PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Wasn't Witcher 3 also a tire fire at launch? Maybe not as bad as this of course, but not great. I always assumed I'd need to hold off on Cyberpunk for at least a few months worth of patches just based on CDPR track record 🤷‍♂️

This is ridiculous though, actual store removal is a true wtf level of fail.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
I7XZSMx.png

These guys are like the Japanese officers that kept fighting World War 2 for decades after the surrender.

For PS4 and PS5 owners wondering how updates for Cyberpunk 2077 will work going forward after SIE's decision, this is the latest statement from CDPR.

Cutty

Oct 31, 2017
For PS4 and PS5 owners wondering how updates for Cyberpunk 2077 will work going forward after SIE's decision, this is the latest statement from CDPR.

"The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") hereby publicly discloses the decision of Sony Interactive Entertainment (hereinafter referred to as "SIE") to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice. The decision was undertaken following our discussion with SIE regarding a full refund for all gamers who had purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund at this time. All copies of the game previously purchased digitally on PlayStation Store remain available for use by their respective buyers.

Gamers can still buy physical versions of the game in retail and mail order stores. All copies, whether digital or physical, will continue to receive support and updates from the Company

The Management Board of the Company has decided to publicly disclose this information in the form of a current report due to its potential influence on investment-related decisions. "

Source: CDPR Stock Exchange Report
1 hour ago.

Absolute power move by Sony and I'm not sure these bridges will be amended anytime soon. I'm sure the game will be back on PSN eventually, but I imagine the relationship between the companies will take a huge hit.

(And CDPR does look like a good fit for Microsoft to be honest...)

It's 100% a fuck you, I don't even know why cdpr thought it was a good idea tbh? Yeah, let's throw the market leader under the bus for our mistakes! I'm sure it will totally not blow up in our faces/s and you have to look at it from sony's pov: not only with third parties, but first parties! They have released countless of open world games & they where never this broken! my question is if physical sellers will whip up something?

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The marketing deal is definitely going to be a massive issue between CDPR and Microsoft, but I think this is going to force their hand. After Sony and CDPR are declaring the game broken it's going to give a massive standing for any Xbox owners looking to refund the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up pulling it as a result.

I would be shocked if the game is on consoles again before June 2021 as this is no doubt not being taken lightly.
so we end where we should have started. everyone who saw the gameplay cdpr showed knew it was well beyond ps4/xb1 harfware. it should have come out on pc first, than waited for nextgen for consoles.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
Everything I've read about this game on here has been the most awful shit. I'm glad I actually didn't like the Witcher 2/3 so I didn't end up supporting such a vile, transphobic, hateful company.

I do feel for the devs who had to crunch like hell to get this game out, but man it's just such a mess. The blame entirely rests on managements feet.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I still think the CDPR is in a questionable decision legally. Obviously it would be hard to 100% prove but they clearly and deliberately misled the consumer and sold a knowingly faulty product.

They Should be facing legal action.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

Why is it like this with Sony? I've never had an issue with MS on this front but Sony and Nintendo have given me headaches in the past.

Microsoft should delist it for the xbox one at least (by all accounts the xsx one plays good). Just cause there is a system in place for refunds, players shouldnt have to find out how shit this game is on the One and then refund it. Hell, some people that don't know better will buy a broken product and keep playing it without knowing there is a way to get a refund or that it should be better. This is a bad take from Jeff

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
This is a megaton. No... This is a SUPERTON! Wait no..... A

HYPERTON....

Dayum!!!!!

Oct 27, 2017
If any of you have stock w/ CD Project Red, I would sell ASAP as once the markets open, Stock will probably take a dive. How the fuck their stock went up is beyond me.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the anti-Sony pro-Microsoft posts in this thread are fucking bananas...

Microsoft will at least be forced to respond I think.

Klepek's point is bang on. Sony do not want to be seen as selling a faulty product. It's a legally tenuous position. Their refund scheme doesn't allow easy refunds without legitimate complaint. Allowing refunds for all purchasers implies the game is faulty. Sony can't be seen as knowingly selling faulty goods, the end.

Some in here have suggested that Microsoft's refund system gives them an easier out because they do allow refunds in a somewhat wider set of cases. To be honest I think Microsoft are now in a similar bind anyway. They are vulnerable to the accusation that they are knowingly selling broken goods and the version they are selling is the worst performing by some distance.

Personally I reckon Microsoft will do something similar, perhaps allowing the game to still be purchased on XSX. There's a narrative side to this now. Sony are protecting gamers from buying a broken game and penalising a developer for releasing a broken game. Microsoft won't want to be seen as doing the opposite.
Considering how badly Cyberpunk runs on the base One S, I don't see how MS doesn't respond.

CyclotronHGA

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if things would have been better off in the long run if CDPR scrapped this for XBO/PS4, gave it another year or so in the oven, and only released it for XSX/PS5/PC. They'd lose a huge install base, but the last gen console performance is killing this game.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I still think the CDPR is in a questionable decision legally. Obviously it would be hard to 100% prove but they clearly and deliberately misled the consumer and sold a knowingly faulty product.

They Should be facing legal action.
Well, for that to happen, someone needs to file one. I'm sure there'll be an attempt at a class action lawsuit.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Uh....Microsoft has a proper refund policy already

there are plenty of people for both cyberpunk and other games that have been refused a refund. I was denied because I had downloaded a game and played for 10 minutes. Their excuse? I had downloaded the game. Exact as Sony. Maybe it's because I'm in Australia I do not know, but let's not talk as if MS refund policy is some amazing beacon of light

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Good, There shouldn't be any reason to release a game in this kind of state in this current day.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017

"The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") hereby publicly discloses the decision of Sony Interactive Entertainment (hereinafter referred to as "SIE") to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice. The decision was undertaken following our discussion with SIE regarding a full refund for all gamers who had purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund at this time. All copies of the game previously purchased digitally on PlayStation Store remain available for use by their respective buyers.

Gamers can still buy physical versions of the game in retail and mail order stores. All copies, whether digital or physical, will continue to receive support and updates from the Company

The Management Board of the Company has decided to publicly disclose this information in the form of a current report due to its potential influence on investment-related decisions. "

Source: CDPR Stock Exchange Report
1 hour ago.
Great find. This is encouraging then that it'll still continue to get updates.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you get denied refunds if you get an achievement / play more than 2 hours?
Yeah there were many that got denied refunds for it on xbox as well.

I believe on the refund website it mentions that it needs to be within 14 days. You can also put a bunch of reasons and explanations for stuff. I'd be very surprised if too many had troubles getting refunds for this.
There were a bunch of reports here regarding being denied from microsoft. It seemed like there was a good mixture on both systems of being denied.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
If I didn't have a ps5 I'd hit that refund button.

it's playable enough for me, though obviously not taking advantage of ps5 features.

edit: ah screw it, I'm not that far in and I can just go back to playing other stuff till they get this sorted.

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What even is this post
the games microsoft co-marketed this gen. the big games at their e3 events, games they released xbox bundles with, etc. i'm not criticizing Microsoft, from their perspective you could see the potential for these games and why they'd bet on them, but they've all had messy releases.