K, DLSS Performance

Nice, thank you, much appreciated. :)

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something with the muzzle and scope mods? I have a few of each in my inventory but can't seem to apply them to any of my weapons. Are they separated into pistol, LMG etc or does it go even more specific than that, in that one type of scope only fits one specific gun?

Once the weapon is in your slot, click on the weapon, it should be on the left to add a muzzle or scope to that weapon. Some guns can't get them. Double barrel shotgun can't get a scope for example.

Kyberpunk

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in act 2, any tips how to make some cash?

Also in act 2, getting tens of thousands of eddies fairly quickly by doing a ton of gigs and side jobs, selling most of the weapons I loot, using Body/Tech stats to explore all locked rooms (sometimes they have a few hundred or thousand in cash hidden inside, or purple epic gear), and getting the Intelligence perk that earns you more cash from the Datamine daemon (now every access point I hack gets me about 1000 eddies).

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
AI is one of the worst I've ever seen in a videogame, my god, it's totally ruining my enjoyment of enemy encounters. How this was not even mentioned in a lot of reviews is beyond me, this game is broken in so many aspects... 90 metacritic lmao

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I'm in act 2, any tips how to make some cash?

I had no money either but then I started going around clearing out gangs, the blue icons on the map, you get tons of loot and sometimes you find something to hack. Then just sell all of it.

Though personally I disassemble everything cause I'm going heavy into tech and crafting.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Even though I'm waiting to play until they fix many of the problems (and maybe upgrade my PC) I gave it a quick run through the first part of the prologue with Hotfix 1.04 patch, just to see how it runs.

i7 6700k @4.6Ghz, GTX 1070, running at 1080p, I can get around 60fps on a mix of Low / Medium settings but it's not a locked 60fps. Looks good but not perfect.

I can get a locked 30fps with all settings maxed out though, no Ray Tracing of course but everything else turned all the way up and the game looks absolutely stunning.

Definitely will be worth waiting to upgrade, to play with Max settings at 60fps.

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017

These are useful, thanks. Though I disagree with prioritizing RT Lighting over Reflections. I find the RT reflections way more noticeable, they add a lot more to the game. RT Lighting is only noticeable really in alleyways and such where stuff is lit a bit "fake" with standard lighting.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Even though I'm waiting to play until they fix many of the problems (and maybe upgrade my PC) I gave it a quick run through the first part of the prologue with Hotfix 1.04 patch, just to see how it runs.

i7 6700k @4.6Ghz, GTX 1070, running at 1080p, I can get around 60fps on a mix of Low / Medium settings but it's not a locked 60fps. Looks good but not perfect.

I can get a locked 30fps with all settings maxed out though, no Ray Tracing of course but everything else turned all the way up and the game looks absolutely stunning.

Definitely will be worth waiting to upgrade, to play with Max settings at 60fps.

Not having DLSS really is a pain in the ass when you are trying to squeeze every single frame out of the game. You don't want to go too far below 60 but you also don't want the game to look like garbage.

jkh13

Oct 27, 2017
These settings worked very well for me using RTX 3080 and Ryzen 3700x with an LG C9 OLED (4K):

Graphics setting Ultra preset
- Modified Cascade shadow resolution to Medium (Basically no difference in quality for a big increase in FPS)
- Turned off Chromatic abberation
- Turned off Film grain

RTX Ultra preset
- Unchanged

DLSS Auto
- This appears a bit blurry compared to quality/balanced but gave me an extra 15fps at 4K
- Optional: I turned on Nvidia sharpening in Nvidia control panel to clean up some of the blurriness, left it at default values, program specific to Cyberpunk. (https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...-image-sharpening-in-the-nvidia-control-panel)

GSYNC/VSYNC (optional)
- Turn on GSYNC in Nvidia control panel
- Turn ON VSYNC always on in Nvidia control panel, program specific to Cyberpunk (This is important to entirely remove tearing, GSYNC alone won't do this)
- Turn OFF VSYNC in Cyberpunk 2077 in game settings. (It's completely broken in game, crazy input lag)

Other optimizations:
- AMD Ryzen fix (https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/) This can give you up to 15% extra performance in some scenarios
- Change Cyberpunk 2077 Windows GPU utilisation to performance (https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/how-to-set-per-app-graphical-performance-settings-in-windows-10)

With the above settings I am getting close to 100% GPU utilization, 50+ FPS average outdoors in crowded scenes.