Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finally gonna do this mission for Dexter DeShawn after 12 levels and 23 jobs for Regina lol.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the game is going to end (hen the expansion releases and it cools down) on a high note. Guess when the next Cyberpunk game gets announced people are gonna be pretty excited.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the game is going to end (hen the expansion releases and it cools down) on a high note. Guess when the next Cyberpunk game gets announced people are gonna be pretty excited.
Trigger saved Cyberpunk (jk)

I reinstalled myself since I know there's updates and mods, is there any mods that are like must have at this point?

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

I reinstalled myself since I know there's updates and mods, is there any mods that are like must have at this point?
Not really, most are visual mods that add clothing or visual cyberware (or horny mods mostly). Now that redMod is out more might pop-up. Before there were some mods that fixed stuff they already added in 1.5 or 1.6, like transmog, vehicle handling or minimap enchancements. Take a look at https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077

As a recommendation, look for mods that have redmod in the title or description, those are the easy to install ones, the others require unofficial tools like Cyber Engine Tweaks and/or redscript, and it might mess up the game files enough that might make you verify files or reinstall in order ot remove them. With redmod, you acan just toggle modding on or off from the launcher.

Oct 25, 2017
if I want to play a character that's agile, jumps high jumps fast and uses quick melee weapons and also good with stealth what should I put points into?

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really, most are visual mods that add clothing or visual cyberware (or horny mods mostly). Now that redMod is out more might pop-up. Before there were some mods that fixed stuff they already added in 1.5 or 1.6, like transmog, vehicle handling or minimap enchancements. Take a look at https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077

As a recommendation, look for mods that have redmod in the title or description, those are the easy to install ones, the others require unofficial tools like Cyber Engine Tweaks and/or redscript, and it might mess up the game files enough that might make you verify files or reinstall in order ot remove them. With redmod, you acan just toggle modding on or off from the launcher.
Yeah, for now I just did the immersive First Person mod. Sounds like its just a matter of waiting. A mod to change up the ads would be nice.

Last edited:

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
Played it only the first week, for those with multiple playthroughs how radically different is the game since the first ~10 days of release vs now? Was waiting for the DLC but 2023 is too damn far away.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like difficulty mods are a must. With the original release being rushed, it's pretty clear that they went the route of giving themselves as wide a berth as possible, because they didn't have the time to check the entirety of the game any sort of difficulty chokepoint would make things even more disastrous than their launch already was. I think they've tightened it up a bit in subsequent patches, but it's still not close to right.

Full Gameplay Rebalance was the best option, but it got left behind with 1.5. I'm about to start another playthrough once I get through Edgerunners, and there does seem to be a range of mods that can basically achieve the same effect when used together:

Level Scaling and Balance
Scissors Difficulty Options
Simple Weapon Stat Customization
AI Netrunners Enhanced
Healing System Rework

QOL stuff:

Better Minimap
Enhanced Craft
Hide Read Shards
Limited HUD
Item Level Scaled Upgrade Cost
Track What You Want
Better Vehicle Handling

Fun stuff:
Let There Be Flight - All Cars Flying
The Quest - The Lower Market Rewards
Weather Probability Rebalance
Metro System
Limited Fast Travel
GTA Travel
Hidden Packages

Then there's skins and car models and stuff like that.

If nothing else, I would definitely recommend Level Scaling, Scissors Difficulty Options, Healing Rework, and Simple Weapon Stat Customization. The first 3 are self-explanatory, SWSC is great because it really lets you fix up a lot of the weapons that are pretty dinky in vanilla. For instance, shotguns often feel super underpowered because of the way that pellet spread works, but they're a blast at like 1.5x damage, and the base LMG feels slow and underwhelming, but lower the damage and up the fire rate and recoil and it feels like

ThriftyRichAlpinegoat-size_restricted.gif

Also, turn off damage, hit, and all other kinds of directional indicators in the UI options.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Played it only the first week, for those with multiple playthroughs how radically different is the game since the first ~10 days of release vs now? Was waiting for the DLC but 2023 is too damn far away.

It's mostly been QoL stuff, but as of now there's been a couple of 'major' upgrades- the skill talent trees are somewhat better in terms of the skills actually working now (i.e. not being broken), and less overlap, throwing knives automatically return after a certain amount of time (rather than having to manually retrieve them), and there are a few new gigs from each of the fixers for completing their missions, including some pretty good weapons

(Wakako's sword is nuts if you're going blades)

The major 'story' beats, and gameplay features, haven't changed all THAT much, save for nerfing of int-based cyberhack crit-stacking damage, and also to snipers and heavier assault rifles now requiring more body stat to wield effectively.

....that being said, most of the major game breaking bugs/glitches have been fixed, including not getting calls from the various other sidequest characters (mainly Kerry).

edit: There's also transmog for your clothes, though how useful/important that is to you may be up for debate.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Still feels weird to not need a single weapon on a pure netrunner build. I'm just dismantling everything at this point. I kinda wish the monowire still scaled with Cool so that I could at least carry that around just for the hell of it. But I'm not interested in putting points into Reflex just for that.

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still feels weird to not need a single weapon on a pure netrunner build. I'm just dismantling everything at this point. I kinda wish the monowire still scaled with Cool so that I could at least carry that around just for the hell of it. But I'm not interested in putting points into Reflex just for that.

The game breaks very easily, with several different build archetypes. You might want to try building a bit in a different direction, just to give yourself gameplay variety. If you plan to complete most of the game's content you will max the basic stats/perks you need for your hacking build relatively early on, and on top of that - as you're apparently already discovering - you will trivialize 99% of combat encounters.

One thing I like to do with hacking builds is spend some points in stats/perks that boost any high-rate-of-fire gun, and then combine it with the legendary shock hack and some modest investment in crit-increasing perks, stats, and gear. This is also stupidly broken, unfortunately, but it's pretty fun and lets your hacker build light people up with electricity at range.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish the monowire still scaled with Cool so that I could at least carry that around just for the hell of it. But I'm not interested in putting points into Reflex just for that.

I feel like Monowire, even after several buffs, is still considerably weaker for respective builds compared to mantis blades or gorilla arms in terms of a 'bonus/extra' weapon you can always have.

The damage output just isn't there, unless you commit to stealth charge attacks and waiting for the charge to charge up, and even then it's basically faster to use a silenced revolver and just headshot, or actually just use a katana or the mantis blades (though the mantis blades aren't great either, compared to most any iconic katana, given their slow swing speed and long kill animation, especially with Wakako's sword also now having the dash)

I get 'why' they scaled it to reflex instead of cool for lore/narrative reasons (also since it scales on blade perks now), but it does feel like a second, worse mantis blades, unless you really wanna spread status effects outside of bleed.

Maybe it would have been better with just being OP-ish, but requiring super heavy cool investment, and changing some of the cold-blooded perks to benefit it specifically? Idk, but it definitely lacks an identity compared to the other two....even if it is better than the rocket launcher arm.

edit: Though if you're going pure int, aside from some cool for crit + cold-blooded RAM refresh perks, what else would you be spending attribute points on?

if I want to play a character that's agile, jumps high jumps fast and uses quick melee weapons and also good with stealth what should I put points into?

As was mentioned above, Reflex and Cool (specifically, blades, cold-blooded running + armor perks that stack per kill, and stealth) are what you want, though you'll likely need some points in either body for more health ( + stamina for swinging the sword and sprinting with athleticism), or tech for crafting armor upgrades/better versions of your iconic weapons.

....Kinda sorta related, but TBH, I've not found any of the level '20' investment perks to be worth it, but now I'm wondering if I should make a full blades-only character and actually use the kereznikov instead of a cyberdeck.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

I've got a bunch of mods installed but honestly none of them are must have. CDPR kinda already hit the major stuff modding was covering in their patches (especially 1.5) so the stuff that used to be essential (driving mods, mini-map mod, perk rebalances, transmog) aren't really needed any more.

However there are a few QoL mods I quite like:

Custom Quickslots for Consumables this one is my favorite- makes it easy to quickly swap grenade types, eat food, drink water, activate cybermods, etc without needing to go into a menu.
No camera auto-centering Stops the camera from auto centering while driving (individual files for first and third person)
No Intro Videos Self explanatory

Santini

Oct 25, 2017

I'm one of those new players that recently bought the game because of the anime.

Aside from using No Intro Videos, I also Trigger-fied (sorry) my main menu.

Let You Down - Dawid Podsiadlo - Main Menu Replacer
This replaces the main menu music. The uploader has also done other songs from the anime.

Let you down - Edgerunners Main menu background replacer
This replaces the main menu animation; this one in particular matches the song above since it's from the prequel animation/music video.

Alternate Edgerunners main menu replacements
These are much shorter. If you prefer David and Lucy sitting on the moon or Becca shooting at you, go for these.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a bunch of mods installed but honestly none of them are must have. CDPR kinda already hit the major stuff modding was covering in their patches (especially 1.5) so the stuff that used to be essential (driving mods, mini-map mod, perk rebalances, transmog) aren't really needed any more.

However there are a few QoL mods I quite like:

Custom Quickslots for Consumables this one is my favorite- makes it easy to quickly swap grenade types, eat food, drink water, activate cybermods, etc without needing to go into a menu.
No camera auto-centering Stops the camera from auto centering while driving (individual files for first and third person)
No Intro Videos Self explanatory
Oh man that Camera one will be great, thanks.
I feel like difficulty mods are a must. With the original release being rushed, it's pretty clear that they went the route of giving themselves as wide a berth as possible, because they didn't have the time to check the entirety of the game any sort of difficulty chokepoint would make things even more disastrous than their launch already was. I think they've tightened it up a bit in subsequent patches, but it's still not close to right.

Full Gameplay Rebalance was the best option, but it got left behind with 1.5. I'm about to start another playthrough once I get through Edgerunners, and there does seem to be a range of mods that can basically achieve the same effect when used together:

Level Scaling and Balance
Scissors Difficulty Options
Simple Weapon Stat Customization
AI Netrunners Enhanced
Healing System Rework

QOL stuff:

Better Minimap
Enhanced Craft
Hide Read Shards
Limited HUD
Item Level Scaled Upgrade Cost
Track What You Want
Better Vehicle Handling

Fun stuff:
Let There Be Flight - All Cars Flying
The Quest - The Lower Market Rewards
Weather Probability Rebalance
Metro System
Limited Fast Travel
GTA Travel
Hidden Packages

Then there's skins and car models and stuff like that.

If nothing else, I would definitely recommend Level Scaling, Scissors Difficulty Options, Healing Rework, and Simple Weapon Stat Customization. The first 3 are self-explanatory, SWSC is great because it really lets you fix up a lot of the weapons that are pretty dinky in vanilla. For instance, shotguns often feel super underpowered because of the way that pellet spread works, but they're a blast at like 1.5x damage, and the base LMG feels slow and underwhelming, but lower the damage and up the fire rate and recoil and it feels like

ThriftyRichAlpinegoat-size_restricted.gif

Also, turn off damage, hit, and all other kinds of directional indicators in the UI options.
Is there any mod that makes looking for better weapons easier? I'm struggling with the UI since it seems to just do the red or green arrow based on DPS?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just glad Edgerunners and 2077 have introduced more people to the excellent Let's Eat Grandma.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any mod that makes looking for better weapons easier? I'm struggling with the UI since it seems to just do the red or green arrow based on DPS?
What exactly are you looking for in "better weapons"? There are a few different random modifiers, but DPS is 99% of it. IIRC, all the weapons have the same DPS if they're the same level, except I think smart guns and tech weapons have a little less innate damage to compensate for their special advantages. It's basically just about finding a weapon that you like and swapping it out when you come across one with higher DPS, but there aren't guns that are "better" than others of the same level, outside of iconics.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What exactly are you looking for in "better weapons"? There are a few different random modifiers, but DPS is 99% of it. IIRC, all the weapons have the same DPS if they're the same level, except I think smart guns and tech weapons have a little less innate damage to compensate for their special advantages. It's basically just about finding a weapon that you like and swapping it out when you come across one with higher DPS, but there aren't guns that are "better" than others of the same level, outside of iconics.
Well it seems it doesn't differentiate from weapon type so a pistol is always going to be red arrow down, right?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018

On top of Reflexes and cool, make sure you pick up the Optical Camo and Legs Cyberware from a ripperdoc. There is the hold to jump legs, the double jump legs which I prefer and the hover legs that let you float mid air for a period of time.

I don't even remember a Regina lmfao, I finished Dexes quest line a while back too. Hopefully I didn't miss a ton of content.

Regina is the Chinese American Police officer trying to stop Max-Tec from killing cyberpsychos and wanted you to incapacitate rather than kill them so they can get help. She is also connected to an item you get in the game :

Wow I didn't realize until this run that
T Bug died.

Maybe I forgot, but damn that surprised me. Does anyone know if you can follow up on her later?

There is a cyberware dealer in Kabuki Markets in Watson that tells you only a little bit of info on that afterwards.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So I just started act 2. I'm decked out with like 5 legendary quick hacks and a couple of legendary cyberware. I feel invincible. Now where the fuck is my car? I can't seem to get it back after starting that Del side quest that I don't feel like doing now.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Well it seems it doesn't differentiate from weapon type so a pistol is always going to be red arrow down, right?
I don't think so. Pretty sure everything is balanced to the same DPS at any given level, so the differences should just be in fire rate, individual projectile damage, handling, etc. I think I remember it even accounting for reload speed -- like, putting on a faster reload speed weapon mod would significantly improve the listed DPS. Certain iconics will have crazy listed DPS because they fire an extra projectile or have halved reload speed or something like that, as opposed to others that have funky DPS-adjacent things like a 20% extra chance to inflict a status effect or use a random elemental damage type.

Smart weapons and tech weapons might have a negative damage modifier like I said, but even that'd be adjusted from the same base DPS level. They might not even have that, last run through I had some pretty significant balance mods on.

Last edited:

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
So I just started act 2. I'm decked out with like 5 legendary quick hacks and a couple of legendary cyberware. I feel invincible. Now where the fuck is my car? I can't seem to get it back after starting that Del side quest that I don't feel like doing now.

Go to the garage in your apartment block for the mission "Human Nature" (I think that's what it was called), then you have to wait 10 in game hours or something to that extent, you'll get a message saying your wheels are fixed.

If you don't want to wait, you can purchase another vehicle in the mean time.

Oct 25, 2017
I really really hate jackys writing omfg. The constant Chica chica and randomly Spanish thrown in. I don't know any Spanish speakers including myself who ever speak this way or even remotely close to it

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to re-play this, but now that the DLC has been announced, I don't want to burn myself out again before then.

I think imma spend some time curating the mods I want to use for my next run instead. That should be a good time.

My current thought is whether I should install an anti-transphobia/homophobia mod or if I should keep those in to remind myself that even good art can have just the worst shit in them.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so. Pretty sure everything is balanced to the same DPS at any given level, so the differences should just be in fire rate, individual projectile damage, handling, etc. I think I remember it even accounting for reload speed -- like, putting on a faster reload speed weapon mod would significantly improve the listed DPS. Certain iconics will have crazy listed DPS because they fire an extra projectile or have halved reload speed or something like that, as opposed to others that have funky DPS-adjacent things like a 20% extra chance to inflict a status effect or use a random elemental damage type.

Smart weapons and tech weapons might have a negative damage modifier like I said, but even that'd be adjusted from the same base DPS level. They might not even have that, last run through I had some pretty significant balance mods on.
Ok I'll have to try to pay more attention because I'm not sure when my gun is obsolete or not.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I really want to re-play this, but now that the DLC has been announced, I don't want to burn myself out again before then.

My thumb rule whenever faced with this situation is just to wait, because unless you're super hungry to sink back into it you're at higher risk of burning yourself out while knowing there's newer content coming.

I'm the same, only it'll be my first run. I never found a proper groove with the game and thus haven't played past the very opening of act 2. I've mostly fucked around driving in the game oogling the visuals/mood, and have deliberately held off restarting and really, really sinking into it until CDPR were done with patches. And now that they've announced there's a cop/wanted system overhaul coming in a new patch, and the DLC will be the one and only DLC pack, I've committed myself to just waiting. No point playing the game from start to finish now, spending nearly 100 hours soaking up Night City and doing every quest I can, when there's more content and patches coming in the near future.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Go to the garage in your apartment block for the mission "Human Nature" (I think that's what it was called), then you have to wait 10 in game hours or something to that extent, you'll get a message saying your wheels are fixed.

If you don't want to wait, you can purchase another vehicle in the mean time.
Oh thanks. I didn't try waiting. I'm broke now so no new car for me lol.

I really really hate jackys writing omfg. The constant Chica chica and randomly Spanish thrown in. I don't know any Spanish speakers including myself who ever speak this way or even remotely close to it
I thought I'd hate it but I actually didn't mind. The occasional "pendejo" is annoying and stereotypical but I appreciated how he would sometimes speak complete sentences and phrases in Spanish. It was a slightly more realistic portrayal of a Hispanic character than what's usually found in video games imo.

Last edited:

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Man, I am so glad I decided to jump into this game (got it on launch and it was still in the plastic haha). Having a blast so far, few minor nitpicks but (even moreso after Edgerunners) engrossed in the world and characters (and having a dope sandevistan build).

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished Edgerunners. The game actually spoiled
David's death. I found a drink named after him in Afterlife. Though to be fair a fucking YouTube thumbnail was what actually spoiled it. This was more a confirmation.
I kinda wish I felt more sad about the ending. For some reason it didn't hit me that hard despite loving the characters and how well done it all was. Maybe it was because it was spoiled. I don't know.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished Edgerunners. The game actually spoiled
David's death. I found a drink named after him in Afterlife. Though to be fair a fucking YouTube thumbnail was what actually spoiled it. This was more a confirmation.
I kinda wish I felt more sad about the ending. For some reason it didn't hit me that hard despite loving the characters and how well done it all was. Maybe it was because it was spoiled. I don't know.
Its not really a spoiler because the drink in the game came first. And
Every person who has a drink named after them in Afterlife is dead. So you knew from the moment you heard his name that he was gonna go out in some blaze of glory

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Its not really a spoiler because the drink in the game came first. And
Every person who has a drink named after them in Afterlife is dead. So you knew from the moment you heard his name that he was gonna go out in some blaze of glory
Oh it did? I thought they maybe added it in the update. But yeah it's not like the anime doesn't heavily foreshadow it.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
My thumb rule whenever faced with this situation is just to wait, because unless you're super hungry to sink back into it you're at higher risk of burning yourself out while knowing there's newer content coming.

I'm the same, only it'll be my first run. I never found a proper groove with the game and thus haven't played past the very opening of act 2. I've mostly fucked around driving in the game oogling the visuals/mood, and have deliberately held off restarting and really, really sinking into it until CDPR were done with patches. And now that they've announced there's a cop/wanted system overhaul coming in a new patch, and the DLC will be the one and only DLC pack, I've committed myself to just waiting. No point playing the game from start to finish now, spending nearly 100 hours soaking up Night City and doing every quest I can, when there's more content and patches coming in the near future.

I'm in the exact same position as you, I'll probably do a 100% run in December 2023 or something.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it gets brought up much, but the cross progression in update 1.6 is a big deal for me. I own the game on XSX but I'm considering a double dip for the PC version now that I can transfer my progress. Getting in on the mods side of things after playing the vanilla experience on console is appealing to me, even amongst the sea of upcoming games that are vying for my attention.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I don't think it gets brought up much, but the cross progression in update 1.6 is a big deal for me. I own the game on XSX but I'm considering a double dip for the PC version now that I can transfer my progress. Getting in on the mods side of things after playing the vanilla experience on console is appealing to me, even amongst the sea of upcoming games that are vying for my attention.

If you're going to get the PC version, might as well get it cheap

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I always rush the heist mission then do gigs after for extra dialogue you get from Johnny his opinions are pretty amusing at times even comments on some cyberpsycho missions