• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
It is rushing when just doing the main quest. For those of us who wanted this game we will do I'll best to live in it To not miss out on any other activities they have in the game. A lot of stuff the poster could net answer because he skip most of the content to get to the end, that's rushing to me
Not rushing, it's playing the game in your own way. If he is only interested in the main quest on the first place, why would you criticize him ? Wtf.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
It is rushing when just doing the main quest. For those of us who wanted this game we will do I'll best to live in it To not miss out on any other activities they have in the game. A lot of stuff the poster could net answer because he skip most of the content to get to the end, that's rushing to me
For you can be, but I don't agree, the main story is what matters and doing side content is great if well done like TW3, but will always differ from player to player and is just filler and padding to me.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
All I will say is that the fact that all endings requiring you to reload your last open world save is bullshit, and there should have been one to two extra endings. (maybe they are there and I just didn't notice?)

They said that some sidequest alter the main story and its endings, so you probably can't even see all the endings the game has without playing the whole game again and doing all the sidequests + some quests are only possible for one background but not for other one and so on

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Maybe it's like in the Witcher 3 - they said that the main story in CP2077 is a personnal one and more about V and that in the side quests they take on more philosophical themes and stories.. in Witcher 3, the main story is about Geralt, Yenn/Triss and Ciri, a personnal story and side quests are about the effect/consenquences that the ongoing war has on common folk and their lives, themes of dementia, racism, politics, facing your fears, oppression, depression, war crimes, love and trust, being different (relantionship between Mislav and Florian), etc..
They've been content to openly mock, insult and fetishize trans bodies in what they have showed off pre-release for the past year and a half. Without a central theme that players will navigate and confront, that's just using us for set dressing and to help generate sales. If what there is is buried in a mission that can be missed then that does nothing to redeem that use of us, which is actively malicious and harmful with real-world consequences.

I'll obviously hope that you are right despite that, and that there's something for people working around the more fringe content, but it is immensely depressing to understand that it's not addressed as a focus centrally – especially given the scope with this setting to venture into these topics and raise them to the broad audience they've cultivated.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god the inventory storage system in this game needs a fucking "store all" feature. My god I want to throw the controller.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose the achievement/trophy list is still locked? I really hope there isn't a difficulty achievement. Witcher 3 was a lot more fun on the hardest difficulty for the achievement, but 3rd person combat is a lot easier to deal with on harder levels.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks so much for sharing the new perks! I added them to the spreadsheet :)

Appreciated! Hope we'll get it filled.

Here are the Reflexes - Handgun perks:
From Head to Toe | 11 | 2 | Increases damage to limbs with Pistols and revolvers by 7%
A Fistful of Eurodollars | 11 | 2 | Increases crit damage with Pistols and Revolvers by 10%
On the Fly | 7 | 2 | Reduces draw/holster time for Pistols and REvolvers by 25%
Desperado | 5 | 3 | Increases damage with Pistols and Revolvers by 3%
Gunslinger | 0 | 3 | Reduces reload time for Pistols and Revolvers by 10%
High Noon | 0 | 3 | Increases crit chance with Pistols and Revolvers by 4%
O.K. Corral | 9 | 1 | Deal 50% more damage with Pistols and Revolvers to enemies whose health is below 25%
Attritional Fire | 14 | 1 | Firing consecutive shots with a pistol or Revolver at the same target increases damage by 10%
Acrobat | 12 | 1 | You can now perform dodges while aiming a Pistol or Revolver
Steady Hand | 9 | 1 | Reduces Pistol and Revolver recoil by 30%
Vanishing point | 9 | 1| Evasion increases by 25% for 6 sec. after performing a dodge with a Pistol or Revolver equipped
Wild West | 14 | 1 | Removes the damage penalty from Pistols and Revolvers when shooting form a distance
Brainpower | 20 | 1 | After a successful headshot with a Pistol or Revolver, crit chance increases by 25% for 5 sec.
Rio Bravo | 5 | 3 | Increases headshot damage multiplier with Pistols and Revolvers by 10%
Long Shot Drop Pop | 7 | 2 | Increases damage with Pistols and Revolvers to enemies 5+ meters away by 15%
Grand Finale | 12 | 1 | The last round in a Pistol or Revolver clip deals double damage
Lead Sponge | 18 | 1 | Enables you to shoot with Pistols and Revolvers while dodging
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly | 20 | 0+ | After a successful crit hit with a Pistol or Revolver, damage and armor increases by 30% for 5 seconds. +1% per Perk level

2 skills were not shown and are missing

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the complaints about the main quest length, does none remember articles such as this https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ed-cyberpunks-campaign-over-length-complaints ? CDPR had said the campaign will be shorter than the witcher 3.
It makes perfect sense if you remember it being compared to the Witcher 3. That game had so much content, that people would be shocked to hear that a game could be only 20 hours long. Even if the Witcher could be beaten in a short period of time. So I totally get why the impressions are what they are.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
The map makes it look small but driving through it makes it feel really fucking big.
So Hobbes any chance you can upload a short video going through the perks like this please? Really, just for a frame or two is enough.
ezgif-4-14a628b7cc50.gif

We've been working on collecting all perks in a google doc:
Cyberpunk 2077 perk info_V2.xlsx - Google Drive

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
wait so 30 hrs but aren't all 3 playstyles diff with the missions so technically 90 if you want to play all routes?

or am i trippin an the other playstyles u have the same missions and its just ur movesets that are diff

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
wait so 30 hrs but aren't all 3 playstyles diff with the missions so technically 90 if you want to play all routes?

or am i trippin an the other playstyles u have the same missions and its just ur movesets that are diff
The three routes are mostly about your character's background. It changes up the prologue and where you start, but after that the main story is the same. The primary feature is unique dialogue options in certain situations for each of the three lifepaths.

CDPR has said there are unique quests for each path, but it's not really clear how substantial they'll be or how many there are. I wouldn't expect anything too drastic tbh.

Last edited:

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The map makes it look small but driving through it makes it feel really fucking big.
Just gonna re-ask a question because it got missed in the bombardment you've been getting, haha. Thanks for taking these questions and giving us info!

How were the RPG systems? You said you mostly did stealth stuff. How many perk points do you end up getting (plus how often) and do you feel like you were limited to being able to do like one or two things well, or did you get enough to branch out in multiple things? How were equipment/weapons in terms of customizability and how much they affected what you were able to do?

Thanks again!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Of course they didn't make 3 campaigns. It changes your opening and some dialog options in some quests. We are talking a true deviation of maybe a couple hours of gameplay at most.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to try and pace myself at one MSQ for every 2 side quests otherwise I will do what I always do and be pissed when some feature, vendor, ability is only unlocked when I'm 50 hours in because I ignored the main story

Does anyone know when this unlocks New Zealand time on Xbox live?

Oct 30, 2017
United States
Appreciated! Hope we'll get it filled.

Here are the Reflexes - Handgun perks:
From Head to Toe | 11 | 2 | Increases damage to limbs with Pistols and revolvers by 7%
A Fistful of Eurodollars | 11 | 2 | Increases crit damage with Pistols and Revolvers by 10%
On the Fly | 7 | 2 | Reduces draw/holster time for Pistols and REvolvers by 25%
Desperado | 5 | 3 | Increases damage with Pistols and Revolvers by 3%
Gunslinger | 0 | 3 | Reduces reload time for Pistols and Revolvers by 10%
High Noon | 0 | 3 | Increases crit chance with Pistols and Revolvers by 4%
O.K. Corral | 9 | 1 | Deal 50% more damage with Pistols and Revolvers to enemies whose health is below 25%
Attritional Fire | 14 | 1 | Firing consecutive shots with a pistol or Revolver at the same target increases damage by 10%
Acrobat | 12 | 1 | You can now perform dodges while aiming a Pistol or Revolver
Steady Hand | 9 | 1 | Reduces Pistol and Revolver recoil by 30%
Vanishing point | 9 | 1| Evasion increases by 25% for 6 sec. after performing a dodge with a Pistol or Revolver equipped
Wild West | 14 | 1 | Removes the damage penalty from Pistols and Revolvers when shooting form a distance
Brainpower | 20 | 1 | After a successful headshot with a Pistol or Revolver, crit chance increases by 25% for 5 sec.
Rio Bravo | 5 | 3 | Increases headshot damage multiplier with Pistols and Revolvers by 10%
Long Shot Drop Pop | 7 | 2 | Increases damage with Pistols and Revolvers to enemies 5+ meters away by 15%
Grand Finale | 12 | 1 | The last round in a Pistol or Revolver clip deals double damage
Lead Sponge | 18 | 1 | Enables you to shoot with Pistols and Revolvers while dodging
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly | 20 | 0+ | After a successful crit hit with a Pistol or Revolver, damage and armor increases by 30% for 5 seconds. +1% per Perk level

2 skills were not shown and are missing

Thanks for adding those too! I'll do some cross checking and update the spreadsheet we've got going :)

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Love seeing distance perks for handguns. Seems like I'll be sticking with my plan to focus on revolvers / pistols.

767c5f67c7b5ef76f2c4633f4cab64c3cb2bf6f1.gifv

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Does levelling V grant boosts on specifics or increase general stats?

How do enemy levels (or scaling if it exists) work?

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Does levelling V grant boosts on specifics or increase general stats?

How do enemy levels (or scaling if it exists) work?

When you level up, you get a attribute point(s) which you can then spend to level up one of the 5 main attributes : Body, Reflexes, Technical Ability, Inteligence and Cool.. when you for example level up Reflexes, it increases this stats: increase your passive Evasion from enemy attack by x %, increase crit. chance by x %, Increase damage from Mantis Blade by 3.. and so on

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.