RealEvil

Nov 6, 2017
They brought all this on themselves and it is hilarious. And thank God I can get my £50 back for that trainwreck. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

FYI - Loads of Ubisoft games just dropped in price (physical) eg Fenyx Rising. That's £33 PS4/PS5. And if runs beautifully.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Just waking up to this and in complete shock. Had to check PSN make sure its really gone, holy shit!
This is a massive L for CDPR and such a shame and fall from grace for them (amidst all the other crap).

Wonder when the game gets put back up on the store lol

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Wonder if this will push them to release the next gen version for PS5 in the meantime while they try and sort out the PS4 version? They said on that call that they essentially had the next gen versions ready didn't they?

PS4 version runs decent on my PS5, if they can sort out the hard crashes I would be pretty happy with it.

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Don't own it, based on feedback I heard here.

But, good on Sony delisting it. Release shit get treated like shit. Dunno if others are following suit, but if the videos and other examples are true.... They should ASAP. The issues going into this was a whol bag of shit, and now they are also showing incompetence... Weird that.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Both Sony and Microsoft let this game through certification. They must have known what a mess it was. There are no heroes here.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
What a crazy scenario. It's a bit of a weird one - the game is buggy but if you're on PS5 / SX the game runs pretty well and in most cases is much less egregious than some games we've had that Sony have been fine selling to customers. But on the flipside the PS4 / XB1 base versions are wholly unacceptable and should absolutely be removed from sale.

Can't help but feel this is a little bit fueled by the whole refund debacle. Shockwaves!! Can only be an overall positive thing in the long run.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
It crashes often. And has AI bugs or gfx glitches. Plenty of issues.

PS5 player here and haven't ran into a lot of bugs and glitches. Had a total of 6 or so crashes over a gametime of 30 hours. the game is kinda a hit or a miss. It's by no means a perfect game but honestly I was expecting much more issues on the PS5 and so far I'm really enjoying it.

Anyway, really nice move from Sony regardless of whether or not it's due to their refund policy. CDPR should be punished by both Sony and MS for the last gen version.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Is it really that bad on PS5 too? I'd heard old PS4s can barely run it but figured PS5 version would be fine.

Interesting they removed it from both systems.

Fair Trial

Jan 1, 2018
User Warned: Inflammatory commentary, blaming devs for mismanagement.
I feel so bad for the individual devs who worked on this game. Put through the meat grinder ultimately for this.

Why feeling bad for someone who is not able to do his own job and is not willing to admit it?
Devs do games, if the games don't work then there's a problem. Change the game or change the devs.
This game has not exactly been rushed...it's been in development for YEARS.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Why feeling bad for someone who is not able to do his own job and is not willing to admit it?
Devs do games, if the game don't work then there's a problem. Change the game or change the devs.
According to some rumors, it had only been in development for 1.5 years. They just messed around in preproduction for ages.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
PS5 player here and haven't ran into a lot of bugs and glitches. Had a total of 6 or so crashes over a gametime of 30 hours. the game is kinda a hit or a miss. It's by no means a perfect game but honestly I was expecting much more issues on the PS5 and so far I'm really enjoying it.

Anyway, really nice move from Sony regardless of whether or not it's due to their refund policy. CDPR should be punished by both Sony and MS for the last gen version.
Thanks for the input :)
It seems to vary from user to user. I am glad you are enjoying even with those issues.

I hope Sony and MS punish them for this. CDPR needs to learn it the hard way. Especially after holding back the last gen versions.

Aug 18, 2020
Good grief.

Do you think it makes more sense for CDPR to abandon their patch fix timeline to quickly optimize it for PS5 in hopes of salvaging the experience they promised console folks (and at least get it back in one marketplace) -- or do you think this move by Sony forces CDPR to prioritize patching the PS4 version to meet re-certification?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Lol what's so terrible about it, don't be scared please tell. Facts are this games open world is expertly crafted. Just because this game runs like shit on last gen hardware doesn't take away from this amazing game.
Runs great on current gen consoles.

The fact that your time with the game on PS5 was fine isn't important. There are many documented instances of the game having many issues on PS5 despite clearly being better than PS4. Consistent bugs, constant crashes.

Saying it "runs great on current gen consoles" is factually incorrect if it crashes for many users regularly.

The idea that the game is amazing on its own is quite arguable as laid out well in the recent Easy Allies review. But even forgetting that, your opinion is one that ignores the issues with the game from how terribly it runs to the transphobic and sexist nonsense.

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
There were many bug-ridden games i played on Playstation for years but this is the first game in my lifetime that had more than 30 crashes. At least 2 side missions not popping up. I've never even seen the title screen. Game shouldn't come out in this state. Period.

All my PS4 years i had maybe 10 crashes at best. I think Sony saw the crash reports and refund requests and said this is it.

Hope this major moment in history will lead better QA, certification, refund process.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Hopefully this will force the CDPR exec shitheads to make changes for the better, or better yet, get replaced.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get people trying to say that the game should still be listed for digital purchase, or for PS5 owners at least (and I've had nurmerous issues on a PS5).

CDPR bungled everything. Outside of the numerous content issues (i.e. transphobia, treatment of minorities, ableism, it's handling of police, not enough RPG-ness), it's a technical mess. Management decided to play a game of hot potato, and Sony was having none of it. Especially in what's been a year of fantastic marketing and PR from them.

I can't wait for post-mortems on this and even an HBR case study years later.

The only people I feel sorry for are the devs.

There's also no PS5 version so Sony probably can't just list it for the PS5 alone.

CDPR needs to take their game back and spend another year or so on it.

Kuni

Oct 27, 2017
This certainly is a shocker. I actually heard about this first on my local radio station's news (something that never happens), which tells you how big it is.

I can't recall anything like this happening before on PlayStation at least, a few delays at the last second perhaps (and then there's technically PT of course) but nothing like this.

I feel for the people who have been duped out of their money on this (and can hopefully now get full refunds) and had such an anticipated game fall so flat. But I also feel for the devs, who would've known about all of this and more but corporate went ahead anyways - Effectively destroying many years of good will and built up reputation in an instant.

What a disaster.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Devs do games, if the games don't work then there's a problem. Change the game or change the devs.
Because this is a failure of those people who are overseeing the development, not the individual devs who very likely worked their asses off to get this game out in a playable form.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really that bad on PS5 too? I'd heard old PS4s can barely run it but figured PS5 version would be fine.

They didn't "remove it from both systems": there is no PS5 version. It's the PS4 version running in BC mode. There is no way for Sony to discern whether you're buying the game to play it on a PS4, a Pro or a PS5. It's the same version for all systems, and it's by no means magically fixed if you're playing it on PS5.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I don't remember any of those publishers actively hiding their console versions and not allowing anyone, even reviewers see it before the release. For example, FO76 had a beta. The issues with the game were well known before the release.
What CDPR did is downright scammy by comparison. They said "we're delaying it to get it ready," "The console versions run surprisingly well." They actively forbade any footage of the game prior to the release, even the PC footage, and didn't send out console review codes. It's a scam, considering how many pre-orders the game had. We leave greed to the others, my ass. Sony is right to delist it.

Bethesda did that with Skyrim. Some reviewers had specifically asked for PS3 version, but got the 360 one instead.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017

Most of the time it looked like GTAV. Then several crashes a day. And when it crashes, your settings will be reverted back to default.
Then some bugs here and there.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is insanely unprecedented, still very surprised
about on the level of awareness as apple removing fortnite from the store for me

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
If they delist it, those who have it installed and not intending to refund, technically cannot receive the next patch once it is out?

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
5ljp1.jpg

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
This certainly is a shocker. I actually heard about this first on my local radio station's news (something that never happens), which tells you how big it is.

Yeah same I was driving and it was on BBC Radio 1 this morning and then saw it on the news too before I started checking in on the gaming communities to see the reaction.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Now it's up to Microsoft to do the same. If they don't, the image they have created of pro-consumer will go down the drain.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
If they delist it, those who have it installed and not intending to refund, technically cannot receive the next patch once it is out?

I believe it's covered in the OP. You can still buy physical copies and it's still going to be supported with patches. (So they say)

What's happening is Sony doesn't want to be responsible for future refunds. You can return if already purchased and you can no longer buy it from their market place. If you buy a physical copy, that's between you and Best Buy, GameStop etc

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
They'll still be supporting it with patches for those who choose to keep the game

I don't think the question is whether CDPR will still support the games sold on the platform but rather how fast will Sony bother to push patches through cert for a game they're no longer selling. If nothing else, it's certainly dropped in priority.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft should follow, but I don't know if they will since they have a marketing deal. Make CD Projekt get this in a playable state on base consoles first.

It's poetically enjoyable, but conversely, I know we're two patches away from We forGiVE YOu KIng, as illustrated many times on this forum.
Everyone loves a good comeback story. Cyber Punk 2077 Definitive Edition, coming holiday 2021. We definitely know how this plays out in a year or two.