Oct 27, 2017
so we end where we should have started. everyone who saw the gameplay cdpr showed knew it was well beyond ps4/xb1 harfware. it should have come out on pc first, than waited for nextgen for consoles.
If anything it's a massive step-back from where it would have been (for CDPR as a company at least). Not only has it taken a massive blow to their reputation with console manufacturers and potentially exposed them to legal challenges, but they've almost certainly taken a significant hit to what they'd originally made through pre-orders (which, if they'd delayed, would be relatively intact unless they cancel it); the ramifications on the stock price is also going to be large.

Cutty

Oct 31, 2017
Great find. This is encouraging then that it'll still continue to get updates.

Yeah I think it's good at least the PS4 and PS5 owners who still want to play it and who are worried about how updates will work can still look forward to them.

Personally, I'm glad I held off on purchasing. But this response is unprecedented.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
So 8 million preorders, 42% on consoles = 3.36 million.
Presuming a 2:1 split between PS and Xbox would be 1.68 million ps4 versions.
At $60 US a game that's ~$100 million is refunds.

This is just a guess as it doesn't take into account digital/physical spit, purchases made without preordering, and regional prices.

lel

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
You delist it because it is a BROKEN product, the game is straight unplayable on base consoles.
If Microsoft can delist the game ONLY on the XONE they should do the same.
There many broken games are on both systems' storefronts, even triple A ones. The difference one makes a refund process doable, the other puts a one time restriction and that's it. Did you know you can cancel a pre order with no problem on Xbox but on PlayStation you have to go through hoops and hurdles

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Just seeing this now and it's absolutely unprecedented. We'll all remember this. Videogame history right here. I've never seen, not a franchise, but a game company, throw away so much goodwill capital like this. Just right in the fire with CDPR. It's not like they make 30 other games they can lean back on. This was it.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Delisted? Jesus, that's such a monumental fuckup by CDPR. They made their devs crunch relentlessly for this? Greed.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
there are plenty of people for both cyberpunk and other games that have been refused a refund. I was denied because I had downloaded a game and played for 10 minutes. Their excuse? I had downloaded the game. Exact as Sony. Maybe it's because I'm in Australia I do not know, but let's not talk as if MS refund policy is some amazing beacon of light

I"m in Australia.

I had downloaded Tekken 7

Still got a refund.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa.

Like I said in another thread, this is something that could sink CDPR permanently.

Unprecedented territory here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't know if they need to because you can definitely get refunds from xbox. It seems like the system is a little more flexable than Sony's, who have apparently decide to take this personally lol

It's definitely more flexible than Sony's system but there have been people who have reported issues with with getting refunds from MS.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
It's 100% a fuck you, I don't even know why cdpr thought it was a good idea tbh? Yeah, let's throw the market leader under the bus for our mistakes! I'm sure it will totally not blow up in our faces/s and you have to look at it from sony's pov: not only with third parties, but first parties! They have released countless of open world games & they where never this broken! my question is if physical sellers will whip up something?

Well to be fair, buggy and broken games haven't been delisted before. Sony kept Skyrim for sale on PS3 for example. CDPR had every reason to believe that they could get away with it because neither Sony nor Microsoft have taken such drastic actions with big AAA games in the past.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I believe on the refund website it mentions that it needs to be within 14 days. You can also put a bunch of reasons and explanations for stuff. I'd be very surprised if too many had troubles getting refunds for this.

I've had people I know get refunds denied for Cyberpunk after playing 3 hours of the game. They, Epic, Valve and CDPR themselves need to do the same asap because this is a big mess.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if things would have been better off in the long run if CDPR scrapped this for XBO/PS4, gave it another year or so in the oven, and only released it for XSX/PS5/PC. They'd lose a huge install base, but the last gen console performance is killing this game.
Didnt they release a CyberPunk themed Xbox? It would be... interesting to have a themed console where the game didnt end up coming out on said console LOL

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
The CDPR CEO said that the PS4 version ran "amazingly well" a few months ago and admitted in the investor's call yesterday that they "didn't pay enough attention" to it.

That sounds a helluva lot like fraud to me.
He said "surprisingly well". Which to me didn't instill much confidence about the game's perfomance, but it turned out to be even worse than I expected. I believe he was careful how to word it, something running "surprisingly well" doesn't really translate to something running great. But it also avoids saying the truth, that it runs like shit if at all.

Last edited:

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit wow. Never thought Sony would pull a move like that. Can't say I'm mad! I was so hyped for this game over a year ago, but they just make it easier and easier to ignore

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft should delist it for the xbox one at least (by all accounts the xsx one plays good). Just cause there is a system in place for refunds, players shouldnt have to find out how shit this game is on the One and then refund it. Hell, some people that don't know better will buy a broken product and keep playing it without knowing there is a way to get a refund or that it should be better. This is a bad take from Jeff

The game runs fine on PS5 though and you can't buy it anymore if you own a PS5. You can't delist the game on Xbox and leave it just for Series consoles because there isn't a Series specific version in regards to a SKU.

Oct 27, 2017

dead2.gif

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
So do I need to request a refund (my first attempt failed a few days ago) or will it just happen? Confused on next steps here. Sorry if it's already been answered.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Feel bad for the devs that probably saw this coming with management's rush to get it out and they'll have to keep crunching to get it back in as good of a shape as they can.

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because there are many games that are much more broken than Cyberpunk on PSN. Remember Life of Black Tiger, the game Sony actively hosted a trailer for on their channel?

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anything it's a massive step-back from where it would have been (for CDPR as a company at least). Not only has it taken a massive blow to their reputation with console manufacturers and potentially exposed them to legal challenges, but they've almost certainly taken a significant hit to what they'd originally made through pre-orders (which, if they'd delayed, would be relatively intact unless they cancel it); the ramifications on the stock price is also going to be large.
agreed on that, I was more on the end result to release schedule. they should have used ms flight sim strat of pc first 6 month to a year nextgen.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
I'm sorry but if you had a decent refund system there is no need to delist (just like what Jeff Grubb said). You delist to keep your refund policy
MS refund system is automatic, that's why works well. But the same system can't deal with refunds that don't follow the rules it has. If I remember, if you played the game for 2 hours and earn one achievement, the system will refuse your refund. In this situation in question, I believe you can refund even if you finished the game. Anyway, the biggest issue would be selling a broken game to the majority of their userbase that still has Xone S or even base Xboxes.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At least this sets a very good precedent for future companies not to pull this shit.

Show off the game running on consoles before releasing.

Devon

Oct 29, 2017
I wish I remember more about what the WWE 2K20 refund circus was like. I know I got one from Sony, and a ton of other people got one too, but it wasn't this dramatic and it was never delisted. That game was very crashy on every platform, especially on the customization side, but it was overall a less broken game than this is, obviously with much lower expectations too.

Is there another comparable for a broken, modern AAA game from a big deal publisher?

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I'm confused, how do you start the refund process. I don't see anything on that page besides the statement.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone nuked their goodwill to the level that CDPR did right now? Not long ago they were the kings withing gaming communities, now they reached a point that I had never seen before

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Why don't they still have it on the store with a warning about the issues. I know some people that still want to buy it (some PS5 owners I know). I have 15 hours into the game on PS5 and have had zero crashes. I know that others have, but would it not be wiser to leave that decision up to the consumer? I love that they offering refunds to people no question, but there are a lot of people that still want to buy it and there are people that bought the Digital Edition of the PS5 that don't have a way to get it otherwise.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
OK I guess? I don't understand why you are responding to me.
A lot of players goes against Sony about this mess (they have a terrible refund policy nonetheless).

I am responding to someone saying delisting is too far, comparing to others buggy games. Telling to ask for refund without dealing with Sony was "too far" for them and it is definitely a punishment for that behavior, not because the game is buggy.
Because you're making the issue about "Oh you made us look bad! Time to punish you for calling us out!", when in fact the likeliest scenario is "You want us to handle all this immense influx of refund requests? Fine, let's talk numbers and compensation".
I've worked in a big company locally overseeing different products and processes, shit's not as childish-sounding as the first scenario.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020

Absolute power move by Sony and I'm not sure these bridges will be amended anytime soon. I'm sure the game will be back on PSN eventually, but I imagine the relationship between the companies will take a huge hit.

(And CDPR does look like a good fit for Microsoft to be honest...)

Wouldn't be surprised Sony doesn't want anymore CDPR Games on their consoles, what they did looks pretty bad for a company, especially a Japanese one, like Sony

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
If I didn't have a ps5 I'd hit that refund button.

it's playable enough for me, though obviously not taking advantage of ps5 features.

edit: ah screw it, I'm not that far in and I can just go back to playing other stuff till they get this sorted.
Same. The game looks good on PS5. But it still crashes like every hour. Definitely not worth the $60.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft should delist it for the xbox one at least (by all accounts the xsx one plays good). Just cause there is a system in place for refunds, players shouldnt have to find out how shit this game is on the One and then refund it. Hell, some people that don't know better will buy a broken product and keep playing it without knowing there is a way to get a refund or that it should be better. This is a bad take from Jeff
Yeah, that's a good point.