Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
I'm guessing this will finally answer the question I've been asking since I started playing: where keanu?
Without getting into spoilers, I'll just say that Act 1 is basically a prologue for the actual story of the game.

Edit: Also, for those who have jumped back in, did the skill tree changes actually fix that system? Or was it more of a pass to clean up the most egregious perks? While it didn't ruin my experience with the game, it did cheapen the experience to see so many dead perks in so many of the skill trees, with hacking being so obviously and easily OP if you built into it to a decent degree.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I started a new playthrough after having finished the game already once on Series X. Looks great to me. A lot sharper than it was on Xbox One version.

If only they could overhaul the cyberware system, so that the cyberware augmentations would mean permanent changes to organic parts of the body. The ability to switch cyberware at will via a simple UI makes the whole process feel risk and consequence free, which seems wrong in a game like this. Powerful cyberware should come with a loss of humanity. I think that is what happens in Cyberpunk RPG games as well.

Mar 8, 2018
Are we assuming that the traffic and NPC density is identical between PS5 and XSX in the same graphics modes? I've seen some comparison videos, and while the graphics feature set seems identical, it's hard to get a sense of density when the scene is so dynamic. I'd rather buy on PS5 because it's $5 cheaper right now.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Oh nice. I know it differs for every TV but what settings are generally recommended for HDR calibration in the game? I don't understand those settings very well.
I've just left the tone mapping at the default of 2 and set the luminance to 700. Paperwhite at 200 but that's just how bright the UI is so up to you

Google your TV or monitor at rtings to find your maximum luminance. Mine is 700

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of feel forced to spec into high int + hax given how pretty much everything can be manipulated that way.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
I downloaded the trial on PS5 and after launching the game, the patch 1.5 has started to download.
No matter what I do, the patch won't download more than 121.4 MB. I tried EVERYTHING, and I have more than 1GB of free space on my SSD.

Any help please? :(

Slochy

Oct 25, 2017
Getting some super atrocious lagging on entering/exiting the Map and/or Inventory a few minutes after being in the game on my 3080. FPS are plummeting down to as much as ~20 before recovering a few seconds after exiting the menu. Sometimes the fps won't recover at all, forcing me to restart the game. Could be VRAM related as changing several RTX and DLSS related settings seem to delay this fuckery.

Whide

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I downloaded the trial on PS5 and after launching the game, the patch 1.5 has started to download.
No matter what I do, the patch won't download more than 121.4 MB. I tried EVERYTHING, and I have more than 1GB of free space on my SSD.

Any help please? :(
I think the patch is like 50GB in size, so you might need atleast 60GB of free space on your SSD.

laughingmood

Apr 29, 2018
I think the patch is like 50GB in size, so you might need atleast 60GB of free space on your SSD.
[/QUOTE

The game itself is 55ish GB but the patch is about 1.5GB. PS is notorious for this. Need to have much more space on your drive than needed for specific updates. Will have to delete a few small things until it takes.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I really dislike how you can barely interact with the world. Like I just want to sit and eat noodles at a stand or something.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I really dislike how you can barely interact with the world. Like I just want to sit and eat noodles at a stand or something.

yeah.. :/ one of my biggest issues with the game so far... I want to explore the world, it's beautiful... but when you go to some street market and you can't interact with anything(except maybe some vending machine), it feels more like something out of Disney World to look at and less like a living world you're a part of.

The other big, big, BIG issue for me are the controls... holy fuck, why does it constantly feel I'm fighting the game. Even after a lot of tinkering, it never feels right... as others have said, ADS must be bugged or something... it's basically not possible for me to aim properly during fights.

Don't even get me started about controls during fist fights.

The vehicle controls are passable, but are just weird.

I still like the game, I want to play it, want to explore the story and sidequests... I'm honestly just sad, the game is making it hard for me to really like it.

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
Any way to change my guys nails? I don't want to start over but seeing his nails so long grosses me out and I can't change it on the appearance menu in the apartment

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
With this new patch, what is the recommended difficulty to start with for a good balance that is not frustrating, but also you can feel the progress? Normal or Hard?

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
Started the trial on Series X. Super glad I waited until now to experience this, because it feels very polished to me. Controls are pretty weird, but servicable.

One thing however: I am in Act 1 and I have no idea what the hell is going on. The game just throws so much exposition at me and I just do not know who is who, what I am doing or what anyone's intentions are. Does this change at any point? Is there any material I can read to grasp what these missions are about?

I really hate playing something and then making sense of the story afterwards. I just want to know what is happening WHILE I play.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
yeah.. :/ one of my biggest issues with the game so far... I want to explore the world, it's beautiful... but when you go to some street market and you can't interact with anything(except maybe some vending machine), it feels more like something out of Disney World to look at and less like a living world you're a part of.

The other big, big, BIG issue for me are the controls... holy fuck, why does it constantly feel I'm fighting the game. Even after a lot of tinkering, it never feels right... as others have said, ADS must be bugged or something... it's basically not possible for me to aim properly during fights.

Don't even get me started about controls during fist fights.

The vehicle controls are passable, but are just weird.

I still like the game, I want to play it, want to explore the story and sidequests... I'm honestly just sad, the game is making it hard for me to really like it.
Yeah, it's not a very good open-world game. I did enjoy the main story quest though, but it fails big time at the open-world aspect.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
With this new patch, what is the recommended difficulty to start with for a good balance that is not frustrating, but also you can feel the progress? Normal or Hard?

i'm on very hard and i've die a lot (i'm around level 6)... hard could be perfect. Something brother me i've bought contagion and put all my point into Damage of Quickhacking and it's freaking garbage... became better later or the nerf is really serious since 1.5 ?

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i just ralized that

if jackie didnt pass the biochip at the last moment, johnny would have revived on jackie's body

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Started the trial on Series X. Super glad I waited until now to experience this, because it feels very polished to me. Controls are pretty weird, but servicable.

One thing however: I am in Act 1 and I have no idea what the hell is going on. The game just throws so much exposition at me and I just do not know who is who, what I am doing or what anyone's intentions are. Does this change at any point? Is there any material I can read to grasp what these missions are about?

I really hate playing something and then making sense of the story afterwards. I just want to know what is happening WHILE I play.

It's been a while, so not willing to comment on the story as a whole, but the beginning is most definitely a cut up mess that makes very little sense. It should get better, but that might take until Act 2.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017

Did you read all of the codex on the journal? If not, I would recommend that, and yes, the game does not do a great job at introducing you to the world and the events going on. You'll eventually learn it, but reading the codex does help.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
i just ralized that

if jackie didnt pass the biochip at the last moment, johnny would have revived on jackie's body
Maybe. I feel like the game implies it covers brain trauma only. If it didn't, there wouldn't really be a game over screen.

starlesbian

Unshakable Resolve
May 6, 2021
20220217175215_1.jpg
20220217180804_1.jpg

managed to get this running at 1440/60 with rtx lighting on my rtx 3070/ryzen 5 5600x combo and god DAMN it looks great. jury is still out on writing and gameplay but worst case im honestly happy to keep this installed just to ride around night city and admire the views.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't quite like the image quality on consoles, it's very blurry. Given the density of the world and everything going on, I feel like it's finally a "next-gen" game, though. Not the prettiest by any means, but it's quite nice. I suppose it looks comparable now to the game running on LOW/MID PC.

For the game itself, I absolutely enjoy the quests and the gameplay loop.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe. I feel like the game implies it covers brain trauma only. If it didn't, there wouldn't really be a game over screen.
yeah once vik started 'splaining i thought that maybe not, but the conversation is ambiguos because Vik says that the chip won;t let anyone with it, die, since it's corpo secret stuff

but alas, we will never know i guess

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I still don't quite like the image quality on consoles, it's very blurry. Given the density of the world and everything going on, I feel like it's finally a "next-gen" game, though. Not the prettiest by any means, but it's quite nice. I suppose it looks comparable now to the game running on LOW/MID PC.

For the game itself, I absolutely enjoy the quests and the gameplay loop.
I think it looks pretty good overall, but the worst thing for me (on PS5) is the SSR quality. It's pretty ugly and ruins the overall look at times.

EraLurker24

Feb 9, 2022
I'm just playing it for the first time today on PS5, but so far so good. I'm not going in expecting GTA5 but more like a Deus Ex or maybe even Bioware experience, which probably helps.

Not bad for $10, lol.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say I really like how they've spaced out the gigs you get from fixers now. Before it was just way too many things on the map but now you actually have to complete a certain amount before you unlock more.

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
Just jumped into the trial seems pretty good expect one thing, the gun combat >.> anyone know of a control setup that works on PS5? I've looked online for optimal settings but still feels bad. It's so hard to aim

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
20220217175215_1.jpg
20220217180804_1.jpg

managed to get this running at 1440/60 with rtx lighting on my rtx 3070/ryzen 5 5600x combo and god DAMN it looks great. jury is still out on writing and gameplay but worst case im honestly happy to keep this installed just to ride around night city and admire the views.
Mind sharing what settings you're using? Cause my 3070 + 3800X can't run it over 60fps at 2080x1080 for the life of me :/ I don't recall it running this bad pre patch.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I was hoping this next gen update would fix the darkness. In dark areas this game is ridiculously dark, pitch black even almost, can't see shit. On series x

AndyB1974

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone running into issues with the latest patch. The CD Projekt Red Devs are aware of the below issues

forums.cdprojektred.com

Currently investigated issues [last updated: 25.03.2022 - Patch 1.52]

Thanks for all the feedback regarding Cyberpunk 2077. We really appreciate all the messages arriving from all over the world – please keep them coming. Following the Patch 1.52 we wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are aware of the following problems reported by some players: FPS...

I'm specifically running into the launch issue on PC due to my audio software.
Thanks for this. I'm using a ps4 pro with physical disk version so that explains why the game won't launch and the 'data corrrupted, please reinstall game' message I'm getting. What a fucking shitshow.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any good articles on the performance on the PS5 and all the changes? Also how do you get the PS5 version if you have the disc PS4 version?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Just jumped into the trial seems pretty good expect one thing, the gun combat >.> anyone know of a control setup that works on PS5? I've looked online for optimal settings but still feels bad. It's so hard to aim
twinfinite.net

Cyberpunk 2077: Best Controller Settings

Developed by CD Projekt Red, Cyberpunk 2077 is easily one of the most hotly anticipated video game releases of the year. It features a gritty sci-fi

Was a huge help for me.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I know given the game this is a disappointment for most, but to me it keeps the game far more manageable. I personally am liking how linear it is but I like linear games
Any good articles on the performance on the PS5 and all the changes? Also how do you get the PS5 version if you have the disc PS4 version?
Just out in the PLAY disc

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe how massive this update is in terms of size. Shit better be truly next-gen when I boot it up again. I also am sure its broken all my mods.

starlesbian

Unshakable Resolve
May 6, 2021
Mind sharing what settings you're using? Cause my 3070 + 3800X can't run it over 60fps at 2080x1080 for the life of me :/ I don't recall it running this bad pre patch.
will send my full settings next time I'm on the game but just looking at your system my best guess is that you're CPU bound due to the lower resolution + weaker CPU. i'd recommend you turn down crowd density and cascade shadow range to low as they are both pretty CPU-heavy options and may improve performance!

Oct 27, 2017
ATL

Ray-traced Shadows now include local lights. Before the patch, it only took in to account the light form the sun. This is why performance is worse now. You can either disable RT Shadows, or lower your resolution to gain back performance.

They really should have created an extra setting so that, if users preferred, only have RT Shadows from the Sun to save performance without sacrificing RT Shadows all together.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
will send my full settings next time I'm on the game but just looking at your system my best guess is that you're CPU bound due to the lower resolution + weaker CPU. i'd recommend you turn down crowd density and cascade shadow range to low as they are both pretty CPU-heavy options and may improve performance!
But my cpu utilization is 60-70% and it's not that low range of a cpu, and pre patch it worked fine....I uninstalled and put it down for download again maybe that'll fix it.